Honest Assessment of New ‘Noah’ Movie

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I saw the preview the DAY it hit Youtube.

It is not meant to be a Biblical portrayal.  It is ... theatrics.

I think if people know this in advance, there is less chance for disappointment and higher chance for enjoyment.

I agree. I don't think we can expect anything too deep from Hollywood, nor should we. It's obviously meant to be a blockbuster, and it likely will be. Of all the movies Hollywood has produced, I do have to say that this is not at all a bad choice.

I don't think I've watched any of the modern so-called "Bible" movies and I probably won't bother. I don't have the money for the theater for one thing, the other reason is all the debate and controversy that usually surround them. I don't see any sense in giving them what they want which is free advertising. The Book is always going to be better than the movie when it comes to the Bible! 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

The movie is basically an apologetic for environmentalism with a biblical veneer.  I would not waste money going to see it or renting it.

In what way? It's not trying to bring Global warming into it, is it?

Man destroys the earth (that is the sin of man, harming the planet), so Noah must save it. Thats the environmental aspect of it. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

The movie is basically an apologetic for environmentalism with a biblical veneer.  I would not waste money going to see it or renting it.

In what way? It's not trying to bring Global warming into it, is it?

Man destroys the earth (that is the sin of man, harming the planet), so Noah must save it. Thats the environmental aspect of it. 

It really annoys me when they try to bring their own warped political views into everything.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone...

I went to see "Son of God" & to be honest I cannot even comment because I slept through most of it-LOL    I tried desperately to stay awake but it was the slowest moving movie I ever saw....but I was wide awake for the coming attractions & gee whiz that Noah movie looked outrageous,very disappointed to hear such bad reviews,I think I am going to have to judge this one for myself......the clips I saw sure looked like a Baaad bunch of folks making fun of Noah building the vessel in obedience to God.......Oh & the special effects looked grand......we shall see?

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Bible movies are coming back in fashion but for the wrong reasons. They are not there to edify the word of Christ but to instill confusion.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I just watched a trailer for the movie, and I found myself feeling disturbed by what I saw.

Jesus was alone with Peter in his fishing boat when He told Peter to throw the net over. After Peter throws the net, Jesus dips his hand in the water and swirls it a bit. This makes his power look more like sorcery. Then after Peter caught the fish and Jesus invited Peter to follow him, Peter asked what he wanted to do, and Jesus said, "Change the world." Wrong!

Jesus was actually in the tomb placing his hands on Lazerus' head to raise him. Again, this looks more like sorcery than the authority of his word.

I just watched a trailer for the movie, and I found myself feeling disturbed by what I saw.

Jesus was alone with Peter in his fishing boat when He told Peter to throw the net over. After Peter throws the net, Jesus dips his hand in the water and swirls it a bit. This makes his power look more like sorcery. Then after Peter caught the fish and Jesus invited Peter to follow him, Peter asked what he wanted to do, and Jesus said, "Change the world." Wrong!

Jesus was actually in the tomb placing his hands on Lazerus' head to raise him. Again, this looks more like sorcery than the authority of his word.

They don't understand the miracles of Jesus. They portray them as 'magic' because that is what the Harry Potter generation wants to see.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  06/09/1974

I think if people know this in advance, there is less chance for disappointment and higher chance for enjoyment.

I agree. I don't think we can expect anything too deep from Hollywood, nor should we. It's obviously meant to be a blockbuster, and it likely will be. Of all the movies Hollywood has produced, I do have to say that this is not at all a bad choice.

did you notice the "heresy" of that fallen angel banging the flaming sword into the earth, and sending a shockwave towards the men?  i bet this movie will twist the Biblical story and suggest that fallen angels try to "help" Noah.

Also, if you look very carefully at the preview, for a split second your can see white lights (angels) flying to earth.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

did you notice the "heresy" of that fallen angel banging the flaming sword into the earth, and sending a shockwave towards the men?  i bet this movie will twist the Biblical story and suggest that fallen angels try to "help" Noah.

Also, if you look very carefully at the preview, for a split second your can see white lights (angels) flying to earth.

Yes, no doubt they've changed the story. In fact, I saw a disclaimer on an ad for it, stating that it strives to stay true to the spirit of the story, but artistic license was taken. The fact that fallen angels are in the story at all is not biblical-- sadly that's a misconception drawn from a misinterpretation of Gen. 6:4. I do not expect the story to be 100% biblically accurate (I don't think I've seen a movie that is), but I am curious to see whether it has any facets of truth to it, which is why I'll withhold further judgment until I see it. :)