IGNORED

Views of Salvation, Eternity, and how they match up to Scripture?

GoldenEagle

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Since such views are ideas from men's traditions loosely based on God's Word, why even consider them?

The alternative is to choose to be ignorant of major views held by Christians historically around the world. The value in considering different viewpoints is simply to have an examined Christian worldview. You should know what you believe and be able to support it. If you find, however, that you can't support your viewpoint from a Biblical perspective, then there is great value in that alone.

An "examined Christian worldview"???

Is that something our Heavenly Father came up with in His Word? No. It's an idea of man.

Men's doctrines are tethers, a rope that ties an animal down so it cannot reach past the length of rope.

If the believer stays within God's Word as written, they will have no need... to converse using men's doctrines, for they will already know the difference between man playing religion vs. the real Truth in God's Word. I know children that are more disciplined in God's Word than many of those men who are constantly searching for God's Truth but can never quite come to It because of all the tethers they create upon their own thinking.

But if one loves men's shackles instead the simplicity of God's Holy Writ, then I say go to if that's what one wants.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1971

Is that something our Heavenly Father came up with in His Word? No. It's an idea of man.

Men's doctrines are tethers, a rope that ties an animal down so it cannot reach past the length of rope.

If the believer stays within God's Word as written, they will have no need... to converse using men's doctrines, for they will already know the difference between man playing religion vs. the real Truth in God's Word. I know children that are more disciplined in God's Word than many of those men who are constantly searching for God's Truth but can never quite come to It because of all the tethers they create upon their own thinking.

But if one loves men's shackles instead the simplicity of God's Holy Writ, then I say go to if that's what one wants.

Wow you get wound up easily. This is just a discussion that has been going on for 2,000 years (at least) and there is something to be learned from it. If you feel that you have all of the answers and know everything, then you are only deceiving yourself. I don't know how you learn anything with that kind of attitude. That's all. I'm not arguing with you anymore. If you don't want to join in this discussion, then just ignore this thread please.

Wow you get wound up easily. This is just a discussion that has been going on for 2,000 years (at least) and there is something to be learned from it. If you feel that you have all of the answers and know everything, then you are only deceiving yourself. I don't know how you learn anything with that kind of attitude. That's all. I'm not arguing with you anymore. If you don't want to join in this discussion, then just ignore this thread please.

Guess I got my point across then, because I was offering an answer to the OP's question regarding those doctrines of men compared with Scripture, i.e., they do not compare with Scripture, because they are ideas from men instead.

If that steps on toes of some here because they like those tethers of men, then so be it. God's Holy Writ isn't something to play around with, not if one wants to know His Truth as written. That's my point, it's a valid one, and it has nothing to do with some idea of claiming to have all the answers, because God's Holy Writ has all... the answers, men's doctrines do not.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,789
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I believe it is easily understood that the restrictivist view has been clearly determined in God's

Word as the way for eternal life... I love the way The Lord has designed us to search for Him in

His Word and the meditation of truth against lie forming in us the Spiritually designed path to

Him... If one really thinks about Life as God teaches us and then examines the lies that come

against that truth it really forms another dimension to the mind so that we become alien to this

place! It begins with foundation or platform of God, Who in our beginning, formed us restrictively

with a corporeal starting point as we are told by The Creator had no such. He 'IS' Spirit with no

begin and end and all that He created was not a law unto Himself but a careful design of His pleasure

to teach us about Himself by the begin we are... lie is a destructive format of Life in God as it

present a false alternative that does not exist! In all the eternity, of thought producing reason into

action, lie has no substance of God and in this present corporeal we have given over to satan the

dominion we were given by God... So now by our own limited begin in a corporeal status we make it

everything and God nothing for it yields to our sensual persuasions but God does not and in this

restrictive environment God came into to build a pathway out of this mess to a perfect conclusion

of eternity with Him unrestricted... Love, Steven

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1971

Guess I got my point across then, because I was offering an answer to the OP's question regarding those doctrines of men compared with Scripture, i.e., they do not compare with Scripture, because they are ideas from men instead.

That is fair enough, Salty. Keep in mind that the Scriptures must be interpreted. Christians around the world see things a little differently. The underlying questions is "What is the fate of the unevangelized?" You can't simply dismiss all of the discussion that has taken place since the beginning of time. One of these viewpoints is correct, or at least closer to the truth than the others. The Bible isn't absolutely explicit on this matter as you make it out to be. They also aren't merely the "ideas from men" but refined interpretations of the Scriptures.

If you want to further the discussion, tell us where you stand on the issue. It's an important question.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

Since such views are ideas from men's traditions loosely based on God's Word, why even consider them?

The alternative is to choose to be ignorant of major views held by Christians historically around the world. The value in considering different viewpoints is simply to have an examined Christian worldview. You should know what you believe and be able to support it. If you find, however, that you can't support your viewpoint from a Biblical perspective, then there is great value in that alone.

Yes, men's doctrines are tethers. This is why we need to examine people's ideas and measure them against Scripture. Don't you think?

Lot's of interesting things on this subject regarding knowing what the Bible says and comparing it what man says. See below and feel free to look up the verses in context:

Acts 17:11

Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.

1 Thessalonians 5:21

But test everything; hold fast what is good.

2 Peter 1:20-21

Knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone's own interpretation. For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

2 Timothy 2:15

Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

2 Timothy 3:16-17

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of Godmay be complete, equipped for every good work.

Do you see brother?

God bless,

GE

What is the postmortem evangelism view?

Salty also consider:

"Study both sides of everything, no matter how personally uncomfortable. If someone tells you not to study the other side of your beliefs, that is a huge red flag that means you should do exactly that." - Unknown

and

"Can I value what you have to say even if it isn't something I agree with or understand? If not, then I will begin a process of judgements and punishments that send messages of invalidation. Many of us don't realize that we create a world where everyone has to look and sound like us or we have no value for them. Before I know it I've surrounded myself with myself in order to get along with others." - Danny Lee Silk

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,789
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

What is the postmortem evangelism view?

that a pretty stiff subject :red_smile:

One of the biggest problems today is how that many brethren are not actually getting that much of God's Word, but instead mostly the tethers (men's Bible based seminary ideology which is mostly milk and not the "strong meat" - Heb.5). Those brethren think the 'tethers' are The Word of God because that's what they are taught instead of all of God's Word chapter by chapter.

There are times for Bible topical study. But coverage of God's Word chapter by chapter should always be the primary goal instead of chopping up God's Word to make it fit men's ideas. When one studies chapter by chapter it helps keep the 'tethers' away, and one is forced to get more into the "strong meat" of God's Word, something a lot of the seminaries tell preachers to stay away from, to stay away from controversial issues and keep on the milk. It's sad that they would even think there's controversial issues in God's Word to begin with, when the real matter is that God's Word full strength is never going to be popular with men because most men cannot really handle the Truth full strength.

I remember a brother mentioned his Sunday school teacher which was their preacher, how he was always skipping around in The Bible with topical coverage. I suggested he ask his preacher if he ever was going to cover The Bible starting at Genesis and go all the way through chapter by chapter. He did ask him, and the preacher laughed at him, and I'll never forget what he said his response was, "You must think we have all the time in the world!"