• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Blessings Old School....

I don't think so,that as far as "they "were concerned the whole earth as flooded.......the Scriptures are Gods Word,not by any interpretation of men(they were merely Gods "pen')So if the Lord says....the earth was flooded,then the earth was flooded......IMO     God Bless you

With love-in Christ,Kwik

God says the sun moves and the earth stands fast.  Are you a geocentric?  Can you point to a single verse that speaks of the earth moving around the Sun?  

You are assuming a theory about "inspiration"; you read "inspired" and then impose YOUR definition of "inspiration" upon the Bible.  We see the same thing occurring among the youth when they are told Christ is "perfect"--from their perspective this means that "Christ was the best basketball player, or aced algebra, or could play the flute flawlessly).  

There is much debate among good pious Christians as to what it means to be inspired.  Your quote from 2 Peter is about the "impulse" behind the Bible, not the mode by which it is communicated (i.e. poetry, narrative, allegory, metaphor, myth, fable etc.).  Peter is saying that Scripture is not based on the whims of men.  It says nothing about how we are to determine the genre of their message.  They were "carried along by the Holy Spirit".  This does not imply "dictation".  The verse of 2 Peter poses Man vs. God.  It does not settle the question of whether God used various genres or whether God utilized the particular experience of each other.

clb

clb

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2

So then ancient depictions of aliens would be evidence of visitors from outer space? :confused:

You actually thought this through before posting?

Yes I did, it all harkens back to that silly consistency thing.  I am driven to distraction by people that are not consistent.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

^ you just completely dismiss the evidence he shared?  I tried to post photos but it wouldn't let me.  There are THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of such evidence.  But it's ignored and even in a lot of cases covered up by science.  They've even gone out of their way to destroy evidence on cave walls and hide the bones of giants while promoting their theory of evolution with hardly any supporting evidence.  You'll see this created image of what Neanderthal might've looked like from their imagination, but hide the bones of giants and try their best to discredit anything and everything that supports a young earth. 

And what motive do they have to do that?  Money.  The moment anyone even mentions intelligent design, they are ridiculed and instantly lose all credibility in the scientific community.  They will most likely lose their jobs.  So they have a reason to keep up with their lies and remove all evidence of Creation. 

What reason would they have to do that??

To undermine Scripture?  But it doesn't work.  Nothing they publish or hide undermines Scripture at all.  People may leave the faith because a literal reading of Genesis has been challenged; but an equal number  (if not more) enter it when told that Genesis doesn't require them to be 6dayers.  This would be "selling out" if the chief doctrines were also compromised.  Yet they still accept the fundamental doctrines: Scripture is God-breathed, Creation ex-nihilo; Fallen Man; Salvation by Christ alone; monotheism yet Trinitarian!

We are protecting an interpretation of SCripture that is both 1) Not right and 2) Not necessary for evangelism.

clb

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  02/27/1984

You have to imagine the men who are divinely inspired to write what they wrote.  Like John trying to describe what he saw in Revelation.  Describing massive locusts with a stinger like a a scorpion, etc, could've been black hawk helicopters for all we know.  Like when modern day scientists mock the bible because rabbits don't eat their cud or whatever...all that classification didn't come until recent times.  They wrote what they saw and experienced with the help of God, but didn't always know the best ways of describing it. 

The bible reveals a lot of things that we didn't know until modern times.  Do you think you would do any better if given divine inspiration to reveal something supernatural? 

And why would dinosaurs be special in a time when they were the norm.  Or maybe they weren't the norm in that specific area.  They were seen by man and drawn on cave walls along with deer and other things.  They were sculpted and etched onto burial stones.  They've found footsteps of man and dinos side-by-side in the same layer.  It's all there and covered up to keep this lie of evolution going.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  02/27/1984

How is it not right?  It's the literal interpretation of the word that is backed up by Jesus Himself!  He speaks of the flood as a real thing.  His genealogy goes all the way back to Adam!  The 7-day creation event is held up throughout the entire bible.  You only challenge it now because atheistic scientists with an agenda to disprove God and keep getting their funding to support an ideal that ruins people's faith. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

So then ancient depictions of aliens would be evidence of visitors from outer space? :confused:

ever hear of Nephilim? where do you think fallen angels came from?

yes we have been visited by visitors from outer space.. and they corrupted the genetic make up of mankind so God wipped it all clean. Noah was still pure human so God kept him and some of the pure animals.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  223
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

How is it not right?  It's the literal interpretation of the word that is backed up by Jesus Himself!  He speaks of the flood as a real thing.  His genealogy goes all the way back to Adam!  The 7-day creation event is held up throughout the entire bible.  You only challenge it now because atheistic scientists with an agenda to disprove God and keep getting their funding to support an ideal that ruins people's faith.

