chongjasmine

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,200
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

he had full knowledge of his actions, but we really don't know if he understood the consequences when he did it.....   I would think if that is the case he must be the stupidest thing God ever created.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/04/1985

Satan will not be forgiven, he is the the definition of sin and has been cast out of Heaven forever and ever.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

God created us with free wills.

That means that at any point in history, Satan can choose to repent.

So my question is, if supposed today, Satan chose to repent, will God forgive him?

Personally, I believe God will forgive Satan. What about you?

The blood of Jesus wasn't shed for angels. Satan is beyond redemption, and as God has created the place of punishment for Satan and his angels, that means he is definitely going there.

God has given us a lot of prophecy that so far has proven pretty accurate.    I don't know if God "could" ever forgive Satan, but his prophetic writings show us that he will not......    burning in hell for ever and ever seems like a really long time to me.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Reading Job 1 you can see how Satan works for LORD God. LORD commands and has power over everything Satan included.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0

I was not under the impression that there was so much conflict regarding this issue... is it really up for debate? 

I was not under the impression that there was so much conflict regarding this issue... is it really up for debate? 

Not to my mind, God has already stated what Satan's fate is, so I am not sure why anyone (except those who do not believe God) would have any other opinion.

Maybe some people have a God of their own imagination, and cannot imagine a sovereign God, who can dictate what is just, and what is right, and then carry out that justice, so they doubt that such a God really exists? 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0

Not to my mind, God has already stated what Satan's fate is, so I am not sure why anyone (except those who do not believe God) would have any other opinion.

Maybe some people have a God of their own imagination, and cannot imagine a sovereign God, who can dictate what is just, and what is right, and then carry out that justice, so they doubt that such a God really exists? 

This sounds like a logical conclusion. I have come across material in the past that denies a sovereign god who can dictate what is just. Others might not deny the existence of god but deny the existence 'his' ability to know what is 'just'. For example looking at morality and sin as subjective thing - within the eye of the beholder. 

But 'logic' like this denies the word of the bible in my view. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Reading Job 1 you can see how Satan works for LORD God. LORD commands and has power over everything Satan included.

Not really.

LoL....  I see you only have a few posts.....     I think after you have been here for a while you will discover everything under the sun is debatable.   I have participated in heated discussions where we all agreed....   hang around and enjoy, for this is really an interesting place to spend some time.   Usually if we end up all agreeing someone will hijack the thread and change the subject..

After you've been here for several years, you will understand why we have a bit over 3,000 denominations. but you can also learn to respect people even though you may disagree with them.