• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Oh, I found other differences....

1. Gog is buried in Israel when killed (Ezekiel 39:11-12)

Antichrist is thrown into the lake of fire (rev 19:19-20)

Don't see how Gog and AC are same person.

2. The saved remnant of Israel will have fled to the wilderness in the middle of the Tribulation. They will stay there until Armageddon, when Jesus returns. The remnant will not be living in un-walled villages (Ezekiel 38) at the end of the Tribulation because they will be supernaturally protected in the mountains.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Oh, I found other differences....

1. Gog is buried in Israel when killed (Ezekiel 39:11-12)

Antichrist is thrown into the lake of fire (rev 19:19-20)

Don't see how Gog and AC are same person.

2. The saved remnant of Israel will have fled to the wilderness in the middle of the Tribulation. They will stay there until Armageddon, when Jesus returns. The remnant will not be living in un-walled villages (Ezekiel 38) at the end of the Tribulation because they will be supernaturally protected in the mountains.

All the other differences have been dealt with so far.  The correlation between Zechariah 14 and Ezekiel 38 were particularly eye-opening for me, when I saw that Zechariah 14 also mentioned plunder and infighting in similar wording to Ezekiel.

Regarding your points above, I've always claimed Gog is attacking the antichrist, and is not the antichrist.  I haven't yet heard anyone's explanation why the antichrist owns  Israel and is alarmed from the north and the east at Armageddon. To me this sounds like he is being attacked from the north and the east, and is not doing the attacking, which is consistent with him being attacked by Gog.

2) Ezekiel does not refer to a saved remnant in Israel , these are sinful Jews during the period of unwalled villages. 

26 They will [l]forget their disgrace and all their treachery which they [m]perpetrated against Me, when they live securely on their own land with no one to make them afraid.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Salty,

So you see a peace treaty before Gog war.

Is it THE peace treaty that begins Daniels 70th week?

The Gog/Magog event is set for the time of Armageddon on the 7th Vial. That's what I believe, because the Gog/Magog prophecies in Ezek.39 involve the gathering of the lost ten tribes of the "house of Israel" with Judah and the "supper of the great God" event of Revelation. Back in Ezek.37 we were shown about the putting together of the two sticks, the two houses of Israel that are still separate today being joined back together in the holy lands.

Per the Daniel prophecy, the Antichrist makes a "league" (Dan.11) at the start of his coming to power in Jerusalem. That represents the start of the first half of the "one week" of Dan.9:27, which is equal to 1260 days, or 3.5 years. It's after that first half that he then sets up the "abomination of desolation" idol in Jerusalem, which begins the last half of the "one week", which is also 1260 days.

But our Lord Jesus said He shortened that latter half period. Do you know what to? Five months.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  1

This discussion reminds me alot of how when Christ came they wanted him to be a political king or at least were expecting the Messiah to be a political king, but he told us his kingdom is not of this world, but a spiritual kingdom. Many persons posting have not yet realized that the Bible is written in parable form (Psalm 78:2). Israel in the Bible is not a political entity except in the Old Testament as an illustration for all true believers. True believers in Christ are now spiritual Israel, no matter what cultural or political affiliation. This whole business of end-time events relating to the current political nation of Israel in the Middle East has no scriptural basis any more than believing that true believers will be riding literal white horses or that Jesus is literally a stone. He is a stone only by metaphor to describe him. When Romans 11 tells us "And then all Israel will be saved" it means that all true believers will be saved, no matter where they live, or what culture or tongue or nation they are. I would be very happy if a lot of the Israel that is saved comes from the current political nation of Israel just as I would if many come from any other current political nation. But the scripture is not saying that all of the political nation of Israel will be saved. The key is knowing what the Bible means when it uses parable language, like Israel, Judah, and Jerusalem. These are terms which involve any believer and have nothing to do with current world geography. The "Jerusalem above" is a picture of those persons freed from the penalty of their sin because they have received what Christ did for them on the cross. The "Jerusalem below" is the religious unsaved who are trying to be justified by their own righteousness by saying they follow the law. They have never truly received Christ. This is the picture presented by Galatians 4. It has nothing to do with geographic Jerusalem, nor does any end-time scenario. In fact, the parable language used in the Bible (in places like Luke 21 for example) is really relating to end-time congregations. Such scriptures warn of a falling away from the truth of the gospel in end times, and tell the true believers to flee to Christ alone. In fact, in Luke 21 the Lord is pictured by mountains. "Let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains". In other words, let them which are in the fallen congregations, flee to the Lord himself, spiritually speaking. 

