IGNORED

In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jes

JesusIsGod7

Guest Judas Machabeus

I personally have a problem with the idea that Jesus had a soul!

Our soul is something that is created by God. Jesus was God made flesh so is the implication that God has a soul??

This doesn't seem to fit, why would God need a soul? And who created Gods soul.

I have to say that for the time being im going to have to say that Jesus was divine and did not have a soul.

I'm open to hear what others think, to be honest I have never heard the idea of Jesus having a soul.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Man, as in Adam, was created in God's image.  Christians believe that God is God the Father, Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit, otherwise known as 'The Trinity'

We believe the Bible teaches that we are a tripartite being...that is,  body, soul and spirit.  It is our spirit that has been separated from God by sin.  Therefore when

a person accepts Jesus as their Savior, their spirits are made alive again IN Christ

If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness.  Rom 8:10

This is what scripture states regarding the op:  (if you take the time to click on the link and read the page, it answers the op quite well IMO)

Before this question can be addressed directly, we must first agree upon what we mean when we say “God,” and we must agree upon the nature of Jesus.  Jesus is, by his very nature, God (Phil. 2:6).  “God” is not a person, but a title given to the divine nature.  There is only one God (Deut. 6:4Is. 44:6)— one divine nature.  However, God exists in three persons, the Trinity.  The first person of the Trinity, whom Jesus called the Father, is often referred to as “God,” and rightly so— the Father is God (1 Pet. 1:2-3).  However, people often confuse the title “God” as referring only to the Father.  The second and third persons of the Trinity, Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit are also God (Heb. 1:8Acts 5:3-4).  So, there is one God existing in three persons.  These persons are all distinct (Matt. 3:16-17).  They are all equally God.  The divine nature cannot be subdivided; God’s nature is infinite— infinity cannot be subtracted from or added to.

MORE HERE

Guest Judas Machabeus

Man, as in Adam, was created in God's image. Christians believe that God is God the Father, Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit, otherwise known as 'The Trinity'

We believe the Bible teaches that we are a tripartite being...that is, body, soul and spirit. It is our spirit that has been separated from God by sin. Therefore when

a person accepts Jesus as their Savior, their spirits are made alive again IN Christ

If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness. Rom 8:10

This is what scripture states regarding the op: (if you take the time to click on the link and read the page, it answers the op quite well IMO)

Before this question can be addressed directly, we must first agree upon what we mean when we say “God,” and we must agree upon the nature of Jesus. Jesus is, by his very nature, God (Phil. 2:6). “God” is not a person, but a title given to the divine nature. There is only one God (Deut. 6:4, Is. 44:6)— one divine nature. However, God exists in three persons, the Trinity. The first person of the Trinity, whom Jesus called the Father, is often referred to as “God,” and rightly so— the Father is God (1 Pet. 1:2-3). However, people often confuse the title “God” as referring only to the Father. The second and third persons of the Trinity, Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit are also God (Heb. 1:8, Acts 5:3-4). So, there is one God existing in three persons. These persons are all distinct (Matt. 3:16-17). They are all equally God. The divine nature cannot be subdivided; God’s nature is infinite— infinity cannot be subtracted from or added to.

MORE HERE

I clicked the link and only got a blank page

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

Man, as in Adam, was created in God's image. Christians believe that God is God the Father, Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit, otherwise known as 'The Trinity'

We believe the Bible teaches that we are a tripartite being...that is, body, soul and spirit. It is our spirit that has been separated from God by sin. Therefore when

If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness. Rom 8:10

This is what scripture states regarding the op: (if you take the time to click on the link and read the page, it answers the op quite well IMO)

Before this question can be addressed directly, we must first agree upon what we mean when we say “God,” and we must agree upon the nature of Jesus. Jesus is, by his very nature, God (Phil. 2:6). “God” is not a person, but a title given to the divine nature. There is only one God (Deut. 6:4, Is. 44:6)— one divine nature. However, God exists in three persons, the Trinity. The first person of the Trinity, whom Jesus called the Father, is often referred to as “God,” and rightly so— the Father is God (1 Pet. 1:2-3). However, people often confuse the title “God” as referring only to the Father. The second and third persons of the Trinity, Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit are also God (Heb. 1:8, Acts 5:3-4). So, there is one God existing in three persons. These persons are all distinct (Matt. 3:16-17). They are all equally God. The divine nature cannot be subdivided; God’s nature is infinite— infinity cannot be subtracted from or added to.

MORE HERE

http://carm.org/jesus-raise-himself

Guest shiloh357

Jesus is God because His Father chose and ordained Him as such. He became the anointed one, the chosen one, the Messiah, to come atone for our sins and help us to be clean to go live with the Father. Jesus overcame the world and inherited all that His Father has, eternal life. He inherited all the attributes and powers that His Father has. He was an heir to all of this, and we, if we are faithful, will be joint-heirs with Christ of all that the Father has.

Now whether or not that has anything to do with a "soul" is just semantics.

Jesus is not God because His Father chose Him to be.   What you have said is not in the Bible.   Jesus was always God from the immeasurable eternity past.

Guest shiloh357

I've been a Christian my entire life, Baptist at that, and have worshiped Jesus as long as I can remember. I recently watched a video that basically said that according to Protestantism, I've been a blasphemer the whole time. In the video he claimed "Protestantism declares that Jesus' soul has nothing to do with why Jesus is God, and that if you think his soul has to do with why he is God then according to Christianity you will burn in hell". Is that true?

Here's the video...

** Link removed**

The first problem here is that Jesus didn't have a soul.   Jesus was divine.  He was/is God.  So that is the first problem.   Do you belong to local church?  If so what kind of church do belong to?

Guest Teditis

I've been a Christian my entire life, Baptist at that, and have worshiped Jesus as long as I can remember. I recently watched a video that basically said that according to Protestantism, I've been a blasphemer the whole time. In the video he claimed "Protestantism declares that Jesus' soul has nothing to do with why Jesus is God, and that if you think his soul has to do with why he is God then according to Christianity you will burn in hell". Is that true?

Here's the video...

** Link removed**

I don't think anyone is going to burn in Hell for being confused about the make-up of God's Divine nature

In truth it's a mystery to everyone of us and most discussions about are suppositions and speculations.

(Well meaning for the most part, to be sure.) But the "created being" that supposes that they can explain

the Creator Being... that the "imperfect" can expound substantively about the Perfect"... is, more or less, lying to 

themselves and others that they try to persuade.

But just out of curiosity, how would you define a "Soul".

Guest Judas Machabeus

Here's the video...

** Link removed**

The first problem here is that Jesus didn't have a soul. Jesus was divine. He was/is God. So that is the first problem. Do you belong to local church? If so what kind of church do belong to?

Shilo and I have had it out in previous threads but we are on the same page here :)

hmmm...worked/works for me still...but good to put the other kind of link...one of the mysteries of  formatting I guess

It is my understanding that Jesus was fully man and fully God

I would not be on listening terms with someone who got angry and excited over whether or not He had a soul tho....it appears from remarks that

the video link produced an angry man ...  burn in hell if you think Jesus had a soul?

nah...I don't think so...I don't recall Jesus ever addressing people that way although the Bible is clear about where you end up if you refuse to believe in Him