pawz

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  257
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Hi, I was researching about scapegoats this morning, and Googled on Jewish History, and before I got much further in my quest, I got sidetracked by  the mention of a book called 'The Secret Teachings of Moses'. It piqued my interest ( yes, that is the correct spelling dear US folk) as it said stuff like -

'Moses, the great patriarch in the heart of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, wrote the first five books of the Bible or Tanakh, perhaps the most influential books in Western history. Yet, because they were written in Hebrew, a highly symbolic and deeply mystical language, few have revealed the true meanings of the stories and events he described. When you know the Hebrew letters and the structures of Kabbalah, the secret teachings of Moses radiate with stark clarity, and echo throughout the entire range of Jewish and Christian scriptures, especially in the Gospels of Jesus.

This book focuses on the second chapter of Genesis (Bereishit), which establishes the foundation of the Jewish and Christian religions. With this knowledge you can understand the true meaning of Adam and Eve, the Garden of Eden, the presence of the serpent, and all of the rest of the teachings that follow these symbols. Yet, this is not merely scholarly theology: by understanding what Moses actually wrote, anyone can see the true basis of human suffering and how to change it.

the two Gardens of Eden
    the various names of God within the Tree of Life
    the four Worlds
    the four rivers and the four Tattvas within the Garden
    the role of Lucifer within the initiatic process
    the true meaning of Adam and Eve
    the importance of the Hebrew letters within the Tree of Life
    and the role of the Serpent in the Garden of Eden.

and it made me want to buy the book (though I cannot afford to at the moment), just to see what it said.  I realise it is about the Kabbalah, and Gnosticism, and, yes,  I am wary, but I am also curios and thirsty for deeper understanding of the scriptures and in particular, Genesis.'

Does anyone have acquaintance with this book or with similar please, or a source that can explain these 'mysteries' in plain-speak?

well, went on a Gnostic page to  read about the two Gardens and that is all about  Kabbalistic interpretation, and I  don't have the time, energy or desire to  take a crash-course on Gnosticism or Kabbalah, so maybe I wouldn't understand it anyway....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

This can best be answered by some of our Messianic Jewish brothers and sisters. To the best of my understanding the Kaballah is a mystical branch or cult of Judism that incorporates trates of eastern mysticism, occult and perhaps even gnostic beliefs. I started to listen to one of their programs on Jewish television and was so shocked by how totally off base it was that I googled it at that time. Occult means hidden, by the way. Such teachings were so popular in Jesus' day that Paul insisted that our gospel is not hidden.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

There was a very good reason why Gnosticism was rejected, along with the way of understanding scripture through Kaballah.  Study scripture and have faith in the Holy Spirit to show you the truth and don't try to find any :secret teachings".

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  237
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1984

Hi paw, any author who makes a statement saying: 'Moses, the great patriarch in the heart of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam" Is of great danger to heed to, because islam does not believe in the God of Moses. This book is secret teachings indeed. Its strange doctrine the like of which the Ruach HaKodesh revealed through peter in his epistle. This author is not of the Spirit of truth because for one to imply that Moses is a great patriarch of Islam is to speak from a lying spirit. So yes i agree with you in the title of this thread that you chose.

Christ said the scriptures are all about him, just stick with the scriptures, pray to the Lord for understanding, and do your own cross references of scripture as you read. Thats all you need

....I got sidetracked by the mention of a book called 'The Secret Teachings of Moses'....

:thumbsup:

Beloved, No Dark And Dangerous Sidetrack Traps Allowed

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 2 Peter 1:20

Just Ride That Gospel Train To The Straight And Narrow

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Mathew 7:13-15

thank you all. It would be a distraction and  I don't think  that book would give me the answers I am looking for anyway, if the gnostic page I  was reading is  indicative... it's the thought that there is something in the Hebrew that I am missing which was the draw...

Fresno, you have   brought out the scriptures I needed to hear.  A hug :)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,652
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

The mysticism in Judaism and Christianity are misapplications of the hidden prophecies of the future. The messages were discovered but the proper keys for interpreting them were not applied so we end up with all kinds of wacko ideas.

Deuteronomy 29:29 (KJV)
29 The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Proverbs 25:2 (KJV)
2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

Isaiah 28:9-13 (KJV)
9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.
13 But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

Are all subject to the true keys of proper interpretation:

2 Peter 1:20-21 (KJV)
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

John 16:13 (KJV)
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

all else are the mere traditions of men and nullify the Word of God:

Matthew 15:6 (KJV)
6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.

Mark 7:13 (NIV)
13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

thankyou John  - I found  this line

The mysticism in Judaism and Christianity are misapplications of the hidden prophecies of the future. The messages were discovered but the proper keys for interpreting them were not applied

very helpful - and the scriptures, of course

Does anyone know what the 'proper keys' might  be? I do not want to miss anything the  Word has to offer. that will  furnish us with wisdom and understanding whn reading  scripture.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,652
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

I gave several in my last post.

Proverbs chapters 1-3 get wisdom / understanding.

The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.

Faith = understanding as well as hope in things not seen.

Jesus commended the centurion who said "just say the word" the centurion understood God's authority.

He also commended the gentile woman who said the dogs feed from the crumbs that fall from the children's table... she understood this benefit and Jesus commended her faith.

Pray the Holy Spirit open the scriptures to you, and do your part (read them / study them).