faith pleases God

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

as MorningGlory wisely poinited out, the writings and interpretations of the roman group clearly oppose the teachings of Yeshua and the teachings of the apostles, 

even

when supposedly writing about the Bible or the teachings of Yeshua or of the apostles.

i.e.

that's why they aren't accepted and are considered heretical by bible believing Christians -- not only are the writings and teachings of catholicism not inspired , but they are

directly contrary to ,and opposed to Yahweh's Word, Yeshua, and the apostles teachings.

today, so much time and error having been presented, the promise of Yahweh of His spirit to teach us, and the Good Shepherd Yeshua in Scripture absolutely telling us (true believers) that we should listen to Him the Good Shepherd, and not to others,

is very important for life, and to remember to always seek Yahweh for His Way,

and not to seek men to interpret , especially not those long proven as to be heretics opposed to Yahweh.   

the heretical teachings of all the different religions never get redeemed.

only those who once were deceived by them might be Redeemed, if they turn to Yeshua.

Exactly.  Great post, simplejeff.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

as MorningGlory wisely poinited out, the writings and interpretations of the roman group clearly oppose the teachings of Yeshua and the teachings of the apostles,

even

when supposedly writing about the Bible or the teachings of Yeshua or of the apostles.

i.e.

that's why they aren't accepted and are considered heretical by bible believing Christians -- not only are the writings and teachings of catholicism not inspired , but they are

directly contrary to ,and opposed to Yahweh's Word, Yeshua, and the apostles teachings.

today, so much time and error having been presented, the promise of Yahweh of His spirit to teach us, and the Good Shepherd Yeshua in Scripture absolutely telling us (true believers) that we should listen to Him the Good Shepherd, and not to others,

and not to seek men to interpret , especially not those long proven as to be heretics opposed to Yahweh.

only those who once were deceived by them might be Redeemed, if they turn to Yeshua.

Exactly. Great post, simplejeff.

I have not slep for a day or two, I don't known how to deal with this situation and I don't know how to say it to be politically correct .

I have been Baptize by a Catholic Pastor, what should I do? I have been very much concern about this matter, after reading your post.

Am I Lost? Should I tell my wife and children that I am lost. O!! I forgot, then they are lost too, and their parents And so on .......all generations. How can I deal with that? Can you please Baptize me, and also Baptize me for my dead relatives?

even

i.e.

I have not slep for a day or two, I don't known how to deal with this situation and I don't know how to say it to be politically correct .

I have been Baptize by a Catholic Pastor, what should I do? I have been very much concern about this matter, after reading your post.

Am I Lost? Should I tell my wife and children that I am lost. O!! I forgot, then they are lost too, and their parents And so on .......all generations. How can I deal with that? Can you please Baptize me, and also Baptize me for my dead relatives?

Come on, nt, don't get all upset.  You're not 'lost' because of a Catholic baptism.  You can join another church any time you want to.  I think God is more concerned about your heart than what type of church baptised you and that goes for your family as well.  Your salvation isn't through ANY church; you have it because of your faith in Jesus.  That is all that is required.

well, my pastor even swished me around a bit when he dunked me......   thought I might need the extra cleaning cycle....

Goodness!  Talk about a diligent pastor! 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

even

i.e.

Come on, nt, don't get all upset. You're not 'lost' because of a Catholic baptism. You can join another church any time you want to. I think God is more concerned about your heart than what type of church baptised you and that goes for your family as well. Your salvation isn't through ANY church; you have it because of your faith in Jesus. That is all that is required.

You really care for people, this Catholic Pastor told me the same thing, your salvation is not through any church, or ritual, you already have it because of your faith in Jesus Christ. Thank you, and God bless you.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

My conviction is that I am saved by Christ. Christ is the highest and all things were given into his hand and he has all the power of the father at his disposal. Nothing can have power over me except it be given from above and who is above all?

Did the ark save Noah? Yes. Did the water save Noah? Yes. The ark saved Noah from the water that was judgement upon those who would have killed Noah if they could have. After the flood ended and the water had gone Noah and his family were safe.

God throughout history has judged man. He judges us everyday. My baptism now saves me in that I have died to myself and follow Christ. If I am judged it is because I fail to believe and follow him.

Christ sealed his fate in the garden when he prayed. After that no one could svae his life. He was headed to the cross. Before that no one could kill him. They tried but failed.

My baptism was a beginning that has brought me to salvation from my enemies through humility of mind and favor from God. I have been increasing in favor over the years as I have been proven to believe through trials and tribulations that have occured. I have also seen many areas where my faith lacks through these same trials. My faith is being made perfect.

I suggest baptism as a good place to begin along journey of loving God. Love is expressed in obedience and God says we ought be baptized.

Guest shiloh357

Yes, littleflower....   The Greek is very clear, but that doesn't tell the whole story.  I am dealing with the context and the line of thought and Peter's line of thought was not that water baptism is necessary for salvation.    You are trying to take three words and force them to mean what YOU want them to mean, rather than examining the whole of context.

Appealing to early church theologians isn't going to work.  They are not infallible and so we are not bound by their teachings.

Peter's line of thought was that we are saved by our faith in Christ's resurrection.   Far from being a passage stating that salvation comes through water baptism, I Peter 3:20-21 is an argument against what you are trying to force the passage to say.  

Guest shiloh357

Baptism is important, as it is one of two ordinances Jesus gave to the Church.   Jesus gave us Baptism and the Lord's Supper.  We are to be obedient to both.    Baptism is important as an act of obedience and no true believer should refuse to be baptized.

But salvation is not conditional upon baptism.   Salvation by grace through faith alone in Christ alone.   Anyone who says that salvation is dependent on anything else besides Jesus is promoting a false gospel and their words should be rejected by all true followers of Jesus.

If a person accepted Jesus on an airplane and the plane crashed before that person could be baptized, they would still be saved because salvation doesn't depend on baptism.  There are any number of scenarios where a person could be saved and die before having the opportunity to be baptized in water.   If baptism were required for salvation to happen, then salvation is not a free gift (Rom. 6:23).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

I'm sorry, but I am somewhat confused. What is the difference between Catholic and Protestant baptisms? Do they both not derive from obedience to Christ?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

I'm sorry, but I am somewhat confused. What is the difference between Catholic and Protestant baptisms? Do they both not derive from obedience to Christ?

I believe that both baptise in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Also, to my knowledge, that is the only similarity.

1. Catholics believe that baptism is salvific. A person receives the Holy Spirit when they are baptized.

Protestants reject the idea that baptism saves. Protestants believe that salvation is by faith alone in Jesus alone. Baptism is a symbolic act representing the death, burial and resurrection of the new believer, into a new life.

2. Catholics baptize infants.

While a few Protestant denominations baptise infants, they do not believe that baptism saves the infant. Most Protestants practice a believers baptism. Since babies are not viewed as having the information to choose to believe on Jesus, or to give a confession of faith, babies would not be considered believers and therefore only those old enough to understand and tell about their faith in Jesus and would be baptised.

3. Catholics baptize by sprinkling water on a baby or adult convert.

Most Protestants practice full immersion in water.

I believe that baptism actually is a new testament version of the old testament ritual bath (mikvah), which was by immersion, and has a related meaning to the Protestant view. However, in history, there was a time when new believers in Jesus who were baptized in a river, were seen by people who opposed Christianity. These new believers would be turned into the Roman government and killed, so during that time of heavy persecution and for the safety of new believers, the Christians would baptize new believers in doors. Immersion was not practical indoors, so they used sprinkling as a temporary substitute.

There is probably more involved then just those three.