Marilyn C

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Is that your opinion? why are you avoiding my 3 questions?

Oh, you expected me to go into detail, again???

'Mother' of harlots? Jerusalem started out as a pagan city of Canaan before God gave the children of Israel to conquer it. Bible history 101. It was called Jebus per God's Word. So... mother (Jebus under false worship 'originating' from Sumer-Babylonia)... meet daughter (Jerusalem under false worship).

You admit what the coming Antichrist is to do in Jerusalem with setting up idol worship, but you make geographic Babylon as his seat and more important than what he is going to... DO... IN JERUSALEM!

Babylon as a symbol for Jerusalem because of the coming false idol worship there does not mean God is going to completely destroy Jerusalem in order for the prophecy of geographical Babylon to have been fulfilled. That's a requirement you're making in your own mind. And Jesus did say not one stone on top of another would standing when His disciples were pointing out the buildings on the temple mount in Jerusalem (Matt.24; Mark 13). As of today, there are still huge stones on top of another there, left from the Herod's mods of the old temple complex. And that's not to mention the Dome of The Rock.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

'Mother' of harlots? Jerusalem started out as a pagan city of Canaan before God gave the children of Israel to conquer it. Bible history 101. It was called Jebus per God's Word. So... mother (Jebus under false worship 'originating' from Sumer-Babylonia)... meet daughter (Jerusalem under false worship).

You admit what the coming Antichrist is to do in Jerusalem with setting up idol worship, but you make geographic Babylon as his seat and more important than what he is going to... DO... IN JERUSALEM!

Babylon as a symbol for Jerusalem because of the coming false idol worship there does not mean God is going to completely destroy Jerusalem in order for the prophecy of geographical Babylon to have been fulfilled. That's a requirement you're making in your own mind. And Jesus did say not one stone on top of another would standing when His disciples were pointing out the buildings on the temple mount in Jerusalem (Matt.24; Mark 13). As of today, there are still huge stones on top of another there, left from the Herod's mods of the old temple complex. And that's not to mention the Dome of The Rock.

You've completely misunderstood Matt 24.

This referred to the destruction of the temple in 70 ad.

When the Romans destroyed it, they left no rubble and no remains. Usually when things are destroyed, buildings demolished or cities devastated there remains relics or stones.

The Romans COMPLETELY CLEARED ALL REMAINS of the temple so it was impossible to know the exact spot where the temple existed.

When the Muslims built the Dome of the Rock a few hundred years later they wanted to build it on the exact spot where the temple had stood but without any remains they were unable to find it so they just guessed.

It wasn't until Israeli archaeologists surveyed the Mount using modern archaeological techniques (eg x-rays) they managed to locate where the Temple once stood. It just so happens that the Muslims had got the wrong spot and the Dome of the Rock actually stands on the outer Court of the Gentiles.

When the Romans destroyed it, they left no rubble and no remains. Usually when things are destroyed, buildings demolished or cities devastated there remains relics or stones.

The Romans COMPLETELY CLEARED ALL REMAINS of the temple so it was impossible to know the exact spot where the temple existed.

When the Muslims built the Dome of the Rock a few hundred years later they wanted to build it on the exact spot where the temple had stood but without any remains they were unable to find it so they just guessed.

It wasn't until Israeli archaeologists surveyed the Mount using modern archaeological techniques (eg x-rays) they managed to locate where the Temple once stood. It just so happens that the Muslims had got the wrong spot and the Dome of the Rock actually stands on the outer Court of the Gentiles.

I guess the Wailing Wall at the Temple Mount doesn't really exist then? Huge stones still standing there. That ends debate on that point.

Christ's Olivet Discourse of Matt.24 and Mark 13 are the seven signs of the end paralleled in the seals of Rev.6. The final seventh sign Jesus gave was that of His second coming and gathering of His saints. That ends debate on what timing the Matt.24 chapter is about, for the Roman's destruction in 70 A.D. never setup any "abomination of desolation" in the Jerusalem temple. Per the Jewish historian Jospehus, the temple burned before the Roman army could get possession of it.

