fremontdenver

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Fremontdenver you have been given some great advice here, 7thSeal, gave you one of my favorite verses.

But to answer you question one needs to do a little background check in I John and why it was written.  An honest believer will have to admit that John seems to be contradicting himself between these two passages of I John 1:7-10 and I John 3:6-10.  For in the first passage John is telling us that we all sin, yet in the passage you elude to he seems to say we don't sin.  Just from reading it in all honestly it contradict itself.

But the Book of I John was written to correct gnostic teaching.  Gnostic are the religious group that the Davinci Code was referring too, who taught many heresies.  Two teaching                    1] they taught were one's human spirit could not sin, in that it was spiritual; to which John addresses the following  passage:

7)   But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the Blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.

8)   If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9)   If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10) If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His Word is not in us.

I John 1:7-10

So here John is addressing the issue of the gnostic teaching that the human spirit could not sin. 

2] These gnostic also taught we had our flesh nature which only could do sin, sin, sin and keep right on sinning 

To which John addresses the passage of which you have ask, as many scholars will tell you, John is not talking about sinless perfection, but instead he is stating that a Christian does not live in habitual sinning.  In other words as these gnostic would go about not only sinning, but because their flesh was material, they glory in this sin, and yet stated their spirit was sinless.  To which John states of the physical flesh:

6)   Whoever abideth in Him sinneth not: whoever sinneth hath not seen Him neither knoweth Him.

7)   Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

8)   He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning.  For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

9)   Whoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

10)  In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

I John 3:6-10

Basically John is not stating we are to be sinless, but rather as Paul stated in Romans 6:12-22 we are not to go about because we are under grace yielding our bodies to every type of sin, Romans 6:12-22.

For we are sinners, saved by grace.  God doesn't want our righteousness, Isaiah 64:6.

29)  That no flesh should glory in His presence.

30)  But of Him are ye in Christ Jesus, who from God is made to us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

31)  That, according as it is written, he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

I Corinthians 1:29-31

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,678
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

Hi fremontdenver

And the closer You follow  Jesus  the less You will stress

God Bless

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

how is a person righteous in the eyes of god?

How did He say we are made righteous?

I waited a little while but couldn't keep quiet..  :)

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Said what we have been sayin in different words (verse), oh yes, we're on the same page, are you feeling me ;-)

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  01/09/1941

IF YOU WANT TO BE A RIGHTEOUS PERSON ;in the eyes of God then have a look at all the people that were love by God for their righteousness it will surely help you ,to understand what it really means to be righteous in the eyes of God ,

to my understanding Christ did not die for us to become righteous but free of the curse of dead that is laying on top of our heads sins Adam sin ,

righteousness is the opposite of wickedness and both can be achieved by all of us   if we so chose ,

IF YOU WANT TO BE A RIGHTEOUS PERSON ;in the eyes of God then have a look at all the people that were love by God for their righteousness it will surely help you ,to understand what it really means to be righteous in the eyes of God ,

to my understanding Christ did not die for us to become righteous but free of the curse of dead that is laying on top of our heads sins Adam sin ,

righteousness is the opposite of wickedness and both can be achieved by all of us if we so chose ,

"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." 2 Cor. 5:21

Christ might not have primarily come to become our Righteousness, but it is all part of God's plan.

righteousness is the opposite of wickedness and both can be achieved by all of us if we so chose ,

"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." 2 Cor. 5:21

Christ might not have primarily come to become our Righteousness, but it is all part of God's plan.

hi

GE 6:9 These are the records of the generations of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless in his time; Noah walked with God.

1KI 8:32 then hear in heaven and act and judge Your servants, condemning the wicked by bringing his way on his own head and justifying the righteous by giving him according to his righteousness.

PS 1:5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, 
Nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous. 
PS 1:6 For the LORD knows the way of the righteous, 
But the way of the wicked will perish.

PS 34:17 The righteous cry, and the LORD hears 
And delivers them out of all their troubles.

PS 37:16 
Better is the little of the righteous 
Than the abundance of many wicked.

PR 10:32 The lips of the righteous bring forth what is acceptable, 
But the mouth of the wicked what is perverted. 

PR 11:8 The righteous is delivered from trouble, 
But the wicked takes his place.

MT 1:19 And Joseph her husband, being a righteous man and not wanting to disgrace her, planned

MT 13:17 “For truly I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

I believe that those scriptures are enough to support my claim ,if not there are 100 more ,

OK, I'll leave you with that.

hi

what you have to understand is that it is God that make or bring you to righteousness so that no man can claim to be righteous unless he becomes righteous in his own eyes in a way blind to himself 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,268
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

how is a person righteous in the eyes of god?           love

how is a person righteous in the eyes of god?  is it by faith in the blood shed by Christ on the cross or is it by obeying the commandments as best as possible?  i hope its the first because if its the latter that's all i think about obsessively all day long and I stop sleeping and eating as i worry obsessively about whether I'm righteous or not, not only that but cry six times a day and have panic attacks and scream because i am scared I'm not righteous enough

and what does 1 John 3:10 mean

i know i have been bad,  :( god save me!

~

Righteousness

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:33

Righteous

But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Right

As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. Psalms 103:12

Trust

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Romans 3:24-28

~

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing. Zephaniah 3:17

Our God Is An Awesome God

by Rich Mullins, October 21, 1955 – September 19, 1997

When He rolls up His sleeves

He ain't just putting on the ritz

(Our God is an awesome God)

There's thunder in His footsteps

And lightning in His fists

(Our God is an awesome God)

And the Lord wasn't joking

When He kicked 'em out of Eden

It wasn't for no reason

That He shed His blood