• Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

He that takes vengeance will suffer vengeance from the Lord,
    and he will firmly establish his sins.
Forgive your neighbor the wrong he has done,
    and then your sins will be pardoned when you pray.

Sirach 28:1-2

24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.

Exodus 21:24-25

"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.'

But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.

Matthew 5:38-39

So forgive or not forgive here is big question.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

there is a difference in my mind between forgiveness and vengeance.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Just punishment is not the same as revenge.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/27/1994

The old testament law was different...but we have to worry about what Jesus tells us in the new testament (Mathew 5:38).

We are not to revenge because vengeance belongs to the Lord.

Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. (‭Romans‬ ‭12‬:‭19‬ NKJV)

We should ALWAYS forgive.

Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?” Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven. (‭Matthew‬ ‭18‬:‭21-22‬ NKJV)

God will use the same measure we use to forgive.

“For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. (‭Matthew‬ ‭6‬:‭14-15‬ NKJV)

God bless you

but what do you do when someone wants to cut your grand kids heads off????

Either:

1/ Stop them from doing it using whatever it takes to do so and when your anger has subsided - forgive them.

2/ Try to stop them, fail, grieve and when you're ready - forgive them (extremely difficult I know) but if you check out some tales of the Amish, they've been known to do it.

Either:

1/ Stop them from doing it using whatever it takes to do so and when your anger has subsided - forgive them.

2/ Try to stop them, fail, grieve and when you're ready - forgive them (extremely difficult I know) but if you check out some tales of the Amish, they've been known to do it.

anger or fear?

Either:

anger or fear?

Either or..... 

Forgiveness is not about not standing up to those who threaten you nor fighting them if necessary...... it's about forgiving them afterwards. (praying for them if necessary).

• 2 years later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 7/13/2014 at 5:53 AM, ProzacR said:

So forgive or not forgive here is big question.

Ultimately, true justice does not have to do with laws:

o    "Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. "(Galatians 3:21)

o    "But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:" (Rom. 3:21,22);

o    "But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,” (Romans 5:6);

I know it's hard to accept this. All our lives we have been instructed in the justice of the world. However, have you noticed how there is nothing that hurts us as much as our sense of justice? Why do we insist so much on occupying the position of judge? Is it worth it to fill you with evil and carry it throughout your life? I do not know if you've noticed, but what we call justice is actually the knowledge of evil within us. We put evil in our hearts (Matt 9:4) against our neighbor because we think that he is not worthy of love and truth.

Is it worth bearing the heavy burden of wanting to put all things in order, to want to enforce justice? Since Adam tasted the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Gen. 2:17), everyone came to be under this terrible judgment, condemned to keep the balance in perfect equilibrium so as not to incur in iniquity and someone to be harmed. But how, if all are evil? In the end, the world became accustomed to seeing the loss of thousands as normal.

May Jesus help us to surrender to Him all the heavy burden (Matthew 11:28-30) and simply to remain in His will, certain that:

o    God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies. The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.” (Nahum 1.2,3).

o    “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11.28-30).