tff

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I answered you.  Yet, since I cannot playback my history to satisfy you, you rejected it.  Fez also answered you, yet you state that what happened years ago is irrelevant.   You were also requested to check out what the RCC states about salvation so you can better understand what is meant by who they consider saved and to better see how the teaching of purgatory is false, but you refuse to do so.  Now, are you going to answer my question or are you going to continue to dodge?

Guest Judas Machabeus

You need to provide valid Church sources not what some nun 40+ yrs ago taught or some parish in the Philippines taught. Last time I checked those two sources do not have the authority to speak for all of the RCC.

I have not refused to do anything.

You need to provide valid Church sources not what some nun 40+ yrs ago taught or some parish in the Philippines taught. Last time I checked those two sources do not have the authority to speak for all of the RCC.

I have not refused to do anything.

Yes you have.  You are refusing to answer my questions, which speaks very loudly to me about your knowledge of the RCC.

Guest Judas Machabeus

Lol. I asked you to show me where the RCC teaches that you have a second chance after death for salvation. This is your claim. The best you can do is a nun taught you 40+ yrs ago. And to back that up you use Fez's claim that some perish in the Philippines taught this.

Those two sources are not valid sources. You told me to read the Catechism which I did and it refutted what you said.

So I am not obligated to answer anything until you stop avoiding my request to you. Back up your claim.

Have it your way.  Your fruits are known.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  118
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/31/1950

The RCC teaching on purgatory stems from 2 Maccabees 12:46, where Judas Maccabeus made atonement for the dead, that they might be delivered from their sin.

Their belief is that some are purified in this life and others need further purification.

The RCC has always offered up prayers for the dead.

They also commend almsgiving, indulgences, and works of penance undertaken on behalf of the dead.

The RCC also quotes Job 1:5, as he would offer up burnt offerings for his sons in case any of them had sinned.

Job did this to purify his sons.

Whether one believes this to be true or not, I am quoting the Catholic Catechism on this.

Edited by Tiger Eye

The RCC teaching on purgatory stems from 2 Maccabees 12:46, where Judas Maccabeus made atonement for the dead, that they might be delivered from their sin.

Their belief is that some are purified in this life and others need further purification.

The RCC has always offered up prayers for the dead.

They also commend almsgiving, indulgences, and works of penance undertaken on behalf of the dead.

The RCC also quotes Job 1:5, as he would offer up burnt offerings for his sons in case any of them had sinned.

Job did this to purify his sons.

Whether one believes this to be true or not, I am quoting the Catholic Catechism on this.

All that you have mentioned is true, and the proof of what they teach on certain subjects is false.