It surprises me how some will listen to false doctrines coming out of some seminaries that treats the Matt.24 chapter as past history, yet that's what man's doctrines of Preterism does, and to some degree the Historicist school also.

Also, when... (not if) another temple is built by the Jews in Jerusalem for the end, which is their plan as certain groups of them already have the materials ready, that will make those doctrines of men even more silly sounding than they are today. But each to his own, believing what he/she will.

I guess the Wailing Wall at the Temple Mount doesn't really exist then? Huge stones still standing there. That ends debate on that point.

Christ's Olivet Discourse of Matt.24 and Mark 13 are the seven signs of the end paralleled in the seals of Rev.6. The final seventh sign Jesus gave was that of His second coming and gathering of His saints. That ends debate on what timing the Matt.24 chapter is about, for the Roman's destruction in 70 A.D. never setup any "abomination of desolation" in the Jerusalem temple. Per the Jewish historian Jospehus, the temple burned before the Roman army could get possession of it.

It surprises me how some will listen to false doctrines coming out of some seminaries that treats the Matt.24 chapter as past history, yet that's what man's doctrines of Preterism does, and to some degree the Historicist school also.

Also, when... (not if) another temple is built by the Jews in Jerusalem for the end, which is their plan as certain groups of them already have the materials ready, that will make those doctrines of men even more silly sounding than they are today. But each to his own, believing what he/she will.

We're talkling about the temple itself, not the surrounding area. The temple would have no stone left standing - not the wailing wall. The wailing wall was not part of the temple!

This prophecy is so obvious that I don't see how you could claim otherwise.

Why would the Romans completely remove all traces of the temple? Nobody else does that. Usually there are ruins left.

Remember that the site of the temple is God's footstool. He promised that until the Tribulation nobody would ever worship false gods on that spot. Non-Jews were not even allowed in the temple. They could only enter the outer court, that's why it was called the court of the gentiles.

When Muslims conquer the places of worship of other religions, they either usurp the existing temple and convert it into a mosque (ie Constantinople) or they build their mosque smack bang on top of the spot where the old temple was just like they did with thousands of Hindu temples in India.

God wanted no man to know where the original Jewish temple stood until the Jews got Jerusalem back, so that nobody could build an idol to false gods on that very spot. Clearing it completely would ensure that the exact location of the temple would remain a secret.

As for accusing me of listening to other people's false doctrines - I don't know what you're talking about. I got all this information from the Bible, not from anybody else. So unless you're claiming that the Bible is false doctrine, then you're clearly mistaken about me.

Edit:

I mean the bit about the temple being destroyed is fulfilled - not all of Matthew 24. Sorry, I should have made it clear. That's what I'm referring to. I went back and read a previous post.... that's what I meant to say.

We're talkling about the temple itself, not the surrounding area. The temple would have no stone left standing - not the wailing wall. The wailing wall was not part of the temple!

Why would the Romans completely remove all traces of the temple? Nobody else does that. Usually there are ruins left.

Remember that the site of the temple is God's footstool. He promised that until the Tribulation nobody would ever worship false gods on that spot. Non-Jews were not even allowed in the temple. They could only enter the outer court, that's why it was called the court of the gentiles.

When Muslims conquer the places of worship of other religions, they either usurp the existing temple and convert it into a mosque (ie Constantinople) or they build their mosque smack bang on top of the spot where the old temple was just like they did with thousands of Hindu temples in India.

God wanted no man to know where the original Jewish temple stood until the Jews got Jerusalem back, so that nobody could build an idol to false gods on that very spot. Clearing it completely would ensure that the exact location of the temple would remain a secret.

As for accusing me of listening to other people's false doctrines - I don't know what you're talking about. I got all this information from the Bible, not from anybody else. So unless you're claiming that the Bible is false doctrine, then you're clearly mistaken about me.

Edit:

I mean the bit about the temple being destroyed is fulfilled - not all of Matthew 24. Sorry, I should have made it clear. That's what I'm referring to. I went back and read a previous post.... that's what I meant to say.

The wailing wall is part of Herods foundation modifications of the second temple complex, so yes, it is part of the old temple complex, which is one of the reasons why orthodox Jews say prayers facing it and put letters in it.

