• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/malaysia-recruits-witch-doctors-find-missing-passenger-jet-article-1.1720770

Malaysian officials, already struggling with their public images after a jetliner with 239 people on board went missing, have been further embarrassed after a team of witch doctors performed rituals at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport to find the missing Boeing 777.

"Can't you see how stupid we look in the eyes of the world?" Datuk Seri Anwar, the country's opposition leader, asked parliament on Thursday, according to the Malay Mail.

"All the contradicting statements, our slow response. Our credibility and image have been shattered, destroyed," Anwar said.

Ibrahim Mat Zin, also known as the Raja Bomoh Sedunia Nujum VIP, led a spectacle of sorts on Monday when he performed bomoh, or shaman, rituals at the international airport, in full view of dozens of reporters from around the world who've descended on the Malaysian capital since the plane disappeared Saturday on its way to Beijing.

• Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

"I think the plane is still in the air or has crashed into the sea," Zin was quoted in Free Malaysia Today.

Well, that narrows it down.

"I think the plane is still in the air or has crashed into the sea," Zin was quoted in Free Malaysia Today.

Well, that narrows it down.

It would have to have a miraculously enormous fuel capacity to still be in the air. :sherlock:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Those witch doctors make malaysia look no sillier than the us does when we have psychics who make claims about a disaster or where survivors are. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

I have heard of law enforcment using psychics to try and solve a crime.After all you are talking about this world.Do I need to say more?

I have heard of law enforcment using psychics to try and solve a crime.After all you are talking about this world.Do I need to say more?

There's a difference though.

In Western societies, Christians can shun psychic activity and they should never get involved with it. Because we live in a free society, psychics are an alternative that some people use.

Malaysia is a Muslim society and Islam has great belief in jinns, spirits and other demons. Most Muslims believe in the power of witchcraft as they are very superstitious.

Muslims not only believe in a false god, they also believe in the power of the occult even though Islam expressly forbids it.

• Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

Those witch doctors make malaysia look no sillier than the us does when we have psychics who make claims about a disaster or where survivors are.

I'm not so sure we can top this:

"Using bamboo as 'binoculars' and smacking the ground, Zin and others performed rituals that included a flying carpet and a magic boat ..."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/malaysia-recruits-witch-doctors-find-missing-passenger-jet-article-1.1720770#ixzz2vyl7SlJ8

The above almost makes a Western séance look sane by comparison.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

There's a difference though.

In Western societies, Christians can shun psychic activity and they should never get involved with it. Because we live in a free society, psychics are an alternative that some people use.

Malaysia is a Muslim society and Islam has great belief in jinns, spirits and other demons. Most Muslims believe in the power of witchcraft as they are very superstitious.

Muslims not only believe in a false god, they also believe in the power of the occult even though Islam expressly forbids it.

That makes sense.  :unsure:

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,164
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I just hope the devil doesn't tell them where the plane is... that might be difficult to explain to the grandkids.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

I'm not so sure we can top this:

"Using bamboo as 'binoculars' and smacking the ground, Zin and others performed rituals that included a flying carpet and a magic boat ..."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/malaysia-recruits-witch-doctors-find-missing-passenger-jet-article-1.1720770#ixzz2vyl7SlJ8

The above almost makes a Western séance look sane by comparison.

Oh I think we can come close to that. When air florida flight 90 crashed in the potomac many years ago, it came out that hopi indian elders, upset at a kachina mask (a sacred object to them) in some way connected to that flight or to washington, made a big deal about how the kachinas brought down the plane or it was cursed by the mask and brought down. This was in 1982 and my memory is a bit fuzzy. Knowing the hopi and having been up on their rez, I remember when this happened. Trying to find news from that long ago is hard tho lol. It made national news at the time.