Guest DRS81

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

unfortunately some people just don't want to work.

I'm out of work now OO and I'm struggling. I have now had to go on benefits. I've had well-paid jobs for years but was hit by redundancy and recession. I keep trying to get jobs but I'm not succeeding.

I don't feel guilty about being on benefits. I paid tax into the system for years, so I see benefits as my insurance in a way, but benefit payments are poverty-line and I'm really struggling. However, I do feel bad about it. I would rather work. I hate having no money. I'm not interested in being rich, but money is useful. Money gave me the laptop that I am now typing on, but if it broke I couldn't afford another.

that happens sometimes. have you tried going to a good employment agency. most really good jobs you can't get on your own.

Many, many times. They are not interested. They will phone you up and ask you to come in for an interview. After the interview (not before) they will tell you that there are no jobs at the moment, but the interview was a test to see if you are suitable or not.

This has happened too many times, now.

are you talking about an agency or an individual company. Have they suggested any training to make you more sellable.... if not they are not doing their jobs.

Oak is in the UK and things work a little differently here,   :whistling:    

errr,,,, they don't always work ,,, (forgive the pun) ,,,,try going to the Job centre plus  and see what they offer you.   :taped:

After forty and coming up to fifty you have big , big problems. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

do you mean that there are no companies that find jobs for people.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

do you mean that there are no companies that find jobs for people.

To be honest most of the agencies are looking for immigrants for short time contracts if the contract even exists.

There is a work in progress  scheme run through Job centre plus and that is failing miserably. 

(very complicated to explain in a few words) 

The job finding situation in the UK for a certain age group is a mine field. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17363798

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I find employment agencies to be quite useless, a statement echoed by a number of people that I know. Never have I had help from even one.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

remarkable.

Yes, it is remarkable but incredibly frustrating.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone...

Praise the Lord,my dad always said that you better like what you do for a living because most of your time awake is spent working.......I don't see what that has to do with your social security checks because as long as you have worked steadily & paid into it then it is counted towards what you will receive no matter how many different jobs you have had?

Here in the States,employment agencies really do a fantastic job & placing people & keeping them steadily employed & as other one has noted,this does greatly depend on your skills & if they do not promote different training programs to widen that range & your versatility then they are not doing their job.......I am surprised that the UK does not offer these services?

Praying for you Oak!                                                                   With love -in Christ,Kwik

Blessings Everyone...

Praise the Lord,my dad always said that you better like what you do for a living because most of your time awake is spent working.......I don't see what that has to do with your social security checks because as long as you have worked steadily & paid into it then it is counted towards what you will receive no matter how many different jobs you have had?

Here in the States,employment agencies really do a fantastic job & placing people & keeping them steadily employed & as other one has noted,this does greatly depend on your skills & if they do not promote different training programs to widen that range & your versatility then they are not doing their job.......I am surprised that the UK does not offer these services?

Praying for you Oak!                                                                   With love -in Christ,Kwik

It's not that the UK doesn't offer these services, it's just that employment agencies are not what they used to be. Times have changed and agencies are no longer interested. In fact, they don't provide a service at all, they just act as middlemen and take their cut. They truly are appalling. They just employ cheap labour in large projects and if your face doesn't fit or you are too old, they don't seem to care. It's just part of the decline in society's values.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Oak....

Oh,I see......well that truly is awful........it is hard to understand though because that is how they get paid also,by placing people........You know,it is very true what other one said,so many people just do not want to work.......I guess most agencies probably employ their own staff with hourly workers tat just want to collect their paychecks at the weeks end & are not very motivated........I guess most agencies are not mom & pop owned(vested interests) & these big companies just don't seem to care

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Blessings Oak....

Oh,I see......well that truly is awful........it is hard to understand though because that is how they get paid also,by placing people........You know,it is very true what other one said,so many people just do not want to work.......I guess most agencies probably employ their own staff with hourly workers tat just want to collect their paychecks at the weeks end & are not very motivated........I guess most agencies are not mom & pop owned(vested interests) & these big companies just don't seem to care

With love-in Christ,Kwik

I'm conservative in my views and believe that people should work and not scrounge benefits, but I've met a number of unemployed people recently and they are not as lazy as I thought. Excessive bureaucracy and stupid positive discrimination laws (affirmative action) make it difficult to get a job unless you belong to some sort of minority group. I've noticed also that you are excessively hounded when claiming benefits and you have to prove every job that you have applied for, but immigrants for some reason get a free pass. I've actually seen this for real and I was told in utmost confidence by a jobcentre member of staff that official policy is now to give immigrants special priority when it comes to benefits which is alarming when you consider that these people haven't paid a penny into the system.

I know that I'm sounding bitter but where is the fairness or economic logic in this? I believe that we are declining and there is corruption within.