IGNORED

Where is the Body of Christ in the Millennium?

Marilyn C

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

My only answer to all this is, with no discussion nor debate ... the body of Christ will be right where He wants them to be.

There is no debate if you are talking about a tiny remnant.

But do you really think the body of Christ is right where Jesus wants it, when nearly half of the church must believe the other nearly half of the church - to necessarily be nearly 100% in error regarding their understanding of the book of Revelation (after chapter 3) - since a 1900 year gulf separates the two popular views?

What might be revealed when we take the traditional historicist approach to Bible prophecy, of all Christians and Jews to Old Testament prophecy, and the first 1800 years of the church and those great men of God of the Reformation, to New Testament prophecy?

Someone might get the wrong impression that you can square your claim with 2 Thessalonians 2:3, in spite of what has been going on in the institutional "church" and its apostasy and interfaith pluralism.

I have faith that those who are His will be much more obedient, and there will be far less questions, during the Millennium. Those who are His, yet have died and raptured will always obey. Things will be very much different after He returns.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,235
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi PeteWaldo,

You said -

`But do you really think the body of Christ is right where Jesus wants it, when nearly half of the church must believe the other nearly half of the church - to necessarily be nearly 100% in error regarding their understanding of the book of Revelation (after chapter 3) - since a 1900 year gulf separates the two popular views?`

Now remember our Lord`s words -

`..when He , the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all the truth;....` (John 16: 13)

Looking back over history we can see that the Lord, the Head of the Body of Christ has guided the Holy Spirit in revealing different truths to us. The main one that will bring us to the Unity of Faith, is in relation to eschatology & His eternal Purposes. That is why, as you so rightly said, believers think differently on these topics. However as we listen to the Holy Spirit, discuss, share, these truths will become clearer to us all. It is not just for our intellectual benefit that the Lord is revealing truth to us, but it is so we will not be tossed to & fro by every wind of doctrine, & also, most importantly, that we will grow up into knowing Him -

`..until we all attain to the unity of the faith, & of the knowledge of the son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the statue which belongs to the fullness of Christ.` (Eph. 4: 13)

Blessings, Marilyn.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, PeteWaldo.

Finally, “Great Tribulation” is NOT A LABEL for some 3.5-year time period!!! The Greek is simply “thlipsis megalee” and means a “huge pressure.” And, I would say that almost 2,000 years of “pressure” put upon the children of Israel is pretty “huge," isn’t it?

I agree, and will remain humbly honored to be my brother John's companion in THE tribulation (NKJV contains the definite article as in the Koine Greek):

Rev 1:9 I, John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

So if there was to be a "pre-trib" "rapture" it seems it would have had to have preceded John's pen.

And I will also be humbly honored to remain his brother and companion in THE kingdom of Jesus Christ (KJV includes the definite article in the Koine Greek):

Rev 1:9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

I believe the 20th century is the period indicated as being of greater tribulation than any other period, WITH 60 million killed in WW2 alone, including 8 million Jews in the Holocaust!

I will remain my John's brother in THE kingdom of Jesus Christ, unless Jesus prophesied falsely:

Mat 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom. 

Mar 9:1 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

Luk 9:27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

Just a few thoughts: First, don’t think that the definite article in the Greek language works quite the same way as the definite article in English. We also find the definite article on Ieesous (Jesus), Theos (God), and thanatos (death), to name a few. The word MAY mean a specific thing, but it frequently does not.

Do not be taken in by the arguments of the amillennialists, who are frequently preterists, as well. Matthew 16:28 was FULFILLED in the very next chapter!

Matthew 16:28-17:9

28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
17:1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.
4 Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
6 And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.
7 And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.
8 And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only.
9 And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the VISION to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.
KJV

Yeshua` Himself called the experience of the transfiguration a “VISION!” That is, it was a VIEW into the FUTURE of what was to transpire when the Son of man returned and became King of His Kingdom!

(Remember this too: neither chapter divisions nor verse divisions are inspired. They were added in the 13th and 16th centuries, respectively, for easier reference within the books. Even some of the books that are today thought separate were originally one book! Some examples are 1&2 Chronicles and Ezra, 1&2 Samuel and1&2 Kings, and the Torah (consisting of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy).

