• Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

It is entertainment.

Sadly we intake a lot of evil into our lives in the name of "entertainment."

Why do we place entertainment on such a high pedestal?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/13/1968

Hello Brother DRS8,1 

I have not felt drawn to that particular film (Noah) so I can't really comment fairly.......However, I loved the film Evan Almighty......To me it portrayed to me ( If God has a plan for your life to show JUSTICE, then there is no way out of it ) ... :grin: Not many films can make me laugh, that one certainly did...(clean humor I thought).... 

When you get the opportunity to view the film (Noah) maybe you could give us all some feed back...I am always open to watch a good film.... :grin:

Love & Blessings Sis Agape 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

It is entertainment.

Sadly we intake a lot of evil into our lives in the name of "entertainment."

Entertainment removes one from reality, placing them in a created environment they desired to be in, which is what it is designed to do and the reason why it makes so much money. 

• Followers:  10

Entertainment removes one from reality, placing them in a created environment they desired to be in, which is what it is designed to do and the reason why it makes so much money. 

Sure, but why do we Christians eat its garbage and consider it harmless?

Guest shiloh357

This one looks promising, not sure of its biblical stature however.

The movie is not biblical and it is not intended to be biblical.   It is a retelling of the story of Noah that leaves God out of the picture.  Noah has dreams of the earth's destruction and he builds an ark.  It portrays the flood as the result of man hurting the environment, not as the wrath of God against sin.  All of the redemptive aspects of the biblical account are removed, as well. 

I would not waste money to go see it. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I imagine we all do to some point, depending on your walk in Christ.  Take Star Trek as an example.  Though I really am against their "no God" theory, I enjoy imagining what it would be like to travel amongst the stars.  At the same time, I no longer watch many of the entertainment I used to.  We all like to use our imagination, to dream.  How one allows it to affect them is where the danger is.

Is it harmless?  It all depends on what you are speaking of, where your faith is, what you hold as truth and how strong that truth is in you.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

Hello Brother DRS8,1 

I have not felt drawn to that particular film (Noah) so I can't really comment fairly.......However, I loved the film Evan Almighty......To me it portrayed to me ( If God has a plan for your life to show JUSTICE, then there is no way out of it ) ... :grin: Not many films can make me laugh, that one certainly did...(clean humor I thought).... 

When you get the opportunity to view the film (Noah) maybe you could give us all some feed back...I am always open to watch a good film.... :grin:

Love & Blessings Sis Agape 

Evan almighty is second fav movie bruce almighty being the first. idk about everyone else but the movie noah and the son of God movie makes me think about God and read about it in the bible. i they just inspire me to know God more

• Followers:  10

I imagine we all do to some point, depending on your walk in Christ.  Take Star Trek as an example.  Though I really am against their "no God" theory, I enjoy imagining what it would be like to travel amongst the stars.  At the same time, I no longer watch many of the entertainment I used to.  We all like to use our imagination, to dream.  How one allows it to affect them is where the danger is.

Is it harmless?  It all depends on what you are speaking of, where your faith is, what you hold as truth and how strong that truth is in you.

I understand; I just I have a problem with the "it's just entertainment, and therefore it is OK" mentality.

Guest shiloh357

The danger of biblically based movies that pervert and distort the actual biblical account is that when people read the Bible, those movies often serve as a filter through which they read the Bible.  They end up interpreting the Bible through the movies instead of judging the movies by the Bible.

They don't lead people to turn to the Bible to seek God.  Rather, they cause people to evaluate the Bible's claims in light of the philosophy put forth in the movie.   When they read the account of the flood, they are not seeing Noah, they are seeing Russel Crowe's depiction of Noah.  They are not seeing the true reason for the flood or God's redeptive attributes in the flood account.   They also miss the significance of the covenant God made with Noah.  

For anyone to even pretend that this movie has any evangelistic value in the least, is patently absurd.   Same goes for the Son of God movie, as well.  Both of movies are theological trainwrecks, but unfortunately, many Christians are sucked naively into the lie that these portrayals don't have to be accurate in order to get the main message across.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

The danger of biblically based movies that pervert and distort the actual biblical account is that when people read the Bible, those movies often serve as a filter through which they read the Bible.  They end up interpreting the Bible through the movies instead of judging the movies by the Bible.

They don't lead people to turn to the Bible to seek God.  Rather, they cause people to evaluate the Bible's claims in light of the philosophy put forth in the movie.   When they read the account of the flood, they are not seeing Noah, they are seeing Russel Crowe's depiction of Noah.  They are not seeing the true reason for the flood or God's redeptive attributes in the flood account.   They also miss the significance of the covenant God made with Noah.  

For anyone to even pretend that this movie has any evangelistic value in the least, is patently absurd.   Same goes for the Son of God movie, as well.  Both of movies are theological trainwrecks, but unfortunately, many Christians are sucked naively into the lie that these portrayals don't have to be accurate in order to get the main message across.

do you mind speaking for yourself? you make these claims of how when ppl see this movie and then read the book they see russel crow not noah or they dont understand the reason for the flood and how ppl dont seek God and turn to the bible, so i am a liar then? who are you to say what moves others to God? you dont know their hearts. i saw the bible series of when Jesus began his ministries, true they left out a lot but after i saw it i craved to know Jesus much better and dove into the scriptures. what u just said was not facts but ur own opinion and frankly was pretty hurtful