IGNORED

Gap in the last 70th week of the 70 weeks from the first 69?

FreeinChrist

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

See Luke 21. The "day of vengeance" of Isa.61:2 is for Christ's second coming on the Day of The Lord to end this present world.

Because the 70 weeks prophecy is especially given about Jerusalem and her people, that must be applied to the situation in Jerusalem. There's a coming false worship there for the end prior to our Lord Jesus' return, which is also what that 70 weeks prophecy is about. So 'iniquity' in Jerusalem will not be atoned for until Jesus' return.

So you're saying that "to make atonement for iniquity", in the context of the 70 weeks prophecy, applies to the Jews and Jerusalem and is not the same as Christ's atonement on the cross.  That makes sense to me.

That's right. See the first part of the Dan.9:24 verse.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

See Luke 21. The "day of vengeance" of Isa.61:2 is for Christ's second coming on the Day of The Lord to end this present world.

Because the 70 weeks prophecy is especially given about Jerusalem and her people, that must be applied to the situation in Jerusalem. There's a coming false worship there for the end prior to our Lord Jesus' return, which is also what that 70 weeks prophecy is about. So 'iniquity' in Jerusalem will not be atoned for until Jesus' return.

So you're saying that "to make atonement for iniquity", in the context of the 70 weeks prophecy, applies to the Jews and Jerusalem and is not the same as Christ's atonement on the cross.  That makes sense to me.

I do agree Salty.  I wasn't being sarcastic.  Things must be understood in context...like Rev 13:1 and 17:1

I do agree Salty.  I wasn't being sarcastic.  Things must be understood in context...like Rev 13:1 and 17:1

I know you weren't being sarcastic brother, I just thought you might have asked that as a question.

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

I'd like some thoughts as well on "to make atonement for iniquity" as being part of what the 70 weeks will accomplish.  I see this as being fulfilled in Christ's death, which, happened after the 62 weeks, if I understand it right.  I'm trying to reconcile this with a future seven year covenant.  Could it be that since the coming of the Messiah took place in the 62 weeks that that in itself is sufficient to cover what he would accomplish, and that His death doesn't necessarily have to fall within the 70 weeks?  Thoughts?

Last Daze

1. When The commandment came from Cyrus to rebuild the temple, to the coming of the Messiah (would take 69 weeks in total)

2. And after three score and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, (Jesus Crucified on the 62nd week)

3. And the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary  (Romans, Titus did this in 70Ad, destroyed Jerusalem)

4. And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week (this week was during Jesus ministry to his death - 3 1/2 years)

5. And in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease (in that same week during Jesus 3 1/2 year ministry, he was killed.... no more animal sacrifices or offerings are required. New covenant now )

6. ...and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, (because they killed him, Jerusalem has no temple till now, and is desolate spiritually, this desolation (absence of truth)  will continue until his coming, when he is publicly crowned and given authority over all the nations, ..the consummation)

If you add it up there are only 69 weeks here in total.

But the angel told Daniel there are 70 weeks.

The missing week was when the angel spoke to Daniel till Cyrus gave the order to rebuild the temple.  One week had passed.

Daniel received the prophecy during the first year of Darius (the Medes), ...they were without a temple, and their holy city uninhabited (left in ruins by Babylon)

The purpose was to testify before hand to them that;

1.   the temple would be rebuilt,

2.  Jerusalem would be restored,

3.  Their Messiah would come, then be be cut off from them,

4.  The temple and Jerusalem would be destroyed again

5.  Desolations (spiritual darkness) would be determined...will happen for sure, and continue unto the end (the 2 coming)

Christ's death was within this 70 week time frame.

The future 7 year covenant has nothing to do with this prophecy.

the 7 years is from Daniel 8:13 (2300 days) just short of 7 years (6.4yrs)

This is from when the end time kingdom will rule (10 kings) on their own for a short while, with the false prophet emerging shortly after to the coming. (all wrapped up)

The false prophet will first have to appear, gain popularity with all the people of the world, show his miracles, preach his idea's to bring in a solution for peace, while rising to power.

When he is put in full power, he will only rule and have power over the the saints for 3 1/2 years. (Dan 7:25)

I hope this helps.