This discussion reminds me alot of how when Christ came they wanted him to be a political king or at least were expecting the Messiah to be a political king, but he told us his kingdom is not of this world, but a spiritual kingdom. Many persons posting have not yet realized that the Bible is written in parable form (Psalm 78:2). Israel in the Bible is not a political entity except in the Old Testament as an illustration for all true believers. True believers in Christ are now spiritual Israel, no matter what cultural or political affiliation. This whole business of end-time events relating to the current political nation of Israel in the Middle East has no scriptural basis any more than believing that true believers will be riding literal white horses or that Jesus is literally a stone. He is a stone only by metaphor to describe him. When Romans 11 tells us "And then all Israel will be saved" it means that all true believers will be saved, no matter where they live, or what culture or tongue or nation they are. I would be very happy if a lot of the Israel that is saved comes from the current political nation of Israel just as I would if many come from any other current political nation. But the scripture is not saying that all of the political nation of Israel will be saved. The key is knowing what the Bible means when it uses parable language, like Israel, Judah, and Jerusalem. These are terms which involve any believer and have nothing to do with current world geography. The "Jerusalem above" is a picture of those persons freed from the penalty of their sin because they have received what Christ did for them on the cross. The "Jerusalem below" is the religious unsaved who are trying to be justified by their own righteousness by saying they follow the law. They have never truly received Christ. This is the picture presented by Galatians 4. It has nothing to do with geographic Jerusalem, nor does any end-time scenario. In fact, the parable language used in the Bible (in places like Luke 21 for example) is really relating to end-time congregations. Such scriptures warn of a falling away from the truth of the gospel in end times, and tell the true believers to flee to Christ alone. In fact, in Luke 21 the Lord is pictured by mountains. "Let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains". In other words, let them which are in the fallen congregations, flee to the Lord himself, spiritually speaking. 

I can understand how one could have that view of no existing kingdom of God's upon this earth after the Romans destroyed Jerusalem and the temple and the majority of Israel being scattered among the Gentiles.

Yet there is a 'kingdom' formed by Christ Jesus and His, upon this earth, which began to be established after Jerusalem was destroyed by the Romans. And I mean a specific earthly location as that 'foundation', even though it spiritually includes all believers on Christ Jesus in all nations. Christ's enemies have tried many times, but as of yet have been unable to destroy this specific kingdom foundation by The Gospel that's here on earth still today. I will not reveal it's location on earth today, because there are too many on this forum that are against it, being jealous of it.

The weightier issue is, the establishing of this specific kingdom on earth by The Gospel is Bible prophecy. And once again, I'm not speaking only of a spiritual concept of believers in all nations, but about a specific location as its foundation on earth still today.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Sure we can try and split this war into two events, but I don't think that is realistic at all.  If we see two wars here, then Israel is attacked from the north and repents during the time of a great earthquake, then is attacked from the north again, then repents again during the time of another great earthquake.   On both occasions the soldiers start attacking eachother, and there is a great feast of birds, and the nations then know God.  

I feel to fit two such wars into the future is pretty far-fetched.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

Salty,

The Gog/Magog event is set for the time of Armageddon on the 7th Vial. That's what I believe, because the Gog/Magog prophecies in Ezek.39 involve the gathering of the lost ten tribes of the "house of Israel" with Judah and the "supper of the great God" event of Revelation. Back in Ezek.37 we were shown about the putting together of the two sticks, the two houses of Israel that are still separate today being joined back together in the holy lands.

Per the Daniel prophecy, the Antichrist makes a "league" (Dan.11) at the start of his coming to power in Jerusalem. That represents the start of the first half of the "one week" of Dan.9:27, which is equal to 1260 days, or 3.5 years. It's after that first half that he then sets up the "abomination of desolation" idol in Jerusalem, which begins the last half of the "one week", which is also 1260 days.

But our Lord Jesus said He shortened that latter half period. Do you know what to? Five months.

Salty

Prophecy cannot be changed.  First half of the week is 3 1/2 years, 42 months or 1260 days.  The second half of the week is 3 1/2 years, 42 months or 1,260 days.  This is set in concrete, it is prophetic.  Christ cannot shorten what He has already given or determined in prophecy,  That is why there were prophets.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Salty,

Salty

Prophecy cannot be changed.  First half of the week is 3 1/2 years, 42 months or 1260 days.  The second half of the week is 3 1/2 years, 42 months or 1,260 days.  This is set in concrete, it is prophetic.  Christ cannot shorten what He has already given or determined in prophecy,  That is why there were prophets.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Have you not read this? --

Matt.24:21-22

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Our Lord Jesus did not change the 'events'... of the Daniel prophecy, which will still occur as written, but He did... shorten the time of that "great tribulation" as written there. Notice I said the 'events' He did not change, but the length of the tribulation He did change. And that means the latter 1260 day period which is when that "great tribulation" will be.

It has been shortened to "five months". Where do I get that? From Rev.9, because that "five months" is how long the locusts are given to 'sting' those not sealed with God's sealing.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

Salty

Dan 9:24 - Seventy sevens have been decreed for your people and your holy city.

This cannot be changed.

You need to look in another direction for the days being shortened, for it does not mean what you are saying it means.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Salty

Dan 9:24 - Seventy sevens have been decreed for your people and your holy city.

This cannot be changed.

You need to look in another direction for the days being shortened, for it does not mean what you are saying it means.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Since our Lord Jesus Christ did... shorten the time, like HE said, then you go directly against what He said, and the Matt.24 Scripture.

So you're not just disagreeing with me, you are disagreeing with our Lord Jesus Christ, for there is no other way of interpretation of what He said there in Matt.24:22, "... for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened".