IGNORED

What does love your neighbor as yourself mean to you?

Hall7

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

Yes Kwik, love in Christ...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Do I love myself? The answer is no. You see Jesus was talking to unbelievers. Not to a Christian. He was addressing the problem they had with the law of Moses, Old Testament. That your love for God is never complete except you love your neighbor. But in the New Testament, you are dead and Christ lives in you by His spirit. So I don't love but I carry love. Every part of my makeup is love, I just simply radiate it. It is so easy for love to glow through me. Bcos the one that gives love is living in my inside. I will advice us to stick to the New Testament. Why we find difficulty in scriptures is simply bcos we are trying to do a new thing from a covenant that carries curses. Stay in the covenant of blessing and remain blest.

I will advice us to stick to the New Testament.

Why we find difficulty in scriptures is simply because we are trying to do a new thing from a covenant that carries curses.

Stay in the covenant of blessing and remain blessed.

~

The Covenant Of The Blessings And Of The Curse

Now the Lord saidto Abram, “Go from your countryand your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you.

And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing.

I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”Genesis 12:1-3 (ESV)

Shall Never

The sum of Your word is truth, And every one of Your righteous ordinances is everlasting. Shin. Psalms 119:160 (NASB)

Never

When your days are fulfilled and you lie down with your fathers, I will raise up your offspring after you, who shall come from your body, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build a house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. I will be to him a father, and he shall be to me a son. When he commits iniquity, I will discipline him with the rod of men, with the stripes of the sons of men, but my steadfast love will not depart from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away from before you. And your house and your kingdom shall be made sure forever before me. Your throne shall be established forever.’” In accordance with all these words, and in accordance with all this vision, Nathan spoke to David. 2 Samuel 7:12-17 (ESV)

Cease

Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written, "The Deliverer will come from Zion, he will banish ungodliness from Jacob”; “and this will be my covenant with them when I take away their sins.”

As regards the gospel, they are enemies for your sake. But as regards election, they are beloved for the sake of their forefathers.

For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. Romans 11:25-28 (ESV)

See?

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem! “May they be secure who love you! Psalms 122:6 (ESV)

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Are you saying that the old covenant still stands?

Are you saying that the old covenant still stands?

~

Oh My Yes Beloved; Some Of The Oldest Covenants ("To Cut")

Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee: And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. Genesis 12:1-3

Are Everlasting And Will Never Never Be Rescinded

And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces.

In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates: The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites, And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims, And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites. Genesis 15:17-21

And We Can Watch Them Being Fulfilled In The Second Testament

She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins." Matthew 1:21 (NIV)

For It Is All About The LORD Jesus

“In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed. Daniel 7:13-14 (NIV)

And His Israel

The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel. Joel 3:16

~

PS: The Whole Bible Is

Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made. Genesis 2:1-3

The Testament Of Yeshua

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

The Testimony

For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day. Matthew 12:8

Of Jesus The Messiah

Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, Psalms 40:7

Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. Hebrews 10:7

~

And Dear One There Are Five Covenants To Study

And God spake unto Noah, and to his sons with him, saying, And I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you; And with every living creature that is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with you; from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth.

And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.

And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.

And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud: And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.

And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.

And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth. Genesis 9:8-17

With Some Still Left

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. Jeremiah 31:31-33

To Watch

And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. Romans 11:26-27

And To Pray For

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee. Psalms 122:6

~

Trust

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

And Trust

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

And Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings johz

God Bless you & Glory to God....the reason people have difficulty with the Holy Scriptures is not because of any other reason but not seeking God & the Wisdom,Understanding  & Power  of the Holy Spirit to  reveal Gods Timeless Truth and Himself to them,they are just "reading" & leaning on their own understanding................The Lord most certainly was addressing His followers,Christians as well as the jews when He tells us to love thy neighbor in both the Gospels of Matthew & Mark....& then Paul addresses the church at Corinth with the same message that no matter what we do,what good is it if we have not"love".......God IS LOVE

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

Yes, Donibm put it plain and simple.   And we should do all those thing without thinking.   Not letting the left hand know what the right hand is doing.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I'll pray for you Hall7.  I didnt like myself much for a long time.  There is NO condemnation in Christ Jesus mind you.  I found my relationship with myself changed when I forgave my childhood offender.  In that, the condemnation that the evil one would throw at me I'd rebuke and say GET behind me satan in Jesus name.  Please I want you to do two things.  1.  first thing every morning pray & wash your spirit with even just one passage wherever the Lord leads you.   2.  Pray to be able to forgive those who offended you and MOST IMPORTANTLY yourself.  Its easy to receive Gods forgiveness & harder to forgive oneself.