Even in the other two synoptic Gospels, it becomes clear in the wording:

Mark 9:1-10
1 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.
2 And after six days Jesus taketh with him Peter, and James, and John, and leadeth them up into an high mountain apart by themselves: and he was transfigured before them.
3 And his raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller on earth can white them.
4 And there appeared unto them Elias with Moses: and they were talking with Jesus.
5 And Peter answered and said to Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
6 For he wist not what to say; for they were sore afraid.
7 And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.
8 And suddenly, when they had looked round about, they saw no man any more, save Jesus only with themselves.
9 And as they came down from the mountain, he charged them that they should tell no man what things they had seen, till the Son of man were risen from the dead.
10 And they kept that saying with themselves, questioning one with another what the rising from the dead should mean.
KJV

Luke 9:27-36
27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.
28 And it came to pass about an eight days after these sayings, he took Peter and John and James, and went up into a mountain to pray.
29 And as he prayed, the fashion of his countenance was altered, and his raiment was white and glistering.
30 And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias:
31 Who appeared in glory, and spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem.
32 But Peter and they that were with him were heavy with sleep: and when they were awake, they saw his glory, and the two men that stood with him.
33 And it came to pass, as they departed from him, Peter said unto Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias: not knowing what he said.
34 While he thus spake, there came a cloud, and overshadowed them: and they feared as they entered into the cloud.
35 And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.
36 And when the voice was past, Jesus was found alone. And they kept it close, and told no man in those days any of those things which they had seen.
KJV

Thus, the “some standing here” were Peter, James, and John! Remember: Yeshua` (Jesus) also said this:

Luke 19:11-28
11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.
12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.
14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.
16 Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.
17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.
19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.
20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:
21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.
22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:
23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?
24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.
25 (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)
26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.
27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
28 And when he had thus spoken, he went before, ascending up to Jerusalem.
KJV

and ...

Matthew 25:31-34
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
KJV

Furthermore, for as many times as He is called the “Christ” or the “Messiah,” which both mean the “Anointed (to BECOME King)", He is NEVER called “King” or “Melekh” until He is mentioned in prophecy. Even called “the King of the Jews” on several occasions, the Jews would have nothing of it and even tried to have it changed by Pilate on His “list of charges” over His head on the cross.

Yeshua` did not prophesy falsely; however, He is frequently misunderstood and often misquoted!

Finally, regarding Revelation 1:9, to WHOM was Yochanan (John) writing?

Revelation 1:1-11
1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
KJV

So, he was not writing to just anyone! He was SPECIFICALLY TOLD to send his scroll to the seven called-out assemblies which are in Asia (Minor), today known as Turkey! Yeshua` even NAMED them for him so there was no mistake!

Therefore, when Yeshua` wrote: "I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ,” he was specifically referring to the members of these seven called-out assemblies! Yochanan (John) was in the first century; the seven called-out assemblies were in the first century! Thus, there was a REASON why he is specifically calling himself "your brother, and companion in tribulation!” He suffered the SAME PERSECUTION BY ROME as they did!

Also, one needs to look at the Greek:

Apokalupsis Ieesou Christou 1:9
9 Egoo Iooannees, ho adelfos humoon kai sugkoinoonos en tee thlipsei kai basileia kai hupomonee en Ieesou, egenomeen en tee neesoo tee kaloumenee Patmoo dia ton logon tou Theou kai teen marturian Ieesou.
The Greek New Testament (UBS)

9 Egoo = 9 I

Iooannees, = Yochanan/John,

ho = the

adelfos = brother

humoon = of-you-all

kai = and/also

sugkoinoonos = a-co-participant

en = in

tee = the

thlipsei = tribulation/pressure

kai = and/also

basileia = royalty

kai = and/also

hupomonee = a-cheerful-confident-endurance

en = in

Ieesou, = Yeshua`/Jesus,

egenomeen = was

en = in

tee = the

neesoo = island

tee = the-one

kaloumenee = called/named

Patmoo = Patmos

dia = through

ton = the

logon = Word

tou = of-the

Theou = God

kai = and/also

teen = of-the

marturian = testimony/evidence

Ieesou. = of-Yeshua`/Jesus.

9 I Yochanan/John, the brother of-you-all and/also a-co-participant in the tribulation/pressure and/also royalty and/also a-cheerful-confident-endurance in Yeshua`/Jesus, was in the island the-one called/named Patmos through the Word of-the God and/also of-the testimony/evidence of-Yeshua`/Jesus.

NT:932 basileia (bas-il-i'-ah); from NT:935; properly, royalty, i.e. (abstractly) rule, or (concretely) a realm (literally or figuratively):
KJV - kingdom,  reign.

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

Although “basileia” MAY be interpreted concretely as “a kingdom,” that is, “a realm” over which one rules, it properly means “royalty,” and abstractly, it means “rule."

Now back to my question -

`Where does it say in God`s word that the Body of Christ comes back to earth for the Millennium?`

Who can show me please? Marilyn.

Shalom, PeteWaldo.

My only answer to all this is, with no discussion nor debate ... the body of Christ will be right where He wants them to be.

There is no debate if you are talking about a tiny remnant.

But do you really think the body of Christ is right where Jesus wants it, when nearly half of the church must believe the other nearly half of the church - to necessarily be nearly 100% in error regarding their understanding of the book of Revelation (after chapter 3) - since a 1900 year gulf separates the two popular views?

