• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

So, according to your example above, Mercury (57.9m miles from the sun) should be warmer than Venus (67.2m miles from the sun).  Well it's not.  Care to guess why?  Maybe distance from the source of energy is not the only factor for heat?  You have a fundamental misunderstanding of the second law.  The corona being hotter than the photosphere in NO WAY violates the second law anymore than Venus being hotter than Mercury does (or do you dispute that Venus is hotter than Mercury).   Hopefully you can see that distance isn't the only factor in heat (temperature).

=================================================================

Jerry,

Go back and Re-read the OP slowly.  You're Mercury/Venus spiel is a Strawman.  You're getting confused between the evidences......Heat and Speed of Particles.

Really?  Are you are saying that Venus is hotter than Mercury due to particle speed?  That would presume particles pick up energy the further the get from the sun?  You are making no sense. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

I never posted that the corona was hotter than the source (nor does any scientist believe that).  I posted that it is hotter than the photosphere (which is closer to the source than the corona).

===================================================================

I never posted that the corona was hotter than the source (nor does any scientist believe that).

What "scientists" believe is absolutely irrelevant.  An equal statement with the same verifiability would be that scientists believe 3 toed gnomes are building a campfire in the SUN'S Core.

I posted that it is hotter than the photosphere (which is closer to the source than the corona).

What's Hotter than the PhotoSphere?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  223
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

=============================================================================================

I should have posted in a different thread.

Try the Generalization Thread

Nah. I should have posted in nebula's creation theory thread. Too bad it's closed now. :(

I never posted that the corona was hotter than the source (nor does any scientist believe that).  I posted that it is hotter than the photosphere (which is closer to the source than the corona).

I never posted that the corona was hotter than the source (nor does any scientist believe that).

What "scientists" believe is absolutely irrelevant.  An equal statement with the same verifiability would be that scientists believe 3 toed gnomes are building a campfire in the SUN'S Core.

I posted that it is hotter than the photosphere (which is closer to the source than the corona).

The corona.

So, how would you characterize your OP?  Is that what you believe about the sun or the standard model? 

Edited by jerryR34

Really?  Are you are saying that Venus is hotter than Mercury due to particle speed?  That would presume particles pick up energy the further the get from the sun?  You are making no sense. 

Not really...... because I'm not saying that.  The Heat Issue and Particle Speeds are 2 Separate Issues.

And Yes, Those particles do pick up Speed the Further away they get from the SUN (See Graph in the OP and Below) which put's Your and They're "Theory" of a Thermo-Nuclear Reaction into the Trash Bin of Fables

SunSolarWindSpeeds_zpscf8b45a9.jpg

In the Above Bar Graph, the bars to the left show the speed of Ionized Particles (Hydrogen and Oxygen) beginning on the Surface of the Sun, then----->Mercury------->Venus---->Earth.  How In The World are they SPEEDING UP??  It's tantamount to throwing a baseball 90 mph then the ball continually speeds up the farther away it gets.  Please don't say Gravity LOL

Lets stick with the Heat Issue before we move to the Particle Issue to lessen confusion

The corona.

========================================================

Good and Very True.  My argument is....That if it's a Thermo-Nuclear Reaction Driving the SUN'S Engine (as we are Told) then......this is the Exact OPPOSITE than what WE would EXPECT..... and tells us there is some other process going on.

PLASMA

Nah. I should have posted in nebula's creation theory thread. Too bad it's closed now. :(

Ahhh Yes, it's "Tragic" and "Tragedy"

Please go through a couple threads and find my "Last Port In the Storm" Scenario for a full and detailed explanation/translation.

And, I was reading through your posts....I think we were mis-communicating.  What would you like me to explain regarding the Nebular Hypothesis?

So, how would you characterize your OP?  Is that what you believe about the sun or the standard model? 

I'm saying that the Standard Model  is HogWash.  The Plasma Model is the only Game.

Now if that's True, then.............................................Most of Cosmology and the current research and Theories Thereof is HOGWASH!!

And Most Specifically:  that the All Precious GRAVITY(The answer for everything) /Gravity Waves (predicted in 1916...and which we have never found after spending Billions of Dollars looking for) is a fairytale.

**Special Note**  Plasma-------------------------------> ElectroMagnetic

Gravity-------------------------------> Gravity

Strength:

If Gravity = 1

ElectroMagnetic = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.  36 Orders of Magnitude GREATER ** In both Directions (Attraction/Repel)

See where I'm headed with this?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  223
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

And, I was reading through your posts....I think we were mis-communicating.  What would you like me to explain regarding the Nebular Hypothesis?

Definitely miscommunicating! Glad we can agree on something. lol ;)

Okay. Can you explain how the Nebular Hypothesis contradicts with my speculation of Genesis on page 1 of this thread? I did read through your other (Nebular) thread and I think I got the gist of it. You brought it up when contradicting my post, and I was just hoping for some clarification. It's not a huge deal, though.

I realize that I did sort of go off on a weird and imaginative tangent, and I'm sorry for going OT, but that's how my brain works. lol