Edited by Sister

For the Dan.9 70 weeks prophecy to be correct, the final "one week" of v.27 has yet to be fulfilled. That means our Lord Jesus was cut off with the ending... of the 69th symbolic week (or seven).

All of the Dan.9:27 verse is about the final Antichrist in the last days that re-institute the daily sacrifice and building of another temple in Jerusalem via the "league" of Dan.11, and then in the middle of the "one week" will cause the end of the daily sacrifice and instead place an idol abomination for all to bow in false worship, the "image of the beast" per the end of Rev.13.

For the Dan.9 70 weeks prophecy to be correct, the final "one week" of v.27 has yet to be fulfilled. That means our Lord Jesus was cut off with the ending... of the 69th symbolic week (or seven).

All of the Dan.9:27 verse is about the final Antichrist in the last days that re-institute the daily sacrifice and building of another temple in Jerusalem via the "league" of Dan.11, and then in the middle of the "one week" will cause the end of the daily sacrifice and instead place an idol abomination for all to bow in false worship, the "image of the beast" per the end of Rev.13.

Salty

If you read my post, you did not understand it.

70 weeks were determined from the day the angel spoke to Daniel.

The temple was not ordered to be rebuilt that day by Cyrus, because time went by before he gave the order and even financed it.

So after the one week passed, there are only 69 weeks left.

The final week is really the 70th week.

There's a whole new doctrine being spread about this 70th week, and it was already fulfilled when Jerusalem was destroyed in 70AD.

This is strange wine that many are drinking.

There are hundreds of verses all throughout the old testament referring to the last days, to verify the things that are coming,

and this missing week has started a new doctrine, all because you can't work out where the missing week is, even when pointed out to you.

God wrote it the way he did, and hid it.  It's a hidden treasure, and when shared, trampled.

Edited by Sister

There's a whole new doctrine being spread about this 70th week, and it was already fulfilled when Jerusalem was destroyed in 70AD.

This is strange wine that many are drinking.

There are hundreds of verses all throughout the old testament referring to the last days, to verify the things that are coming,

and this missing week has started a new doctrine, all because you can't work out where the missing week is, even when pointed out to you.

God wrote it the way he did, and hid it.  It's a hidden treasure, and when shared, trampled.

This is what I disagreed with that you wrote:

Sister wrote:

"4. And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week (this week was during Jesus ministry to his death - 3 1/2 years)

5. And in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease (in that same week during Jesus 3 1/2 year ministry, he was killed.... no more animal sacrifices or offerings are required. New covenant now )

6. ...and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, (because they killed him, Jerusalem has no temple till now, and is desolate spiritually, this desolation (absence of truth)  will continue until his coming, when he is publicly crowned and given authority over all the nations, ..the consummation)"

no.4 - Jesus did not confirm 'any' covenant for a period of 7 years ("one week"). Instead, He offered The New Covenant represented by His Blood to His Apostles and disciples at the last supper, and then after His crucifixion commanded them to take The Gospel to all peoples. No 7 year limitation involved at all.

The Dan.9:27 verse is not about Jesus at all. It instead is about the false one that is to come in the end of this world just prior to Christ's 2nd coming. That is easily understood by its prophetic links to other Daniel witness involving the abomination of desolation event for the end of this world (like Dan.8; Dan.11; and Dan.12). The Romans in 70 A.D. never accomplished those parts of the Daniel prophecies involving that abomination setup in the temple.

no.5 - the sacrifices did not end in Jerusalem right after Christ's death on the cross. Even by your own words about the Romans in 70 A.D. you reveal sacrifices ended around 70 A.D. because of the destruction of the temple. Can't have it both ways.

no.6 - the overspreading of abominations event is about the "vile person" of Dan.11 that places the abomination that maketh desolate. The 'desolation' idea per that is NOT about the destruction of the temple. It is about the placing of an IDOL abomination that makes... the temple desolate spiritually. Thus it requires... a standing temple in Jerusalem for that to be fulfilled.

It's been how long now, since the 2nd temple was destroyed in Jerusalem? Around 1,944 years. That means the abomination of desolation prophecy is still yet to be fulfilled today.

