IGNORED

Baptism

faith pleases God

Guest shiloh357

I think we need to differentiate between infant baptism and baptizing a child that has accepted Jesus as Savior. I think those two issues are getting muddled here.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/09/1941

Water baptism is a religious ritual that is not needed. To be saved, one must have faith that Jesus is Lord and God in the flesh. Romans 10:9.

In my honest opinion, it's very rare for a child to do this until they reach adulthood. But I'm not one to judge so...

No it is not a religious ritual.  It is an ordinance that Jesus commanded us to do.   It is needed because it is an act of obedience to the Lord.

Where does Jesus say water baptism is a requirement for faith salvation.

I didnt say it was a requirement for salvation.   It is a requirement because Jesus said to do it.  just because we are required to do it by Jesus doesn't mean it is necessary for salvation.   If you love Jesus, then being obedient in this area will not be a problem.

hi

and yes baptism is become a religion sectarian ritual ,not for God or his son ,but for the individual club ,to guarantee succession to the club, for like God and Christ have set up a club of their own made by men and for men ?

Christ himself as made disciples to which he made his father known ,and so make them to only worship the father and not him, since God is spirit and truth ,it obvious that they do not have any representation on earth that anyone can see as his ,but they both can have people that shines through the spirit of truth by having submit themselves to God without restriction ,those are the true believers  ,for they are true within their own soul ,and so belong to Christ and his father ;no human establishment needed for them ,GOD's truth is suffusion, no fear of dead,all fears have been gone ,for God is their savior through his son Jesus Christ ;not a religion ,amen .

to add, none of the religion today are baptizing the way they should any way ,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

and he did tell us that we should be baptized and I do think it is talking about water baptism if you read the whole paragraph.

that we should be baptized in water? Where in the paragraph does it say that.

Water baptism doesn't save anyone. However, Jesus 'water' baptized his disciples. The disciples water baptized new believers.

So my question is rather simple. Why do you object to water baptism? In scripture, new believers were shown to want to be water baptised.  

Acts 8:36-39

And as they were going along the road they came to some water, and the eunuch said, “See, here is water! What prevents me from being baptized?” And he commanded the chariot to stop, and they both went down into the water, Philip and the eunuch, and he baptized him. And when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord carried Philip away, and the eunuch saw him no more, and went on his way rejoicing.

Typically, the first act of obedience for a new believer is to be water baptized. It is a significant event because it is an act of obedience where it is usually the first time a new believer submits to a command of Jesus. It is also a time when the assembly of believers or a believer recognizes the faith of the new believer and the new believer is accepted as a member of the congregation of believers as a fellow brother in the Lord.

It is also a time when the new believer first publically declares their faith in Jesus, which is very very important. 

Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

Water baptism represents the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus and likewise represents the death, burial and resurrection ot new live of the new believer.

It represents a passing from having been ritually unclean to being clean and a member of the assembly of saints.  

So, why would you not want to be water baptized?  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,115
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

water baptism doesn't save you, but saved people do water baptism if/when they can because Jesus and the Apostles said to and did.

I don't see what is so much trouble to understand and how we can have such long threads about these things.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

They understand sin and repentance. They want to be baptized. They have given a declaration of faith in Christ. They believe they are to follow Christ with all of their hearts and can articulate this with sincerity.

I became a Believer at 7 and was baptized at 9.

My wife became a believer at 5 and was baptized at 7.

It is as the Lord leads. If they want to be baptized what is stopping them?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

Baptism is an act of faith where we allow God to bury our old sinful man, cleanse us from our sins and raise up in a new life that has been offered as a free gift. It is the Holy Spirit that cleanses us.

+1 I agree

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  653
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/26/1977

They understand sin and repentance. They want to be baptized. They have given a declaration of faith in Christ. They believe they are to follow Christ with all of their hearts and can articulate this with sincerity.

I became a Believer at 7 and was baptized at 9.

My wife became a believer at 5 and was baptized at 7.

It is as the Lord leads. If they want to be baptized what is stopping them?

Thank you! I agree.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  653
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/26/1977

water baptism doesn't save you, but saved people do water baptism if/when they can because Jesus and the Apostles said to and did.

I don't see what is so much trouble to understand and how we can have such long threads about these things.

I know. I was not expecting to have to defend baptism. I assumed that was a basic and elementary teaching in scripture. However, I am thankful because it has required me to have to research the scriptures and it has become abundantly clear what is right and my question is answered.

Guest Judas Machabeus

One key Scripture reference to being "born again" or "regenerated" is John 3:5, where Jesus says, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God." 

Early Christians uniformly identified this verse with baptism. Water baptism is the way, they said, that we are born again and receive new life—a fact that is supported elsewhere in Scripture (Rom. 6:3–4; Col. 2:12–13; Titus 3:5)

Guest shiloh357

One key Scripture reference to being "born again" or "regenerated" is John 3:5, where Jesus says, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God." 

Early Christians uniformly identified this verse with baptism. Water baptism is the way, they said, that we are born again and receive new life—a fact that is supported elsewhere in Scripture (Rom. 6:3–4; Col. 2:12–13; Titus 3:5)

Well early Christians were wrong.  Baptism doesn't bring us salvation.   Early Christians were not very good at hermeneutics.