Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  0

this just goes to show the spiritual tempature of some the people here. This is just sad!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That certainly seems to be unfairly judgmental of you. All because we wont share stories with you on this subject, you make an assumption that we lack this. Most people here that I know, work quietly, without making a proclamation about their work efforts. Do not assume that means they are not doing His work.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I do not post any, will you judge me and say I have none?

If I post any, will I win your approval?

I choose not to respond to your question.

:emot-highfive::):):wub: Jade!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

why should we win souls and testify about the grace of God?

Pro 11:30 The fruit of the righteous [is] a tree of life; and he that winneth souls [is] wise.

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Luk 16:28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

Act 10:42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God [to be] the Judge of quick and dead.

Act 20:24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Mat 4:19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

If were following Christ we will win people to Christ

"Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins."—James 5:19-20.

Dan 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Jhn 4:35 Say not ye, There are yet four months, and [then] cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.

Luk 10:2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly [is] great, but the labourers [are] few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.

7 So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me.

8 When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

9 Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

Lu 14:23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

Mr 5:19 Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee.

Joh 15:16 … I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain:

Lu 15:10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

Ps 126:6 He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

:):):):wub::emot-highfive::wub:

:24:

:24::wub::24:

:emot-hug:

Guest Stepoffaith

Hey, I'm very new to this site. I just found this thread tonight.

I have a desire to lead others to Christ but don't really know how to get started.

I have talked to people, mentioning God and so forth but I haven't gotten that much further.

I'm afraid that once I start talking to someone that person might ask me a question that I might not be able to answer. Sometimes people just want to debate when they hear God mentioned. I'm afraid of making awful mistakes with my words while in the process of witnessing.

Tell us more of your stories and go into detail of what scriptures you share, ect.........

wanting to learn

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

I have a desire to lead others to Christ but don't really know how to get started.

I have talked to people, mentioning God and so forth but I haven't gotten that much further.

I'm afraid that once I start talking to someone  that person might ask me a question that I might not be able to answer.  Sometimes people just want to debate when they hear God mentioned. I'm afraid of making awful mistakes with my words while in the process of witnessing.

Pray always when you witness. Nothing is from you. Listen to the Holy Spirit tell you what to do and say. Have faith, He will give you the words to say to someone, or even not to say. Sometimes it is our actions that are the best witness. Dont be afraid of failing. Just as we can not lead people to Christ on our own, neither can we really mess it up where God cant fix it. He can use anything we have said to bring someone to Him. Dont fret over it. Just let the Lord work through you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  658
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/01/1965

Soul Winning Story:

A sister and I were knocking doors one Saturday and almost every door was slammed in our face. We wanted to give up, but Jesus would not allow us to leave until we knock this one last door. So, we obeyed Jesus and knocked on the door and this elderly lady opened up the door. She was very thin and sickly with a oxygen bottle by herside and an O2 mask on her face. We started to share Jesus with her and the presence of the Holy Spirit was so strong, that I knew in my heart that she was going to recieve Jesus. I stepped back as my friend Leah continued to share with this lady and I prayed to Jesus the whole time. After Leah shared with this lady, Leah prayed the sinners prayer with her and she asked Jesus to come into her heart.

The heavens and the angels were rejoicing in that day, for another name was written down in the book of everlasting life!!

Katherine the elderly lady invited us into her house, she showed us her prayer bench and shared with us that she grew up Jehovah Witness. She shared that she has Emphzemia(sp) and lung cancer and that her days were numbered. We made sure every week that we visited her and prayed with her. Each week she had a different prayer request and God answered her prayer. We would stand in a circle in her living room and sing hymns with her. One of her request was to be able to sing again, so we asked Jesus to allow her to sing. The next Saturday we sang "Amazing Grace". Then she wanted to be baptized, but she died the next week.

I will never forget how Jesus would not let us leave until we knocked the last door, and how Jesus answered all of her prayer request. I will see Katherine in Heaven someday!

Yukon :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  745
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  09/27/1976

soulwinner,  maybe just maybe there are others like myself that don't think it proper to flaunt the work of the Holy Spirit as something we have done.

We plant seeds and the Spirit does any work that is productive and as for me, I don't care to talk about it in the way or form you seem to want.

se

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

while I totally agree that we all need to be witnesses and working towards leading others towards Christ...I was kind of thinking this too, Sam.

There is a senior lay leader in our church who is a very good evangelist, but some comments he made really rubbed me the wrong way a while back. We were in a church board meeting and he started sharing some ideas for outreach, which were good, but then he started saying things like, "I know I can save 'em...." or "I could save 'em if they would come to church". I just felt like that was terribly arrogant and I don't remember him being on the cross to forgive their sins...Jesus was. Know what I mean?