• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

"Darren Aronofsky’s upcoming film 'Noah' was on the agenda at the NRB International Christian Media Convention on Sunday, amid ongoing debate over just how closely the film will stick to the biblical text.

"An evening panel moderated by National Religious Broadcasters CEO Jerry Johnson included Hollywood filmmaker and media consultant Phil Cooke and John Snowden, who was a biblical adviser for the 'Noah' film.

"All three acknowledged that there has been contention over the film and expressed varying levels of support for the motion picture ...

"The general sentiment from the panel was that it would be wise for Paramount to put a disclaimer before the film that denotes that 'Noah' was inspired by the story, but that it does not stick strictly to the biblical account.

"With tension at the center of much of the publicity surrounding the movie, the presence of 'Noah' at the International Christian Media Convention was notably different from the representation of other Hollywood films.

"'Noah' wasn’t screened — an oddity considering that it seemed to be a good venue for simply showing the film and cutting down on the debate ..."

Maybe they want controversy since controversy sells?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/02/26/some-of-you-youre-going-to-cringe-insiders-unveil-theological-themes-in-noah-movie/

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

well look who they got staring in it lol. Russel Crowe does like his ship movies, to date (havent seen noah yet) the best movie Ive seen with him in it has been Master and Commander.

Guest shiloh357

The movie is basically an apologetic for environmentalism with a biblical veneer.  I would not waste money going to see it or renting it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Maybe they want controversy since controversy sells?

controversy is also free advertising...   the more we talk about it the more it will draw people's attention that it exists.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  06/09/1974

I saw the preview the DAY it hit Youtube.

It is not meant to be a Biblical portrayal.  It is ... theatrics.

I think if people know this in advance, there is less chance for disappointment and higher chance for enjoyment.

Guest shiloh357

I saw the preview the DAY it hit Youtube.

It is not meant to be a Biblical portrayal.  It is ... theatrics.

I think if people know this in advance, there is less chance for disappointment and higher chance for enjoyment.

And a higher chance that those of us who love the word of God won't waste our money on a piece godless trash.

• Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

And now this:

"Amid ongoing controversy over the theological themes depicted in Darren Aronofsky’s upcoming film 'Noah,' Paramount Pictures has decided to add an 'explanatory message' to future marketing materials letting prospective viewers know that 'artistic license has been taken.'

"An upcoming online trailer, the movie’s official website and all print and radio spots, among other advertisements, will contain the following caveat:

'The film is inspired by the story of Noah. While artistic license has been taken, we believe that this film is true to the essence, values, and integrity of a story that is a cornerstone of faith for millions of people worldwide. The biblical story of Noah can be found in the book of Genesis.'"

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/02/28/noah-movies-bible-controversy-leads-paramount-to-add-explanatory-message-to-advertising-materials/

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,986
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

I made the mistake of getting suckered into watching the Son of God. Lesson learned, I won't make that mistake again.

• Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

The movie is basically an apologetic for environmentalism with a biblical veneer.  I would not waste money going to see it or renting it.

In what way? It's not trying to bring Global warming into it, is it?