IGNORED

Did Abraham worship Idols ?

Bible_Gazer

I just found it.

I thought I read it somewhere.

Joshua 24:2-3

2 And Joshua said unto all the people, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel,

Your fathers dwelt on the other side of the flood in old time,

even Terah, the father of Abraham, and the father of Nachor: and they served other gods.

3 And I took your father Abraham from the other side of the flood,

and led him throughout all the land of Canaan, and multiplied his seed, and gave him Isaac.

It doesn't say that Abraham worshipped idols or "other gods" though. You would have to make an assumption about something that GOD didn't comment on, which you would think would be the case since GOD did single out the people around him; if in fact Abraham did worship idols.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Chuck Missler, an good expository Bible teacher, said he used to goad his Jewish friends reminding them that the first Jew (according to their tradition) was until his calling a pagan worshiping gentile.

Abraham is our father in the faith (the father of faith) and is a pillar in the faith despite his non-Jewish origins.

Never fall into the thinking that God did not have intentions for the Gentiles all along.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

No, Abraham did not worship idols.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

According to some Jewish tradition it was Abraham's father who made idols and Abraham when he was young and his father out of the shop took a stick and broke the idols and put the stick into the arms of the large idol and when the father came back he was outraged and asked Abraham what happened. Abraham told him that the large idol did it. So., no Abraham did not worship idols made of stone or silver or any other material.

Guest Butero

I don't believe Abraham ever worshipped idols.  I believe he knew the true God from his youth.  Unless there is scripture that actually says Abraham worshipped idols, I have no reason to believe he did.  It doesn't make sense to say someone is guilty of something with no evidence, and then feel the need to prove they are innocent.  Unless someone has scriptural proof Abraham worshipped idols, I can't even take this serious. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

very few have an interest in it because it was not included in the Bible

Not to mention because it was written by Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism.

ok I got rid of the book of abraham. I dont want any of those writings thank for the info. How ever I made a mistake in my other post I said it (atricle) was from book of abraham and it was not ( the article) is from book of Jasher. chap 8. Sorry for confusing the post.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

God does not reveal Himself in idolatry. God's word cannot change. God walks with them that their hearts is stayed on Him. Scriptures cannot be broken. Have you ever asked, why the children of Moses was only mentioned very few times and not concerning the promise land? A people that choose to serve other gods, God destroys. Noah, Enoch, Abraham, all had a background of transgressors but they choose to be different in the world they found themselves, knowing that for every visible good thing, there must be a better invisiblity. Though most of them had even battled their past before God called them. If you are not ready to let your past go then your past will eat up into your future. They let go, and God lead them in.