• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

The U.S.A. has kept the internet free. If it is handed over to say, the UN, then say goodbye to freedom of speech ...

... and hello to blasphemy laws for any criticism of Islam and its "prophet" -- no matter how well deserved.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  405
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

the_patriot2014 - actually it may not be. That story, did indeed say the internet, was given to a world company. They try to say it wasn't Obama, that it was something that was invisioned from the start. Now, that part maybe true-that may have been something that was invisioned from before Obama, but it doesnt mean Obama didn't push for it, and it is still giving the internet away.

The added sanction was that no government should have control...and with that I agree.  I think it is often typical American arrogance that fosters such reaction...this says it all:

The function has been subcontracted since 1998 to the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, or Icann, an international nonprofit organization, with the expectation that the United States would eventually step back from its role.

I would seldom stand with fox news...so I think I will pass on their respondents exaggerated bashing of Obama...seems to be a delightful Christian attribute also.

• Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

The U.S.A. has kept the internet free. If it is handed over to say, the UN, then say goodbye to freedom of speech ...

... and hello to blasphemy laws for any criticism of Islam and its "prophet" -- no matter how well deserved.

Yes, that's right. Censorship of criticism of Islam is the one I fear the most.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

the_patriot2014 - actually it may not be. That story, did indeed say the internet, was given to a world company. They try to say it wasn't Obama, that it was something that was invisioned from the start. Now, that part maybe true-that may have been something that was invisioned from before Obama, but it doesnt mean Obama didn't push for it, and it is still giving the internet away.

The added sanction was that no government should have control...and with that I agree.  I think it is often typical American arrogance that fosters such reaction...this says it all:

The function has been subcontracted since 1998 to the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, or Icann, an international nonprofit organization, with the expectation that the United States would eventually step back from its role.

I would seldom stand with fox news...so I think I will pass on their respondents exaggerated bashing of Obama...seems to be a delightful Christian attribute also.

the problem is, its a lie-its saying no government should have control, but the thing is, someone has to have control. the US is a sovereign nation, I think it should remain in control of its internet no other power government or otherwise should have control of our internet. period.

Notice, I never said Fox news was perfect, I said they wernt afraid to speak their minds. yes they may exaggerate some of Obamas actions, however, I would rather deal with that then blindly ignoring and/or covering up Obama and his actions like CNN, CBS, ABC, well, the list goes on and on. Fox, while they do clearly have an agenda, at least understands what "free press is" in that they refuse to let obama dictate to them how to tell the news. Realistically though, its really hard to exaggerate anything about obama, and even if someone did, he makes it so easy to believe. He should have been thrown in jail eons ago for treason.

the_patriot2014 - He should have been thrown in jail eons ago for treason.

Well, that would be about the only thing this do-nothing house of reps could possibly move on.  However, what would the charges be?  On the other hand maybe the entire congress could be jailed for gross impotence, and then hopefully the tea party will go the way of the moral majority...yes, lot of good possibilities....

I do believe I just said what his charges would be. treason. perhaps if you would read the post. . .

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Yes, that's right. Censorship of criticism of Islam is the one I fear the most.
that is their primary push in the US right now. They have been pushing this im the UN for several yearsyt?

the_patriot2014 - I do believe I just said what his charges would be. treason. perhaps if you would read the post. .

Oh, President Obama should be jailed for treason because...because... you say so.  Now, I understand. It may surprise you to learn that typically it is required to have specific reasons, evidence for such charges...other then he is a democrat, you don't agree with him, he's black, you don't like his haircut, hannity never lies, fox news says so, etc. I've seen the contrived reasons from a number of right wing extremist sites so I presume that is your foundation...typically the foundation crumbles upon closer inspection.Oh, and I assume you were a big proponent of impeaching/jailing Bush and cheney for treason?

It should be quite obvious to rational minds that the vitriol spewed in politics has had a demonstrably deleterious effect on government, and American culture. There actually was a time when representatives, and the public, could converse and discuss politics in a civilized manner.  Amazingly things got done, and compromise in politics is not a dirty word. Of course with the insertion of tea party ideologues into the republican party compromise is defined as my way or no way.  When mcconnell can pronounce that the goal of the republican party is to make Obama a one term President...that pretty much sums up the anti-American attitude of current republican party...and they have held to that commitment. Both sides of the aisle hold to the priority of party first, self second, corporate interests third, and America a distant fourth.

The relinquishing of "control" of the internet as was provided in 1998 is the proper course of action. The path to plutocracy and corporatism that the US is steadily seeking makes the decision a quite reasonable one. The visage that America is rightfully the moral compass of this world has long since faded.

Edited by Tolken

You asked what the charges were. The charge is treason. You did not ask what treason he committed. Perhaps you should learn to ask the right question. I knew what your after but I also know your basically just looking for a fight.

But to answer the question you didn't ask, where do you want me to start? I mean its kind of a stupid question to anyone who actually has been following his actions. How about we start with operation fast and furious, Benghazi, his outright assault on the constitution, obamacare is iffy. And the list goes on...

• Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

You asked what the charges were. The charge is treason. You did not ask what treason he committed. Perhaps you should learn to ask the right question. I knew what your after but I also know your basically just looking for a fight.

But to answer the question you didn't ask, where do you want me to start? I mean its kind of a stupid question to anyone who actually has been following his actions. How about we start with operation fast and furious, Benghazi, his outright assault on the constitution, obamacare is iffy. And the list goes on...

IRS scandal, publicly divulging secrets of Obama Bin Laden assassination campaign,