What might be revealed when we take the traditional historicist approach to Bible prophecy, of all Christians and Jews to Old Testament prophecy, and the first 1800 years of the church and those great men of God of the Reformation, to New Testament prophecy?

Someone might get the wrong impression that you can square your claim with 2 Thessalonians 2:3, in spite of what has been going on in the institutional "church" and its apostasy and interfaith pluralism.

Just a quick thought: What if BOTH popular views are both correct and incorrect? The amillennial preterist view is correct about the tribulation starting in the first century, but it is wrong about it ending in the first century. The premillennial futurist view is correct about the tribulation ending in the future at the return of the Messiah, but it is wrong about it beginning 3.5 or 7 years before that point. And, the only way that could be true is if the tribulation is NOT restricted to a single Seven (“Week”) of years.

That’s NOT impossible if one accepts that the Seven was broken in half with a “desolation,” and the single Coming of the Messiah that everyone thought would happen became TWO Comings, the First Advent of the first century and the Second Advent of the future (not that God didn’t already foretell the two Comings in prophecy). Yeshua` Himself - the Messiah - broke the Seven in half when He left Yerushalayim “desolate” (Matthew 23:38). HE put the gap in the middle of the Seven (Matthew 23:39). Now, the rabbis understand that there are TWO sets of prophecies about the Messiah: the prophecies of the Messiah the Son of Joseph, the suffering Messiah, and the prophecies of the Messiah the Son of David, the victorious Messiah. They have been debating for years - for centuries - for MILLENNIA - how the two sets of prophecies could be rectified. We who are believers in Yeshua` being the Messiah can understand the solution: The prophecies of the suffering Messiah were fulfilled in His First Coming - His First Advent. The prophecies of the victorious Messiah will be fulfilled in His Second Coming - His Second Advent.

Shalom, Marilyn C.

`Where does it say in God`s word that the Body of Christ comes back to earth for the Millennium?`

We’ve BEEN showing you, but you refuse to believe what we’ve been showing you! When the Messiah returns to be “King of the Jews” - the King of Y’hudah (Judah) - then King of Israel, and then King of Kings (World Emperor), the “Body of Christ” will be with Him because “so shall we ever be with the Lord!” It’s really quite simple logic. That’s not "the LORD" (“YHWH”); that’s the “Lord” (“Adonay”). The NT says Yeshua` is called the “Lord Jesus Christ” or the “Master Yeshua` the Messiah” ("Adonay Yeshua` haMashiach” in Hebrew). He is called the “King of Kings and Lord of Lords!” That’s the SAME TITLE that Nebuchadnezzar had in Ezekiel 26:7 and Daniel 2:37, and Artaxerxes had in Ezra 7:12. It is a title for a World Emperor! It is the title that Yeshua` (Jesus) will have, as predicted in 1 Timothy 6:15; Revelation 17:14; and Revelation 19:16.

Hi Retrobyter,

Thank you for your detailed reply. We have had some discussion already on some of this, however I will point out a Major error you have in your logic. You said -

`When the Messiah returns to be “King of the Jews”…then King of Israel, & then King of Kings (World Emperor,….` He (Jesus) is called “King of Kings & Lord of Lords” …..It is a title that Jesus WILL have, …..`

The scriptures tell us that the Lord Jesus Christ was King before His manifestation on earth.

`Jesus said….”My kingdom is not of this world…..
Pilate said, …You are a king?
Jesus answered, “You say correctly that I am a king. ` (John 18: 36 & 37)

Christ is King of Glory, (Ps. 24: 7 – 8) over all the attributes of Deity. These are the virtues of glory – holiness, righteousness, faithfulness, goodness, graciousness, lovingkindness (etc), thus presiding in Kingly dignity over all is the King of Glory.

Christ is King of Heaven. (Dan. 4: 37) Here Nebuchadnezzar acknowledges that there is a King of heaven. It is the Lord who has given him his authority & power. And it is `by Me kings reign.` (Prov. 8: 15) Showing that the King of all authority, rules from the realm of the highest heaven over the kings of the earth.

Christ is King of the Jews, (Matt. 2: 2) & Christ is King of Israel. (John 1: 47 – 49)

Christ is King of the Ages, (1 Tim. 1: 17) & Christ is King of Righteousness & Peace. (Heb. 7: 1 – 3)

Christ is now & ever has been King of Kings & Lord of Lords.

`the Lord Jesus Christ....He who IS the blessed & only Sovereign, the King of Kings & Lord of Lords; who alone possesses immortality & dwells in unapproachable light;....`(1 Tim. 6: 14 & 15)

Upon this King of kings is the stupendous task of administering the power which governs innumerable starry constellations, the myriads & hierarchies of angels, & the millions of believers whose immortal lives He guides & caters for. The retinue of His celestial court is awe-inspiring & we can only glimpse at the glory that is beyond our understanding.

