• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  273
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,326
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

We are coming through a stage in the Body of Christ where there has been an undue emphasis (I believe) on `Who I am in Christ, What is my ministry, gifting etc.` Now, by the Holy Spirit I see we are being encouraged to grow to maturity in Christ by looking more to the `Head of the Body,` - the Lord Jesus Christ.

Thus I am looking forward to being able to –

`...comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth & length & height & depth, & to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge....`(Eph. 3: 18 & 19)

This first topic is `I, Jesus.` Have we considered that this person is the greatest person of all time & eternity, who has achieved the greatest victory by the greatest price there ever was. Yet.....when it comes to signing His book, as it were, we don`t see `Dr. Honorable.....etc all the grand titles of man, but we see the humble `I, Jesus.`

What does that show you about our precious Lord?

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,152
  • Content Per Day:  4.58
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Marilyn.....

One thing is for sure,Jesus is God & simply does not need to prove Himself to anyone.....he would not even as so much as entertain the devil in the wilderness because of His Authority.......God has no NEED for anything....He doesn't even NEED us,He loves us.......Glory & thanksgiving to our Heavenly Father                                                                                                                                                                                  With love-inChrist,Kwik

Thanks Kwik for uplifting our precious Lord to us.

Now some more thoughts.

This quotation `I, Jesus, ` as we know comes from the end of the book of Revelation, the end of the Bible. Previously in Revelation the Lord had been telling us of His wonderful titles & his honours, majesty & glory. Yet here in His exalted, glorified position of the highest eminence, we see that it has not altered His character -

`I am meek & lowly in heart.` (Matt. 11: 29)

Jesus is the highest but is still the humblest, He is the loftiest but lowliest, mightiest but meekest, greatest but gentlest, kingliest but kindliest. He has not allowed His splendour & glory to obscure His identity, His treasured signature, "I, Jesus."

All I can say is I want to know you more Lord Jesus. Open our eyes to behold you in Your glory & appreciate more your humble heart.

Edited by Marilyn C

We are encouraged by the Apostle Peter to `grow in the grace & knowledge of our Lord & Saviour.` (2 Peter 3: 18) It is wonderful to know Him as `Jesus, our Saviour,` however to grow we need to know, meditate on His other names & titles, for it helps us to appreciate Him more.

In the book of Revelation, God the Father has great delight in unveiling to us His precious Son, the exalted & glorified Jesus as He is known in the realms above.

One of Jesus` many titles is the `Alpha & Omega.` (Rev. 1: 8 & 22: 13) Now we know that `Alpha,` is the first word of the Greek alphabet & `Omega,` is the last. This is God`s way of showing us that Jesus is not just symbolically the first & last letter of the alphabet but includes all in between.

So how does this relate to our Lord Jesus. Well an alphabet, as we know, is a unique group of signs that is used in a variety of forms all over the world. It is the key of all literature in any given language. This shows us that Jesus is God`s `alphabet` to reveal eternal truths to mankind. Jesus is the whole revelation of God.

`All the treasures of wisdom & knowledge are in Him.` (Col. 2: 3)

What an interesting `name,` for our Lord Jesus. What does that mean to you?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

This is such a wonderful OP, Marilyn, excellent points.  May God richly bless you, for glorifying His Son precious Name. 

Now I will be thinking all night at work what does Alpha and Omega, mean to me.

About the only thing that comes to mind right now is Aaron Jefferies song He Is.  A beautiful song where they go thru each Book of the Bible and find how they point to Jesus, John 5:39.

Hi Duggarfan,

Yes that song would be great to hear with all the books of the Bible pointing to Jesus. I also find this quick overview of the Bible in relation to Jesus very helpful.

The Old Testament.

1. Gen. – Deut. Foreshadows Christ. (a variety of symbols, signs & sacrifices foreshadow His character, His features & functions, His virtues & vocations.)
2. Joshua – Esther. Foresees Christ. ( theophanies & angelic forms)
3. Job – Song of Sol. Foreknows Christ. (His names, titles, garments, vocations, ministry.)
4. Isaiah – Malachi. Foretells Christ. (Messiah, Mediator, Ancient of days, Creator, Deliverer, Everlasting one etc & over 300 more titles)

The New Testament.

1. Matthew. Christ as kinsman – king.
2. Mark. Christ as Heir.
3. Luke. Christ as Mediator.
4. John. Christ as Maker.

5. Acts. Christ is the Lord of all.
6. Rom. – Gal. Christ is salvation, sanctification & justification.
7. Eph. – 2 Thess. We are In Christ.
8. 1 Tim. – Jude. Christ dwelling in the life of the believer.

9. Revelation. Christ Glorified is the Head, the Heir, the Mediator, & the Judge & Creator.

Edited by Marilyn C

Duggarfan,

You also gave us this great scripture that helps us learn more about our Lord & saviour, Jesus.

`You search the scriptures ........it is these that bear witness of me.`  (John 5: 39)  & I include this one also.

