Mick513

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

The thing is, the bible was written by men through and inspired by the holy spirit. One can read a part of the bible and not understand, but it is always good to have the holy spirit in you to give you understanding if the word. If anyone struggles understanding than, its always good to pray before even opening the bible. Always praying to the Lord, our father God to give us the understanding and knowledge we need, to fully understand his word. Amen

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Here is a little secret I learned as a very young child. I found out that if I would cry loud and long enough I could get just about anything I wanted. I also found this out to be true with God too.

Pro 2:1  My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee; 
Pro 2:2  So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding; 
Pro 2:3  Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; 
Pro 2:4  If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; 
Pro 2:5  Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God
Pro 2:6  For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding. 
Pro 2:7  He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly. 

Do you remember how to cry?

pretty plain I don't see any confusion, or misunderstanding, Amen

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/21/1952

The thing is, the bible was written by men through and inspired by the holy spirit. One can read a part of the bible and not understand, but it is always good to have the holy spirit in you to give you understanding if the word. If anyone struggles understanding than, its always good to pray before even opening the bible. Always praying to the Lord, our father God to give us the understanding and knowledge we need, to fully understand his word. Amen

Absolutely true. It is the anointing that teaches us, which is Christ in us. Every day I thank the Lord for the Spirit of Wisdom, and revelation, and power, and might, and understanding, and Spirit of the fear of the Lord and all manner of workmanship. Instead of learning about God we are to taught by Him and he does reveal himself to us confirming it by his Word and bears witness through the Holy Spirit..

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I wonder if you’d be kind enough to try and answer another few questions for me.  I am struggling to understand the bible.  I don’t just mean a given passage, I mean all of it.  However I have to admit I have not attempted to read more than a few sections.

Can I be a Christian and believe in God, and Jesus, but not understand the bible?  This troubles me a little.

I just find it so hard going.  Firstly the old language that is used, but secondly I find it so hard to get any clear meaning from it.

I have however just read the first 3 chapters of genesis.  I think it is the new international version, which does seem a little easier reading.  Please bear in mind it’s the first time I’ve read these passages although I have some prior knowledge of the content.  If what I say seems a bit obvious, I apologise.  I understood the first part of the text about the 7 days of creation, and the creation of man, woman, and animals.

The tree of knowledge was forbidden.  Was the implication that man was not to study science? Or I wonder if the meaning is different? and what the tree of knowledge symbolizes.    

And if it was God’s will for the apple not to be eaten, I wonder why the serpent tempted eve to do it.  Was the serpent inherently evil?

I understand then that the serpent, man, and women were punished for the deed, as the original sin.  This seems to change the world forever.  But was it Gods intention for man to remain pure forever, if the sin was not committed?  And if so I wonder what kind of world we would live in.

Anyway enough questions for now.  Thanks for reading.

Mick.

For your first time it's better just to get through it and to see the overall picture.  It's good to ask questions.  They all get answered in time though.  I know for my self I had endless questions because people told me how to believe.  I took my time and looked into everything.  I have went through many different denominations and faiths looking at everything they presented.  The smart ones can be the most deceiving and you can see loop holes in some of what they say.  They may base their whole reasoning on a flawed foundation, which will throw you off.  So anyways.  I read the bible for hours every day for a few years.  I think I was really scared because I believed in God 100%, yet I knew in my heart I wasn't saved.  I had nothing similar that those in the NT had.  I never had the Spirit testify for one.  Am I supposed to blindly believe I got the holy spirit for believing in some random way?  I consider that to be taking the risk of strange fire.  Just like Aarons sons who believed in God their own way, they were consumed by God instead of going by the way he laid out.  You dont have to go at it alone though and although I disagree with what most poeple have to say at this time, you can learn little things here and there.  Be very critical.  Extremely critical.  You only have one soul and you cant afford to make the mistake of getting this wrong.  Its better to tremble, believe, and hope that god will open your eyes and heart.  Ill send you a pm to what I like to read, it might help you out.  

Guest Jesse

Mick.

If you are a new christian;it is best to start reading the new testament.

If you are truly seeking God; the Holy Spirit will come and open your eyes.

Concentrate on the new testament first.

I recommend the kjv.

The new translations can be very deceiving.

Satan has come into everything about God.

He also has infiltrated the churches,and shepherds.

Knowledge is our foundation.

A weak foundation can fall easily.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  823
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  10/13/1981

Its not enough to just read words in our Bible. We have to discern what the words mean, by listening to the Holy Spirit within....and figure out how it fits into our lives. Living in God's Word is a lifelong learning experience. We never stop learning. Researching the setting, purpose, themes of each book in the Bible is important. When I study, I compare scripture to scripture through cross references and I look up the Hebrew or Greek meaning of key words. I write a lot down right in my Bible.  Studying God's Word does take time and work. I have the NIV Life Application Study Bible which helps me a lot. The notes at the bottom of each page explain what the verses mean when I don't understand. :) 

Lord "I am your servant; give me discernment that I may understand your statutes" (Psalm 119:125) 
Amen

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

Pray and find a good study bible that you can understand. God will lead you to the right one.

Why did God create man in flesh form?

Because: Lucifer sinned in his heart in heaven;he had bad thoughts, and was creating

a group of angels for himself, one third of the angels in heaven. He became  very proud because of His wisdom and beauty. 

But he could not perform his plans in heaven amongst spirit angels,because they dont feel pain, nor sorrow.

And they could see him. So far; lucifer sinned in his heart.(Isaiah 14.  Ez.28.)

God wanted lucifer's thoughts and plans to manifest,so he could be proven guilty.

God set up a snare for him.God created man;  made of flesh.

This was God's plan, to bring out all the evil in lucifer's heart.

He must be proven guilty,by his deeds. 

Lucifer used the opportunity to carry out  his ideas and plans ,that was in his heart.

He tempted the woman Eve  by lying.She fell for it,and then Adam was tempted by Eve.

This is when lucifer's evil thoughts were made manifest. Sin was made manifest.

Now is he guilty,sin was born.

This will lead him to more sins, and this also will be his  destruction. Lucifer was caught in God's snare.

Now is he called satan.(the rebel). His works must be completed on earth before he will be judged,

The grapes must be ripened before the harvest. The grapes are satans spiritual children. 

Mankind is now under satan's wings. Only God can save man,and break that bond with satan. 

God sends his only begotten Son to earth, to save man from being slaves to sin.

To open that door back to God. Behind that door is a narrow path we must follow.

This is hard, because satan and his angels will keep on drawing us to follow the spirit of the world. 

Where there is greed pleasure and sins.

Man''s faith also will be greatly rewarded for coming back to God.

So now we know why God created Adam and Eve of flesh. He could have created them of spirit.

jesse.

Jeremiah 50:23 How is the hammer of the whole earth cut asunder and broken! how is Babylon become a desolation among the nations!

Jeremiah 50:24 I have laid a snare for thee, and thou art also taken, O Babylon, and thou wast not aware: thou art found, and also caught, because thou hast striven against the LORD.

Satan is the king of babylon;the god of this world.

jesse.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  10/06/1990

My suggestion is that you simply read it, and don't worry about understanding everything right away.  God will gradually reveal things to you.  

Good point.  I believe the Bible should be a challenge to understand.  You build a strong relationship with Gods word that way.  No one understands the entire Bible perfectly.