IGNORED

is it ok to give too much to same person?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Can you help me guys with regards to giving?I'm so curious if it's still better when you give too much especially to abusive persons...We have That sort of people here in our apartment.Whenever She see something to ask for,we are unable to refuse to give.I think it's not ok for both of us if I give too much and she receive abusively.Well we all know the saying "it's better to give than to receive" but I want to execute also the saying "too much is bad"..to apply that,I tried to not give what she was asking for..but afterthat,as her respond to what we did,She Started to ignore us.. before long,She looked at us but without certain reasons..for me,it was his conscience that push her to do that ...in spite of what happened,I still want to get answers for my query or any advice or some Scriptures pertaining to this..Your Replies Will be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance

Edited by GenesisToRevelation

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

You're not always helping people by giving them too much. If somebody is abusive and still get what they want, what message is that giving out to them?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

agreed....

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Genesis

Welcome to Worthy & Praise the Lord!I would love to help but I am really having difficulty understanding what you are talking about....Are you saying that people live with you in your apartment or are you saying it is an apartment complex & this is a neighbor or something like that?Is this person "abusive'or abusing your generosity,meaning she takes advantage of the fact that you are a giver?She is ignored who,who is"us"? You see, I don't know if there are several people (including yourself)all living in an apt & she is ignoring her roommates................I just think it is totally confusing,can you help me to understand & clarify what you are talking about so that I could know how to answer your question?

Also,in spite of what happening & who's conscience is bothering who? Thank you,I mean no disrespect I am just confused///////////////

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I would say yes-if theyre taking advantage of your generosity, then your not able to help someone else. Goes back to give a man a fish youve fed him for a day-teach a man to fish, and youve fed him for a lifetime. Time to start saying no. If said person ignores you so be it. Either that, or give-but start instead of just free giving, a barter system. If she needs something get something in return, have her help around the house or something. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Seek the leading of the Holy Spirit when giving to anyone.  In our desire to help, we do so not know the whole story, just what we are told.  He, on the other hand, knows the whole story!  Trust in the Lord with all your heart!