• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/02/1983

Okay...so...

I dont know much about this topic...but what I would like to know is...

HOW DO WE KNOW WHO THE BRIDE IS OR WHAT SHE IS LIKE??

I understand the bride to be the Church....and every Christian I know, refers to themselves as Jesus' bride....but is there somewhere in the bible to find a description of the ACTUAL bride of Christ.

Is there a plan for Jesus to even be married when he gets here and maybe start a family and procreate like the rest of us on earth?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

I understand the bride to be the Church....and every Christian I know, refers to themselves as Jesus' bride....but is there somewhere in the bible to find a description of the ACTUAL bride of Christ.

I don't think there is a description specifically addressing this however there are a number of passages that describe it. One would be "By this shall all people know you are my disciples if you have love one for another" and "And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers"

Is there a plan for Jesus to even be married when he gets here and maybe start a family and procreate like the rest of us on earth?

I don't believe that is the case. I don't take it that we calling us the bride is meant to be taken literally. It is a illustration.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Okay...so...

Hi Tiffany.check this out.

http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/bible-verses-about-the-bride-of-christ/

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/02/1983

Revelation 19:7-9 - Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

This passage is one that brings warmth to my heart ....

Thank u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Rev. 19:7b-8 for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready. v8 And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.. v14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, followed Him on white horses.

The saints referred to are not necessarily those cannonized by the church. They are everybody who has given their lives to God and fully dedicated themselves to Him and His service. They are all true Christians, living and dead, who love Him and love one another.

There is never any mention of Jesus procreating or engaging in sex. That sounds like the belief of the mormon cults. It is not a Christian belief and is not in the Bible.

There is no marrying and giving in marriage in heaven but we will be like (similar to) the angels. We will have glorified heavenly incorruptible spiritual bodies like that of the risen Christ. 1 Cor. 15:42-49

During the 1000 years reign of Christ there will be people with earthly bodies who survived the tribulation, probably Jewish, who will in habit the earth and procreate, but they are not part of the bride of Christ spoken of here. Those who love the Lord and remain faithful to Him may become part of the New Jeruselem--I really don't know. All I know for sure is that upon death of this body our souls of true believers will be with the Lord for eternity.

The church is often called the bride of Christ, and there are comparisons of the church to a bride, as in Jesus parable about the wise and foolish virgins, but scripture indicates that the bride of Christ is not the church, but the city, New Jerusalem, and the church is actually guests at the wedding. 

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.  Revelation 21:2

And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.  And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God.  Revelation 21:9,10

your post made me think of Matt 22.

The church is often called the bride of Christ, and there are comparisons of the church to a bride, as in Jesus parable about the wise and foolish virgins, but scripture indicates that the bride of Christ is not the church, but the city, New Jerusalem, and the church is actually guests at the wedding. 

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.  Revelation 21:2

And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.  And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God.  Revelation 21:9,10

your post made me think of Matt 22.

That is what I was referring to when I mentioned the church being guests at the wedding.  We are also referred to as the body of Christ in scripture, and Jesus is the head of the body.  These are comparisons to make a point, but I believe the bride of Christ is New Jerusalem, based on what it says in Revelation. 

yes I agree and like Matt 22 the first rejected the invitation to the wedding then any and all were invited similar to how Gentiles ( church ) was called after the first rejected the invitation.Thanks for the verses and better understanding.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,206
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Tiffany,

Nice to see you here at Worthy. Canadian ay. I do so love that accent. Also we are Commonwealthers.

Now to your question, - `How do we know who the bride is or what she is like?` Interesting question as it has misused for many years.

Let`s look at God`s word.

`God is talking to Israel ...`Shout for joy....fear not.....For your husband is your Maker,.....like a wife forsaken & grieved in spirit ....I forsook you but with great compassion I will gather you.`  (Isa. 54: 1 - 7)

`And I saw that for all the adulteries of faithless Israel, I had sent her away & given her a writ of divorce....` (Jer. 3: 8)

The book of Hosea shows us how God treated Israel as  a `husband` watching over, being faithful, caring, a covenantal relationship, yet Israel was faithless. So there was a `divorce,` for awhile, then God (through Jesus` sacrifice) atones for Israel & `marries` again the `wife.` (Rev. 19: 7)

This is God`s purpose with Israel in time, with the symbol of the `bride, wife,` as His covenantal relationship with them.

Then there is the eternal purpose of God with regard to the New Jerusalem which is also referred to as a `bride.` This is also a symbol of God`s wonderful  relationship with His people. (Rev. 21)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/12/1986

Okay...so...

He is not going in my understanding going to find woman to marry her, why would He need to do this, He made the world without doing this, He does not need a help mate, which was the original purpose for woman.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jesse

Tiffany.

The bride of Jesus is symbolic.

The true church without spot is the bride;

and the true followers are the ones invited to the wedding.

There is Mother Zion in heaven that is God's woman.(symbolically).

This is God's doctrine. And there is the daughter of Zion which is Jesus teachings.

His true church,and we are his children,born out of that true church.

The Son of God will be united with His true church once the thousand years are finished.

This is a long story.

Have a nice day.