It was a stumbling block for me, focusing on my sin I had no consideration of my neighbor.  When I stopped focusing on my sin and started praying to know Gods will, suddenly loving my neighbour became easy.  Plus God always has a plan.  In our loving of them even the ones in addiction. they see the love. 

I've never spoken to you before so know nothing about you or your situation.  I have the sense though that forgiveness is at the root of your self image problem.  Once you forgive you then you can step out in prayerful servitude.  Bless your heart!

Please let me know if what I sense is correct :) nice to meet you, you are going to be just fine!

Thank you for your kind words Imoss. I've forgiven everyone and do what you said just about every morning. I think the main issue is that I don't feel comfortable when around people and hate myself for it, I just don't know how to relate to people in person or know what to talk about and that makes me not like myself. I don't know, it feels like the world is out to get me all the time because I'm not of this world. I don't hate them, rather I see in everyone's heart and spirit and what I see is scary and don't want any part of it so I withdraw from the world. But at the same time I feel and care for people and would give my shirt away if I had to. I don't like myself because I don't fit in this world, that's why I'm wondering about what that passage means in the Bible.

You are a rare sensitive,too aware, soul . I went through a long phase when I found it hard to be on the earth,seeing through people,and being critical of them for being unaware,living ordinary unconcious lives,but I realised that we are all ordinary except when we are children of God .Then we come alive and we don't have to try to love ,our very simple kindnesses make the day a better one for those around us.

Trying too hard ,caring about 'good' impressions are all false values,brought about by a supeficial society,and I feel the U.S. is a bit more worldly success driven than here in Europe,a bit unreal,extreme.

However to answer the question,which you have already answered in saying that you would give the shirt of your back,I would say that you would be, and are a good neighbour.That is your answer .

You don't have to do more.

• 2 years later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 3/8/2014 at 11:14 PM, Hall7 said:

See, the thing is that I don't like myself much but have a tremendous heart to help others, do I love them or do I have a good heart? I'm not sure, how can I love them when I don't love myself? So what does this passage mean to you?  "Love your neighbor as yourself"

For us we answer this, it’s necessary to know the true righteousness of the Eternal:

"Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;" (Romans 3:25).

"Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life." (Romans 5:18)

"For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: that the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." (Rom. 8.3,4).

Note that it is not for us to fulfill the righteousness of the law, but to let it be fulfilled in us by the Spirit of Jesus working in us. Jesus is the perfect justice of the Eternal. And who is Jesus? He who gave His life for the sins of others, leaving us an example to be followed (1Peter 2:21-24).

We are here to let Jesus use the ones He has given us so that, together, His Favor can be established in our and them hearts.

The work of the Eternal is to believe that Christ justifies the wicked:

"Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent." (John 6: 28,29).

"But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin."(Romans 4:5-8).

That is to say, we need to believe that Jesus will justify the sinners he has placed in our lives through us, as well as believe that our sins will be covered by Jesus through their lives by firming together with us His word in us (see Rev 19.8). We should not separate ourselves from those who sin in order to be free from evil (see Isa 65.5). In fact, it is this type of individual, as we have seen, that acts are as a consuming fire in the midst of an immense forest (James 3:6).

Instead, we must let the love of Christ keep us connected to His body, without ever separating from it. The important thing is not how much we have gained or done, but to remain in His goodness for those whom He has given us (John 15:9; Romans 11.22), without leaving them behind. We can’t grow without them (Ephesians 4:15, 16). This is justice.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

Then the question comes, what is self love? And what is to love us and others like God does?

A sensitive soul sees all the distortions and sin, the layers of it, layers of evils influence in thinking, actions and feelings. Sense it more. That makes it easy to feel theyre all fake! But no theyre not they are stuck in sin or opression if not downright possessed. The evils influence in the thoughts, especially. Many times habit, just conditioning.  And there stand you. As a light. A beacon. Shine. Try get through, a little light. They need God more than ever.  I was like you. Then I realised this. I might never like or want to escape the conditionings. But I also see them crying inside. I recall tabitha, the woman in the bible that was alone but still cared about others. She made clothing to everyone and they all loved her. All her loneliness and awkwardness were helped by putting others first.