joejkljkl

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

A few of you have been helping me minister to someone. I've taken your advice about getting this person saved, but now I need help in getting this person righteous (making this person more moral). What should I do?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Is it really your job to do?Is it a woman?Is there a particular reason you want that person to become more moral?Are they a Christian or thinking about becoming a Christian?If you are trying to tell this person how to live their life you might come off as being too controlling.I think you definately need to pray for that person.Only God can change the heart.When a person first becomes a Christian sometimes it takes them awhile to grow in Christ.At first they might be living their life as they did before they became a Christian and that means not changing their ways.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  24
  • Birthday:  10/15/1996

Just as you can't make a person get saved you also can't make a person be moral. Only God can do either.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Just as you can't make a person get saved you also can't make a person be moral. Only God can do either.

Amen Logan!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings joe

Joe,none are righteous,we cannot ever BE righteous nor can we make anyone else be,it is God's righteousness we live in.I really don't understand what you are trying to do with this person,it sounds as though you are trying to change a person somehow,by efforts?joe ,we cannot change people or make them into what we think they should be..............we are to spread the Gospel to people & if I when we are guided by the Holy Spirit to be there for them as they walk their walk with Christ then we do so as the Holy Spirit directs us(leads) It is not up to us to decide what needs changing,their transformation is a result of becoming a new creature in Christ Jesus and it is done by the Power of the Holy Spirit,Christ will give them His Holy Spirit if & when & at the appropriate time and as they receive Him

Joe,pray about this,,,,are you even commissioned by God to be ministering to this person?What leads you to believing this assignment is yours?I ask these questions because sometimes people think they need to Save everyone & it is not always Gods Will for them but to plant that seed

With love-in Christ.Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

As Kwik said, we become transformed through the Holy Spirit.

2.Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Romans 12:1-3 (in Context) Romans 12 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations

3.2 Corinthians 3:18

And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:17-18 (in Context) 2 Corinthians 3 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

One could always start by extraction of the logs in ones own eyes and set a good but humble example to follow.  God is the guy who takes the specks out of others eyes, dont worry about it he will sort that out or not.  We all leave this life alone and account only for our own lives. Share the good news of salvation by grace not the religious order of moral policing because adherence to the law wont save anyone.

Hearing the message of salvation and trusting in it begins the desire to conform and change and sin less.  If it does not come from the heart of a seeker of Jesus to please God it is worthless!

I hope that helps anyway.

Edited by Chris.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I'm sorry you all misunderstood me. This person persecutes me and I'm trying to get it to stop.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I'm sorry you all misunderstood me. This person persecutes me and I'm trying to get it to stop.

That's different completely. Ignore them and talk to someone who likes you instead. Harassment without a reaction is a futile and boring exercise. 

Edited by Chris.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/12/1986

Our job is to let them know how to be moral and how to come to faith but it is up to them to do so.