`...all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses & the Prophets, & the Psalms must be fulfilled. Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures.` (Luke 24: 44 & 45)

We often read God`s word in relation to us, however I believe that we need to more & more to read it in relation to our precious Lord Jesus. To know HIm more is to grow to maturity. Thus I thought it good to look at some of Jesus` names & titles. Apparently there are well over 300, but I believe the Holy Spirit will guide us & teach us the ones to focus on now. 

The first one that was impressed upon me was the title `LORD.` The Lord Jesus Christ.

This has great significance for me personally. I was brought up in a Christian home & gave my heart to Jesus when very young. However when I went off teaching in the country although I knew Jesus as Saviour I really hadn`t understood to make Him Lord. I lived my life for about 10 years making my own decisions & living for myself. Gradually I came to realise that I needed direction in my life & I remember clearly making the decision for Jesus to become the LORD of my life. Oh the change. It is a humbling process as well you would know but oh the joy of actually walking with the Lord who guides & oversees my  (our) life.

I think many people know the Saviour but have not understood or really bowed the knee to His Lordship. I pray we all do before it is too late as lives can be wrecked if we don`t let the Master take control. He knows us & the way, best.

THE LORDSHIP OF CHRIST

`God has made that same Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord & Christ.` (Acts 2: 36)

We see there is a difference between Jesus being Lord & Jesus as the Christ, the anointed one. In His position as Lord He is the administrator over all.

Lord of heaven & earth. (Acts 17: 24)
Lord of Peace. (2 Thess. 3: 16)
Lord of Sabaoth. (James 5: 4)
Lord of the harvest. (Matt. 9: 38)
Lord of Lords. (1 Tim. 6: 15)
Lord of Glory. (1 Cor. 2: 8)
Lord of All. (Acts 10: 36)

Christ has been exalted at the right hand of God to be a Prince & a Saviour. (Acts 5: 31), where He was in stately majesty exalted to the highest & holiest office. Celestial spectators witnessed this celebrated conqueror being cornonated, amid surroundings of superb splendour. The Apostle Peter also tells us that angels, principalities & authorities were made subject to Him. (1 Pet. 3: 22) The vision is glorious for the Man of sorrows becomes the Master of all, & the meek & lowly in heart ascends to be the Lord of all Lords.

It is interesting to note that the Apostle Paul says the acknowledgment of this Lordship of Christ leads to the assurance of salvation.
`If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord,....` (Rom. 10: 9)
Peter also impresses on us the need of sanctifying in our heart Christ as Lord. `...sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts...` (1 Peter 3: 15)

What does Jesus` LORDship mean to you?

Edited by Marilyn C

• 3 weeks later...

A friend & I have been studying & meditating on the Lordship of Christ. We know that the name `Jesus,` refers to His atoning passion, & `Christ,` to His anointed person, however we have never looked much into His Lordship. This we see refers to Christ`s administrative power.

Lordship pertains to those who hold the right to administer in some sphere or capacity, whether it be social, national, or spiritual. Thus Christ`s superlative office, `Lord of all,` entitles Him to supreme administrative power over all other authorities – in every sphere of rule, every realm of power, in every dominion, every empire, every kingdom, every government & in every administration.

To gain some idea of Christ`s Lordship, my friend & I looked into the book of Job & let the Lord Himself explain some of this to us. In Job ch. 38 God is speaking to Job & reveals some of His great administrative power.

It is the Lord who planned the earth, laid its foundations, its bases & cornerstone. He enclosed the sea with boundaries & opened springs in the depths. In the sky the Lord made the way for light to come upon the earth, as well as `storehouses,` for the rain, hail, snow & wind.

The Lord then tells us that He placed the earth in the Universe where planets rule over the orbiting & journey of the earth - `the ordinances of the heavens.` Such precision & detailed planning as well as the power to continually uphold the workings that govern us, are beyond our understanding. Yet to meditate upon such wisdom of administration enlarges our heart & appreciation of our Lord.

My father would often say with great amazement - `He....hangs the earth on nothing.` (Job 26: 7)

What amazes you about the Lord`s administrative power?

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,271
  • Content Per Day:  3.31
  • Days Won:  30

`All the treasures of wisdom & knowledge are in Him.` (Col. 2: 3)

Ephesians 1 also speaks of the heavenly treasures to be found IN CHRIST.   

Reminds me of our 5 year old son.  I asked him if he would like to ask Jesus to come into his heart.  He looked down at his little chest and replied,  Mother!  He's not in me, I'm in Him!  But after that confession of faith he canvassed the neighborhood asking people young and old if they went to Sunday school, and if not, why not?   If only I were still that excited about our being found in Christ that I would eagerly share my Treasure with others.  

Hi Willamina,

Thank you for sharing about your son. `A little child shall lead them.` How absolutely delightful & yes challenging. I see you here on Worthy, Willamina sharing your faith & encouraging others. I think this is part of God`s vineyard for you. It`s not always `door to door,` but building a relationship with others, building trust & helping each other to grow to maturity in Him so we can be that influence to those around. This is what I see you do.

Blessings, Marilyn.