There will be another temple built in Jerusalem in the last days in order for the Daniel prophecies to occur, for that "abomination of desolation" event Jesus warned of in Matt.24 also, i.e., false idol worship involving a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem. That temple is the one that will be destroyed when Jesus returns.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Where does it say in the Bible that Jerusalem is Babylon? Please.

Edit:

The wailing wall is part of Herods foundation modifications of the second temple complex, so yes, it is part of the old temple complex, which is one of the reasons why orthodox Jews say prayers facing it and put letters in it.

There will be another temple built in Jerusalem in the last days in order for the Daniel prophecies to occur, for that "abomination of desolation" event Jesus warned of in Matt.24 also, i.e., false idol worship involving a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem. That temple is the one that will be destroyed when Jesus returns.

The Temple of Herod was not part of the Jewish temple. It was built where the Dome of the Rock is today.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Inchrist,

I respect all opinions but you are right, that one is crazy bad.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

Yes Sadam tried to rebuild the geographical city of Babylon. But he's dead now. The U.N. along with its other deceived can rebuild all they want, but that doesn't mean it will be the epi-center of the false worship that is to take place on earth in the last days, for God Himself has reserved the city of Jerusalem for that, as that is where the coming Antichrist will set himself up as king, in a temple in Jerusalem, proclaiming himself as God, over all things that are called God, and over all things that are worshiped, just as Apostle Paul said in 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4, and like Rev.17 points to.

Good! There is someone here with some bible sense! Truthful post.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

Actually no, I'm done playing with your theory which i found very entertaining 

There is however, one very critical Flaw that absolutely, categorically blows your Jerusalem nonsense out of the water, which I'm afraid you cant argue out of, so good luck.

Babylon or “Mystery Babylon’s” destiny is eternal, physical destruction.

The problem with the Jerusalem = Babylon theory is that we have the Messianic prophecies indicating, that Jesus Christ will return and rule from Jerusalem for 1,000 years. Later we will see a new heaven and a new earth created in eternity but not during the 1,000-year millennial reign of Christ but AFTER Jesus has Reigned.

Now if Jerusalem is "Babylon" and "Babylon" will be utterly destroyed and uninhabited by humans FOREVER then pray tell where is Jesus going to be reigning from then?

Therefore in one day her plagues will overtake her: death, mourning and famine. She will be consumed by fire, for mighty is the Lord God who judges her. ... In one hour your doom has come! … When they see the smoke of her burning, they will exclaim, 'Was there ever a city like this great city (Revelation 18:8, 10 and 18)?

Rev18: 21 Then a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone and threw it into the sea, saying, “Thus with violence the great city Babylon shall be thrown down, and shall not be found anymore. 22 The sound of harpists, musicians, flutists, and trumpeters shall not be heard in you anymore. No craftsman of any craft shall be found in you anymore, and the sound of a millstone shall not be heard in you anymore

Yet, the Messianic prophecies speak of Jerusalem being the world’s capital city under the Lord’s reign of 1,000 years. Lol how can that be if "Babylon who is "Jerusalem"  wont be found any more, no citizen wont be found in her any more?

The Jerusalem is Babylon theory is nothing but pure babble nonsense

Did it just go over your head that God chose to call it "Mystery Babylon?" What exactly did God mean? The city of Jerusalem was suppose to be the very center of TRUTH for the world. It was suppose to be THE place to go when someone wanted to find God. It was very close to that when Solomon ruled.  However, during the last half of the 70th week, the WORST false doctrine ever perpetrated on the human race with false miracles to deceive the masses, will come from "Mystery Babylon" of the city of Jerusalem.

It will be "Mystery Babylon" that will be destroyed - never to rise again. The City of Jerusalem, however, even after being mostly destroyed WILL RISE AGAIN and will become what God has decreed it would be. And NEVER, EVER again will false doctrine and deception come from Jerusalem. "Mystery Babylon will be destroyed, never to rise again.

WHERE is it written?

Did you notice that the last verse of chapter 17 tells us Mystery Babylon is "that great city?" Do a search in Revelation for "great city." That should answer your question as to "where."

LAMAD