• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

One light,

I remember Hal Lindsey interpreting this as china coming across to fight the antichrist, but I do not believe the passage you cited says that. Do you?

It sounds more like friends coming to the "party."

I sure hope I am missing a smiley in your post ... a party? Read the verses again. If that is what you consider a party, please don't invite me.  :thumbsup:

Also, consider what follows next with the 7th bowl.

Revelation 16:17-21

Then the seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, and a loud voice came out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, “It is done!” And there were noises and thunderings and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such a mighty and great earthquake as had not occurred since men were on the earth. Now the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell. And great Babylon was remembered before God, to give her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of His wrath. Then every island fled away, and the mountains were not found. And great hail from heaven fell upon men, each hailstone about the weight of a talent. Men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail, since that plague was exceedingly great.

I see God is giving out wine, but not the kind you would want served at a party, is it?

But to answer your question, scripture states "so that the way of the kings from the east might be prepared" ... that could be all the kings east of Israel. I think good ol' Hal was thinking of the 6th trumpet (Rev. 9:16) and the 200 million army, since China boasts of an army of 200,000,000.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,206
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Spock,

I do see all nations coming against Israel & then against the Lord.

`I will gather all nations down to the valley of Jehoshaphat...`  (Joel 3: 2)  (after they have gathered north of Israel at Armageddon.)

`let the nations be aroused & come up to the valley of Jehoshaphat for there I will sit to judge...`  (Joel 3: 12)

Interesting to note - down & come up - obviously surrounding Jerusalem.

Then there is  Rev: 16: 14 which we all know.

`the kings of the whole world....gathered together to the place....called Armageddon.`

`And the winepress was trodden outside the city & blood came out from the wine press, up to the horses` bridles, for a distance of 200 miles.` (Rev. 14: 20)

`and Jerusalem will be trampled underfoot by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.`  (Luke 21: 24)

Also  `Why are the nations in an uproar, & the peoples devising a vain thing? The kings of the earth take their stand, & the rulers take counsel together against the Lord & His Anointed;....`  (Ps. 2 : 1 & 2)

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Good catch Marilyn to reference the Joel passage to answer that question. Clap clap

One light: by putting party in quotes I tried to show an emphasis on that word indicating it is not to be taken literally. I can't use smiley faces on my ipad so I have to be creative. Just to be clear, party was meant to mean, all these nations coming down for one purpose - kick some Israeli butt.

Hi Spock,

Nice discussing to get clarity. Now just to clear up this point as I see it is rather hindering your understanding of `all the nations.` You said in post #86 -

`However as previously cited by me, maybe the whole world here means whole known world pretty much limited to the Middle East.`

Let`s have a clear look. In Daniel we see God giving king Nebuchadnezzar rule over all the earth, the people, the animals & birds etc. We know he only ruled in the Middle East. Does that make God a liar. Definitely not. King Neb. could have taken his armies to India, China or South Africa etc & he would have ruled there by God`s decree, but he chose to stay in the `known world.`

It is different today as those nations that rule can go into every part of the world & with the technology of today control is only a switch away. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Hi Salty,

Just a small point here. You said -

`...Armageddon will start & end in probably no more than `one hour.`

Actually it is a campaign over quite a long time.  The Greek word for `battle,` `Polemos,` indicates a campaign that will extend over a large area & a great period of time. The gathering of the world`s armies starts at the great plain of Armageddon near the Mount of Megiddo & would stretch from the Mediterranean Sea across to the Jordan valley. From there the armies will travel through Israel as the Lord brings them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat (Joel 3: 2) till they encompass Jerusalem which will eventually be overwhelmed, conquered & looted. Two-thirds of the whole nation of Israel will be slain. (Zech. 13: 8 - 14: 2  & Luke 21: 20)  

I wasn't talking about 6th vial timing, which is what you're talking about. When the actual battle takes place is with Christ's coming. That's the "one hour" I refer to, the "same hour" of Rev.11 between the 6th trumpet - 2nd woe ending and the 7th trumpet - 3rd woe coming very quickly, as it says there.

Revelation 16:12-16

Then the sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up, so that the way of the kings from the east might be prepared. And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs coming out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. For they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

“Behold, I am coming as a thief. Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame.”

And they gathered them together to the place called in Hebrew, Armageddon.

And if you'll notice, that gathering time is on the 6th vial, not the 7th vial. The actual battle takes place on the 7th vial with Christ's coming.

One light,

I remember Hal Lindsey interpreting this as china coming across to fight the antichrist, but I do not believe the passage you cited says that. Do you?

It sounds more like friends coming to the "party."

Even though the word "Armageddon" is from Hebrew for the hill of Megiddo, it's interesting that it is rendered in the Greek there using two words that mean 'to surround' and 'to pour out'.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Hi Spock,

Nice discussing to get clarity. Now just to clear up this point as I see it is rather hindering your understanding of `all the nations.` You said in post #86 -

`However as previously cited by me, maybe the whole world here means whole known world pretty much limited to the Middle East.`

Let`s have a clear look. In Daniel we see God giving king Nebuchadnezzar rule over all the earth, the people, the animals & birds etc. We know he only ruled in the Middle East. Does that make God a liar. Definitely not. King Neb. could have taken his armies to India, China or South Africa etc & he would have ruled there by God`s decree, but he chose to stay in the `known world.`

It is different today as those nations that rule can go into every part of the world & with the technology of today control is only a switch away.

Marilyn,

As I have previously stated, I'm not dogmatic about GLOBAL rule or not. I started a thread saying it MAY not be global and cited proof through scripture as to why it may not be global. However, I don't really know for sure. It may or it may not be. I leave it at that. I'm content in my uncertainty on this issue.

Hi Spock,

I saw your thread & have read it. There is no `proof through scripture` as you have just said, just man`s opinions.There is God`s word for `all the earth,` & there is man`s choice to only rule in a part of it.  `May God`s word be true & every man a liar.` Heard that somewhere.

Keep studying but try to look from God`s perspective & not from man`s. God gave authority. Man didn`t fully use it.

Hi Spock,

Just a note on the link you had regarding `the Middle East.` Did you realise that the writer said -

`So again we see that the Biblical writer`s `world ` was limited.....`  

Who is the Biblical writer? Yes the Holy Spirit.

Is He limited in His world view? I think not, as He made the world.

`It did not include Tokyo, Los Angeles....`

Who said the Holy Spirit had to include those, which obviously were not around then. But we do know that the Holy Spirit gave us a full understanding of all the Gentile Rulers of the world.

TRUTH: - God gave Nebuchadnezzar rule over all the earth.

FACT: - Nebuchadnezzar had free will. He chose not to extend his rule further than the Middle East.

You may think I labour this point but at some point in our honest seeking to accurately handle God`s word we need to believe what God has said & use the common sense He has given us.  And we should not try to bring God`s word down to `the biblical writer`s world view,` meaning man & not the Hoy Spirit who actually wrote His word.

I speak strongly for I don`t like wiffle woffle or seeing people `tossed to & fro.`  (generally speaking)

Marilyn still with hands outstretched in friendship. :emot-handshake: