IGNORED

What are your thoughts on baptism and what are the verses that support

gigman7

Guest Jesse

This born again thing worries me a lot.

True christians are born again spiritually;and that is the renewing of the mind.

The concept of thinking is of Christ, not of the world.

We are only born again in the physical form when we are born out of Mother Zion.

She will give birth to Her children at the resurrection.

This is when we are born again in spirit form.(isaiah 66:8).

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

You do not need to be baptised to be saved - the dying thief is ample testimony to that! However, if one is saved and one has the opportunity to be baptised it is unthinkable that such a person would refuse. Clearly Jesus Christ commands baptism, and clearly he also says,  John 14:15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments." to profess conversion but to refuse baptism is to say to Jesus, "I don't really love you enough to do the things that I know will please you!"

Hi RB--

I do agree with your post, as well as most of the thoughts on this thread. I however have run across people whom were Baptised as infants, later in life coming to Christ. They truely struggle with the thought of being "re-baptised". It seems more of an indoctrinal thought process from their youth and teaching growing up.

The young Brother in Christ whom I am currently mentouring is struggling with this as well, he feels it's wrong to be Baptised again since Scripture states "one Baptism". I think we just need to keep this in mind.

Any thoughts?

Thank You

JF

Hey JF, baptism should always come AFTER belief in Jesus if we were to follow Scripture. Being baptized as a child/infant is the same in my view as a dedication of a local church to teach the child the ways of God in the BIble. Just a few thoughts. Hope this helps.

God bless, 

GE

Hey GE--

Brother I couldn't agree more. Every time I ask him about baptism he gets real nervous and just says "I don't know, then what was the baptism I recieved as an infant?" He was raised Lutheran (as I was)  with that belief system and it's hard to shake. I have NO reservations that he is saved--I try and reason from Acts 19 and other Scriptures but he doesn't see it so I don't want to press and "cause a Brother to stumble" if you know what I mean.

I've been down this road before and it seems it just takes time -- in the Word and with direction -- but I know he loves Christ and I have seen the change in his life. So I just keep praying.

GE -- God has given you a lot of wisdom and I highly respect your posts. THANKS for responding.

God Bless Brother

JF

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

Hey GE--

Brother I couldn't agree more. Every time I ask him about baptism he gets real nervous and just says "I don't know, then what was the baptism I recieved as an infant?" He was raised Lutheran (as I was)  with that belief system and it's hard to shake. I have NO reservations that he is saved--I try and reason from Acts 19 and other Scriptures but he doesn't see it so I don't want to press and "cause a Brother to stumble" if you know what I mean.

I've been down this road before and it seems it just takes time -- in the Word and with direction -- but I know he loves Christ and I have seen the change in his life. So I just keep praying.

GE -- God has given you a lot of wisdom and I highly respect your posts. THANKS for responding.

God Bless Brother

JF

Thanks for the encouragement brother. ;)

Honestly, one of the hardest things for me at least is allowing the Holy Spirit to be Holy Spirit in other people's lives. We can point them to the truth as found in God's Word but it's really up to the Holy Spirit to teach them. :thumbsup:

God bless,

GE

Guest Geoff Primanti

I would say that baptism in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth has the power to save if it is not the only initiation into the Christian faith to bring salvation.  Acts 2:38-39.  I would also say that the conditional promise of the verse I just referenced is to as many as the Lord our God shall call.

I have known people who have not been baptized this way who for all practical purposes appear to me to be saved; however man looks on the outward appearance and only God knows the heart.

However in Acts 2:38 both remission of sins (KJV) and the Holy Ghost are promised if the condition of the promise be fulfilled.

Matthew 10:32-33 factors into this very heavily in my opinion.

Edited by Geoff Primanti