I think the main things in question in this part of the forum is what happened before Adam. Adam is a real person. The flood really happened (whether global or local). God created everything from nothing.

What we're discussing here is the minor details. A literal seven day creation is not really necessary in the Christian faith, IMHO. A young cosmos is also not necessary. Is it possible? Of course. An old universe is also possible (and doesn't contradict Genesis, despite what some here say). Another possibility is that we're all inside something like the Matrix and God just booted up the program. Bam! Instant universe. And Jesus is The One! (I really like this theory, actually :laugh:)

I think the only one here who wishes to disprove the bible is Jerry (although I could be wrong).

yes we have been visited by visitors from outer space.. and they corrupted the genetic make up of mankind so God wipped it all clean. Noah was still pure human so God kept him and some of the pure animals.

I've heard this theory before. You've seen Chuck Missler's alien videos?

The thing that I find interesting with this theory is how much aliens have been integrated into our culture. It was laughable decades ago, but more and more people are accepting the possibility of extraterrestrial life. So many people really wish that aliens would visit and impart their wisdom or make their lives more interesting or take them away in their time-traveling phone box ( ;) ). It is still mostly "conspiracy theory", but that seems to be changing quickly.

If this is the "great deception" and a wise alien (nephilim or fallen angel) suddenly showed up with great knowledge and superpowers, how many people on the planet right now would follow him?

Wow, this was way OT. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,178
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I think the main things in question in this part of the forum is what happened before Adam. Adam is a real person. The flood really happened (whether global or local). God created everything from nothing.

What we're discussing here is the minor details. A literal seven day creation is not really necessary in the Christian faith, IMHO. A young cosmos is also not necessary. Is it possible? Of course. An old universe is also possible (and doesn't contradict Genesis, despite what some here say). Another possibility is that we're all inside something like the Matrix and God just booted up the program. Bam! Instant universe. And Jesus is The One! (I really like this theory, actually :laugh:)

I think the only one here who wishes to disprove the bible is Jerry (although I could be wrong).

I've heard this theory before. You've seen Chuck Missler's alien videos?

The thing that I find interesting with this theory is how much aliens have been integrated into our culture. It was laughable decades ago, but more and more people are accepting the possibility of extraterrestrial life. So many people really wish that aliens would visit and impart their wisdom or make their lives more interesting or take them away in their time-traveling phone box ( ;) ). It is still mostly "conspiracy theory", but that seems to be changing quickly.

If this is the "great deception" and a wise alien (nephilim or fallen angel) suddenly showed up with great knowledge and superpowers, how many people on the planet right now would follow him?

Wow, this was way OT. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

will it be lassie :happyhappy:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

ancient50_zpsb5ff6a66.jpg   ancient48_zpsb73eba39.jpg   acambaro-dino-hi-res-252x300_zps61b77c8b  Gryposaurus-and-Dogon-Bronze_zps12f6b849Ica-Stone-Hunting-Dinos-Cleaned-Up1_zpsaCambodia-Dinosaur-Closeup-300x286_zps9a4

What....They just guessed??

They've got thousands of these.  Here's a Ton:  http://www.genesispark.com/exhibits/evidence/historical/ancient/dinosaur/

I'm starting to worry about you Connor.

Hahaha.

Good call.  No, that was an inadvertence.  I admit (and you can take advantage of this) that I am having difficulty at what I call "playing the game".  I don't read Genesis 1-12 like you and others do.  But in order to challenge you I have to assume that view point (in argument it's called "beating them on their own terrain"). It's rather difficult, but very good mental exercise.  So I am juggling a bit and sometimes drop the ball.  All the other points however stand.  Chiefly, that the author of Genesis knew about dinosaurs and that dinosaurs made it onto Noah's ark.  The question of whether historical men co-existed with historical dinosaurs I leave to science--and apparently (as shown above) they did.

clb

==================================================================

All the other points however stand.  Chiefly, that the author of Genesis knew about dinosaurs and that dinosaurs made it onto Noah's ark.

Well Yes, HE made them.   And yes, I'm absolutely sure...... with 100% Certitude, HE arranged for them to be on the Ark

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

You actually thought this through before posting?

Yes I did, it all harkens back to that silly consistency thing.  I am driven to distraction by people that are not consistent.

============================================================================

Do you see the Logic Flaw with this......"So then ancient depictions of aliens would be evidence of visitors from outer space?"......In comparison to the Dino with man Evidence?