So Retro, in your mind you may bring Christ to be on earth during the whole Millennium, but God`s word says that His Sovereignty is over all. And thus I believe, as the Apostle Paul tells us, that Christ is & ever shall be -

` ...far above ALL rule & authority & power & dominion, & every name that is named, not only in this age, BUT ALSO IN THE ONE TO COME.` (Eph. 1: 21)

Thus the Body of Christ will be with Him in the third heaven, the seat of His power & authority.

As regards, `so shall we ever be with the Lord.` This does not mean that millions & millions of believers physical trail along behind Him wherever He goes. But we are one in the spirit, of one mind as we are overseeing & being responsible sons in God`s great kingdom, throughout the universe & beyond.

Hope that explains my position clearer. Marilyn.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  09/28/1950

Hi Marilyn. It's a definite doctrine based on an indefinite plural. It fit in with the rest of John Darby's 19th century eschatological scheme, so he went with it. But if Darby's scheme were correct, since it is based on his understanding of the book of Daniel, then the book of Daniel would have had to have been unsealed and the "time of the end" begin, in the first half of the 19th century. This even though Darby's own doctrine suggests that the "time of the end" begins in the middle of his "7-year tribulation".

Perhaps a better question might be, didn't Jesus already build a temple for His people in three days, in the first century?

John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.  20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 21 But he spake of the temple of his body. 22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

I believe the scripture too.

Ephesians 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner [stone]; 21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

And what would Jesus be doing inhabiting a physical temple made by the hands of men?

Acts 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

Edited by PeteWaldo

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  09/28/1950

Shalom, Marilyn C.

We’ve BEEN showing you, but you refuse to believe what we’ve been showing you! When the Messiah returns to be “King of the Jews” - the King of Y’hudah (Judah) - then King of Israel, and then King of Kings (World Emperor), the “Body of Christ” will be with Him because “so shall we ever be with the Lord!” It’s really quite simple logic. That’s not "the LORD" (“YHWH”); that’s the “Lord” (“Adonay”). The NT says Yeshua` is called the “Lord Jesus Christ” or the “Master Yeshua` the Messiah” ("Adonay Yeshua` haMashiach” in Hebrew). He is called the “King of Kings and Lord of Lords!” That’s the SAME TITLE that Nebuchadnezzar had in Ezekiel 26:7 and Daniel 2:37, and Artaxerxes had in Ezra 7:12. It is a title for a World Emperor! It is the title that Yeshua` (Jesus) will have, as predicted in 1 Timothy 6:15; Revelation 17:14; and Revelation 19:16.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Hi Argosy,

Remember you said this in post #107 -

`5. You use the words "not plausible". It is plausible. Just because we are "surrounded" does not mean we are "contained", the bible does not use the word contained. I agree we cannot be contained. We are free to leave but have no reason to leave because we know that God will destroy them. Its possible that you find evidence for your position elsewhere in the bible, and I am open to it, but Rev 20:7-10 does not contain any information that can help your case.`

Glad to see you are `open` to other evidence that I believe Jesus does not stay on earth during the Millennium. You would be familiar with what Jesus said in John 5 concerning the authority the God the Father has given Him.

`For not even the Father judges anyone, but He has given ALL JUDGMENT TO THE SON. (John 5: 23)

The point I am bringing out is if you say Jesus (& the Body of Christ) are in Jerusalem at the end of the millennium, surrounded by Satan & the nations, then why does not Jesus bring the judgment. He is apparently waiting as you said else where for God the Father to bring judgment. Do you see we have a contradiction there. Either the Father gave ALL judgment to the Son or He did not. What say you? 

Fair point,  I would then say its Jesus who calls fire down from heaven, and Jesus sits on the great white throne in judgment. No problem with that. Jesus could be in Jerusalem or in heaven at that time.  But we can also look at the Greek where the word for all often means "all types of".    

I believe Jesus and us saints will have acces to both heaven and earth during the millenium, I don't believe its restrictive in any manner, for we are citizens of the Jerusalem above and also dwell in the earthly "camp of the saints". 

When I read Rev 20 , I would associate the priesthood of the immortals (the resurrected) with us saved saints.  would associate the priesthood of Ezekiel 40-48 with mortal Jews.   Two groups have dominance during the millenium, firstly us resurrected saints, and secondly mortal Jews who have long life and blessing. 

Immortal resurrected saints:

Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

Blessed Jews:

Isaiah 65:

I will rejoice over Jerusalem

and take delight in my people;

the sound of weeping and of crying

will be heard in it no more.

20 “Never again will there be in it

an infant who lives but a few days,

or an old man who does not live out his years;

the one who dies at a hundred

will be thought a mere child