• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Hello! Forgive me if this topic has been discussed already, but I'm new here and would like to hear people's thoughts about it. (Especially from those who have spent a lot of time studying end time events and Bible prophecy.)

There are a lot of people claiming to have a special word from God concerning end time events and the rapture. We have Jack Van Impe, Hal Lindsey, Chuck Missler, Grant R. Jeffreys, Timothy LaHaye, Charles Capps, John Hagee, etc..,

Most of them have differing views, particularly with regards to their beliefs about the tribulation (pre-mid-post trib.), the rapture, the second coming and also about which prophecies are yet to be fulfilled (if any) before Christ's return.

Many also claim to have had a special word from the Lord, visitations or heaven experiences. Jesse DuPlantis's "Close Encounters of the God Kind" is a popular one for the heaven experiences.

So, what I would like to hear from others is... What do you make of these teachers? Much of what they have to say contradicts each other. Who do you tend to trust? Why? I would like to hear from folks who are familiar with Charles Capps's teachings in his book, "End Time Events".

From my experience in this area of study, I have found that far too many Christians tend to believe whatever they first heard on the subject. Some will hear a "famous" or "popular" TV/radio personality and believe them just because they're famous. There is a lot of "blind" belief out there and many Christians can't explain why they believe what they believe.

I'm not looking for arguments or even spirited debates on the subject. Just friendly discussion! For years I fell for some "famous" people's teachings on this and that. (Prosperity, confession, etc.,) Sadly, it's an all-too-common occurence when we place these people up on pedestals. The words we hear from any teacher/speaker/pastor etc., should be weighed prayerfully against the Word of God.

I firmly believe this generation will be the one to witness the return of Jesus.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

I usually like to read "Dad Ernie" :b: I'm sure he'll reply to this post....by the way hes a member here on worthy :blink:

I too keith was neckdeep into the "prosperity" gospel. Praise God he showed me light...

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Well, it is just my opinion, but I think they do a better job of making money than they do preaching prophesy.

I have my own ideas and for the most part they are just my ideas, but I would say that I have learned a lot from Dad Earnie about the subject.

I'll let him speak for himself ( as he does so well ) when he sees this thread.

sam

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

They that claim to prophesy should be judged by the letter of the law IMHO.

Deut. 13:2  And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;

3  Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

4  Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

5  And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.

De 18:20  But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

LT

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

If I ever have time someday and no job, I think I'll write a bunch of books about the end times....

I would steer clear of anyone who has claimed to have received a special word from God.

The Word of God is for all and it is the Bible.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just a side note:

God told me to quit smoking one time..... showed me the results if I didn't.......

While I agree with you about global happenings, I do think He sends messages to individual people concerning their relationship with Him.

se

btw yes I did quit..... very abruptly

If I ever have time someday and no job, I think I'll write a bunch of books about the end times....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:) You might not ever have to work if you are really good at it......

:) corse' God will get you in the end, but it looks like it might be an easy life here now.

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

I firmly believe this generation will be the one to witness the return of Jesus.

Greetings Keith,

So do I. BUT the more important issue is one's own testimony of Jesus Christ. For us, I think this verse in Revelation is very relevant:

Revelation 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

I really like Chuck Swindoll - he's a pre-tribber. I also really like R.C. Sproul - he's amillineal. I also like Lonnie Malechinko - He's an SDA. Jack Hayford and Marv Rosenthal are both post-trib and/or pre-wrath of which I too believe. Neither of these last two are quite the expositors of scripture as R.C. Sproul is.

I do believe that any other rapture belief than post-trib, prewrath will ultimately cause the downfall of many. But I will not go into that.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Guest eirama21

I don't believe in the rapture at all. Scriptures do not speak of Christ's 2nd coming as a secret. "Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye shall see Him, and they also who pierced Him. And the tribes of the earthg will mourn because of Him." Revelation 1:7. Also, "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first." I Thessalonians. Also check Psalms 50:3, "our God shall come;and shall not keep quiet." Pay close attention to II Peter 3:10, this is my best guess as to how they thought Christ's 2nd coming as quiet...otherwise, I can't figure out how the got the idea. " But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night"....but read on...."in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up." Doesn't sound too quiet to me. I can't help but notice II Peter 3:16. It warns about twisting scriptures right there. I think maybe it's some popular belief, or hollywood, like LEFT BEHIND series. I think it much safer and smarter EITHER way, to just BE READY the FIRST TIME HE comes back. I know I'll be ready to leave first trip, and not wait on some supposed second chance. Better safe than sorry...that's just what I found in the bible to be more true. " He who is unjust, let HIm be unjust still; he whi is filthy, let Him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still." Revelation 22:11. And Amen that He is coming soon, and very soon, even at the door. God bless you all. Keep me in your prayers as I will you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

There is one thing every Christian should always do. Study the word of God and never take ANYONES word for it unless it lines up with what the word says. Ask the Lord to open up your understanding. If you are reading something that isn't clear pray about it. The Lord will help you learn it even if He has to send someone by to drop a study guide on your lawn, give your Pastor that very lesson to preach on the next service, put something on the radio at just the time you need to hear it...etc., etc.. If you have asked Him to show you, you will certainly know it when He reveals it to you. He may just give you such great revelation knowledge of His word that you'll be able to teach others.