• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/04/1993

I talked to my boss and he's a christian, but very strong minded in the science field. We talked about how he would never have blue eyes because of his parents genes, I told him no, it's because God didn't want him to have blue eye and he laughed and said oh really? I'm not strong in my faith so I started doubting,..can anyone help out? Is God responsible for every person? How they look like? Their life?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I moved this from Seekers so other can post freely to help you with your questions.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I'd like to hear some answers to this too. But specifically, when a child is born with and illness or birth defect that effects his whole life. And if this is is God's will for this person, why, considering in many cases the person will never live what everyone else considers a normal life.

God created only one person from the beginning, Adam.  Eve was taken from Adams side.  After He created those two, it was up to the humans to reproduce.  We are from the genes of our parents, not from Gods hands, as in Adam and Eve.

Many blame God for birth defects.  They even blame God for many diseases.  Man lives in a fallen world.  Sin is what brings about pain and suffering, not God.  Saying that, He does take what seems to be ugly, undesirable and unwanted and uses them for His will, as long as the person is willing.   I have seen more love from a mentally handicapped person than I have from many "normal" humans.  I have also seen people with an undesirable disability love God more than I could ever imagine.  Seeing things like this makes me wonder who is the handicapped, them or us?

Makes a lot of sense..but God is still responsible for our souls right? He is the reason why we are who we are?

Not really.  We make choices that effect who we become.  Many of them could very easily be against His will. How could He be held accountable for what we choose?  If we follow His will, then He can have all the glory of who we have become.

I understand you, but that opens my question that always nags at me..if we got our body by the reproductive system, then how we did we get our spirit? The thing that separates you from me, that's what I was trying to ask. I know God has to be involved one way or another. ( I'm sorry, I ask vague questions) lol

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you” (Jeremiah 1:5).

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you” (Jeremiah 1:5).

GOD also could have added: "I knew you because I know the beginning from the end. But your parents made you, not Me. I do not control what you do, but I do control the circumstances that surround you so that MY decretive will will occur. I will not cause you to accept My Son as your Saviour, but I knew before the beginning of time if you would or not. So, when it was time, I called you and you answered My call. Since then, I have been responsible to keep you and never loose you."

Guest trueTHAT

I'd like to hear some answers to this too. But specifically, when a child is born with and illness or birth defect that effects his whole life. And if this is is God's will for this person, why, considering in many cases the person will never live what everyone else considers a normal life.

Jn 9:2-3 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

the other subject concerning spirit and all, i wont tackle on seen it to be too controvertible for here