• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

The last time you explained it, you told me it came from your head.  If it's mimmicking Dembski, you should specify (no pun intended) "Specified Complexity".   

===========================================================================

Yes it did, when I was very young.  I'm not mimicking anybody LOL.

Is it possible that other/different people, Having MINDS and Living in the Same Universe, can have similar thoughts about their surroundings?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

"A devout Lutheran, Kepler was studying theology and planning to become a minister when he was called to teach mathematics in Graz, Austria. Kepler realized he could glorify God through his mathematical and astronomical studies, and his scientific notes were often mixed with prayers and praise to his Lord.

I'm fairly certain he could present his math and science accurately while excluding the prayers.  If not, that is very significant.

Edited by jerryR34

The last time you explained it, you told me it came from your head.  If it's mimmicking Dembski, you should specify (no pun intended) "Specified Complexity".   

===========================================================================

Yes it did, when I was very young.  I'm not mimicking anybody LOL.

Is it possible that other/different people, Having MINDS and Living in the Same Universe, can have similar thoughts about their surroundings?

Absolutley, calculus and evolution are two prominent examples.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

Absolutley, calculus and evolution are two prominent examples.

Good we have an Understanding.

So I don't get rebuked again for taking over "Alpha's Thread", can we stop here?  Or do you want me to get into more trouble?  :P

I'm ok.  From my point of view we've had a pretty good dialogue.  Hope you have a good evening.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

I'm not speaking for everyone, but I am not interested in having  my threads derailed anymore by off topic things. I'm also not interested in you advertising your threads in mine so much.

If you agree with what I said, and it seems like you do given your agreement to my questions, I have no idea why you'd import this other stuff here.

====================================================================

but I am not interested in having  my threads derailed anymore by off topic things

"Your" Threads??  I didn't know you owned them.  This is a Forum, No?

Also....every single thread that I ever started or witnessed "Strayed" from the OP.....this is quite self-evident.

I have no idea why you'd import this other stuff here.

"Other stuff"?  Please be Specific and I will attempt to provide a rationale

They stray, but it is nice if they are at least tangentially related to the OP. Talking about the nebular hypothesis, or which stuff Tesla was mistaken about, isn't related. I wouldn't be so uptight except that I'm a little sick of the way these threads have been going lately. I started this to discuss, at least loosely, design in the world and how that is discoverable through scientific inquiry. I didn't even think much 'believer vs believer' debate could be had over what I said in the OP. Perhaps that is boring but it was also by design (pun intended).

A dialog about design with jerry? makes sense. Taking issue with my OP because you think that researchers go overboard with mathematical models? misses the point entirely.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

"A devout Lutheran, Kepler was studying theology and planning to become a minister when he was called to teach mathematics in Graz, Austria. Kepler realized he could glorify God through his mathematical and astronomical studies, and his scientific notes were often mixed with prayers and praise to his Lord.

I'm fairly certain he could present his math and science accurately while excluding the prayers.  If not, that is very significant.

IMO, for Kepler, math and astronomy were God-given tools to reverse-engineer creation. Perhaps his prayers were thanksgivings for the two tools that enabled Kepler to "think God's thoughts after Him".

IMO, for Kepler, math and astronomy were God-given tools to reverse-engineer creation. Perhaps his prayers were thanksgivings for the two tools that enabled Kepler to "think God's thoughts after Him".

you are kind of skirting it though...God would not be in any of his math or theories.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

you are kind of skirting it though...God would not be in any of his math or theories.

For Kepler, mathematical theory, like his prayers, were divinely in-spired.

:thumbsup:

Gratitude

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17

And Love

In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah. Psalms 62:7-8

Now That Is Significant

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Galatians 4:6

To Those Who Have Been Given Eyes To See

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, Luke 4:18

You See?

Yet the LORD hath not given you an heart to perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear, unto this day. Deuteronomy 29:4

~

Believe

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? John 11:25-26

And Be Blessed Beloved

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 8:15

Love, Joe