This is what I disagreed with that you wrote:

Sister wrote:

"4. And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week (this week was during Jesus ministry to his death - 3 1/2 years)

6. ...and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, (because they killed him, Jerusalem has no temple till now, and is desolate spiritually, this desolation (absence of truth)  will continue until his coming, when he is publicly crowned and given authority over all the nations, ..the consummation)"

no.4 - Jesus did not confirm 'any' covenant for a period of 7 years ("one week"). Instead, He offered The New Covenant represented by His Blood to His Apostles and disciples at the last supper, and then after His crucifixion commanded them to take The Gospel to all peoples. No 7 year limitation involved at all.

Salty

First of all, where do you get 7 years = 1 week?  And where did I state that?

No where in these verses tells us that one week = 7 years?

Please refute what I said, and not what I did not say.

I said he confirmed the new covenant with his teachings for 3 1/2 years during his ministry.  I did not say 7yrs.

Secondly,

Those who repented, and followed Christ before his death, will receive the promises.  The rest of the gentiles after his death, for his testimony was complete at his death, but not the prophecy.  The prophecy ends at 70 weeks, not 62, and ends with the destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD.

Daniel 9:26   And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary;  and the end thereof shall be with a flood,

This is the end of Jerusalem. End of prophecy. Jerusalem Destroyed.  The flood came and swept them away.

.......and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

And as a consequence, desolations are determined.  More desolations getting worse and worse.

Can you give me your verses so I can see what it reads.

Thanks.

The Dan.9:27 verse is not about Jesus at all. It instead is about the false one that is to come in the end of this world just prior to Christ's 2nd coming. That is easily understood by its prophetic links to other Daniel witness involving the abomination of desolation event for the end of this world (like Dan.8; Dan.11; and Dan.12). The Romans in 70 A.D. never accomplished those parts of the Daniel prophecies involving that abomination setup in the temple.

Look who it's talking about in the verse before;

Daniel 9:26   And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Daniel 9:27   And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week:(he was preaching the covenant for 3 1/2 years, confirming it over and over)

The He is still speaking about the Messiah.  The one that was cut off.

Who else is going to confirm the covenant?  The new covenant, Not the old?  After all that's what it was all about -  A new covenant coming in which they rejected.

The false prophet?  I think not. It's not referring to the false prophet but referring to Christ the Messiah, this is where you go off track.  You are gettng the "He" mixed up, therefore interpreting the prophecy wrong.

Daniel 9:27......and in the midst of the week (during the same time of his preaching)

........he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease,(at his death, no more sacrifices required, he was the official sacrificed lamb, replacing all offerings. This is not the daily sacrifice.)

..........and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, (because of their abominations,..all the things they have done against God,..their ignorance, their jealousy, their pride, their lies, and finally their act of killing him ..God will make them desolate, not the false prophet, God will shut their eyes and put them into spiritual darkness, to be deluded, all the unbelieving ones.

............even until the consummation,   (even until the end when Christ is crowned King of Kings, and Lord of Lords publicly to the non believers, who never knew, they will be without knowledge, not knowing their Messiah came and went)

..............and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. (it was determined, planned that he would be rejected, Christ is their stumbling block, and them not accepting this are the desolate, unbelievers of Israel)

Brother, I hope you can see this with fresh eyes.

If not ,we just have to agree to disagree on another matter once again.

I've done my best to lay it all out on the table.

This particular prophecy is not going into the details of the false prophet, or daily sacrifice being taken away, or the abomination of desolation being set up. 

We all know those things will happen for sure.

It's just a prophecy for them back then, that the temple will be rebuilt, Jerusalem restored, the Messiah coming, and then being cut off from them (they would not of understood),

Jerusalem being destroyed again, temple gone again,

All in this time-frame of 70 weeks, from the rule of Darius the Mede to 70AD,....not 700 weeks or 7000 weeks,

and from this time of what they did, and what happened, spiritual darkness to the end. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

So I was just wondering how do those who believe in the Pre-Trib Rapture get a long period, will over 1000 years period between the end of the 69th week of Daniel 9:24-27 and the beginning of the 70th week?

For me it comes in the fact that in the middle of the week Messiah was cut off. So I believe that from the coming of Messiah to the cutoff of Messiah was a half of week and the Last half of the week comes with The Lords two Prophets at the end when they shut down the world and usher in the Kingdom of Christ for the remainder of the week. The gap is just the way the Lord decided to do it. from the time that the lords witnesses start their ministry to the second coming of the Lord will be 1335 days.