• Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,274
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0

Zachariah ch4 v11,12,13,14

11-The I answered and said to him,

"What are these two olive trees, one at the right hand of

the lampstand and the other at its left?

12- And I further answered and said to him,

"What are these two olive branches that drip into the receptacles

of the two gold pipes from which the golden oil drains?

13- Then he answered me and said, "Do you not know what these are?

And I said, "No my Lord."

14- So  he said, "Those are the two anointed ones, who stand beside the Lord of the whole earth."

How wonderful to see the trinity explained like this in the old testament.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

ummmm....I don't think that is a reference to the Trinity...keeping in mind that I do believe the Trinity is a biblical doctrine

From what I can gather, it seems most scholars believe that is a reference to the two witnesses of Revelation

I am not big into biblical prophecy, but it appears that most believe that is actually what that passage is referring to

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Hello everyone. New here. Just reading over all the post about Trinity. A whole lot of you are not Trinitarians, but Modalist actually, and some of you have crosed over into Apostolic Oneness. I have studied the amazing doctrine of the Trinity for years. It's a pretty amazing document.

Being a purist of the "Real" Trinity Doctrine and not the many fakes that followed as many are split on the real and the convulted Athanasian Creed, and certainly not the modern junk that followed. (Though some have changed their wording to follow the true and original)

Trinity doctrine in 325ad came about to protect the deity of our Lord Jesus. A fellow named Arius was going around stateing that Jesus was a created being and Rome would have nothing to do with that. Rome was so upset, they called a council meeting to declare and define the Original Trinity Doctrine. This is where it all started, right out of the Roman Cathloic church.

The Docrine states that Jesus is begotten of the Father, God, of God, of the same substance (Essence) as God. Not the creator, Not created, but begotten of the Father. Always has been here with the Father.

The Doctrine also adds you must be Roman Cathloic but we tend to forget that and take parts of the doctrine we like.

The Trinity Doctrine used no scriptures that were mentioned, and 1 John 5:7 came into scriptures 100's of years later. First recored sighting of it was at least 1522, so that scripture was not even considered.

In 381ad the Holy Spirit was added as one of the same substance as God.

Much later, these 3 where all seperate beings, the FAther the creator, Jesus the Son, the Holy Spirit (God's Spirit) Became one God. Rome added that in with zero scriptural support which thay admitted (Cathloic encyclopedia 1912) so they called that a Mystery of Christain faith on how 3 distinct beings found in scripture are just one.

In 1914 Oneness was invented and split the Assymblies of God Church in 1928. Oneness uses scriptures much like I seen posted here. Their favorite is John where Jesus becomes a Word Part of a God system. (The Word made flesh and dwelt among men) They also use other scriptures proving there is ONE God such as in Isa, to say God manifest Himself into 3 different personalities.

Oneness is 1 that become 3.

Trinity is 3 that are 1

Most folks that claim they are Trinity are really Modalist and not true trinitarians at all. You can tell a Modalist by their vain attempts to prove Trinity in Scripture when the folks that made the Doctrine have already offically stated it can't be proven.

Fasinating doctrine though, don't take my word for anything, go look it all up.

Have a awesome day, everyone.

Guest Judas Machabeus

Hello everyone. New here. Just reading over all the post about Trinity. A whole lot of you are not Trinitarians, but Modalist actually, and some of you have crosed over into Apostolic Oneness. I have studied the amazing doctrine of the Trinity for years. It's a pretty amazing document.

Being a purist of the "Real" Trinity Doctrine and not the many fakes that followed as many are split on the real and the convulted Athanasian Creed, and certainly not the modern junk that followed. (Though some have changed their wording to follow the true and original)

Trinity doctrine in 325ad came about to protect the deity of our Lord Jesus. A fellow named Arius was going around stateing that Jesus was a created being and Rome would have nothing to do with that. Rome was so upset, they called a council meeting to declare and define the Original Trinity Doctrine. This is where it all started, right out of the Roman Cathloic church.

The Docrine states that Jesus is begotten of the Father, God, of God, of the same substance (Essence) as God. Not the creator, Not created, but begotten of the Father. Always has been here with the Father.

The Doctrine also adds you must be Roman Cathloic but we tend to forget that and take parts of the doctrine we like.

The Trinity Doctrine used no scriptures that were mentioned, and 1 John 5:7 came into scriptures 100's of years later. First recored sighting of it was at least 1522, so that scripture was not even considered.

In 381ad the Holy Spirit was added as one of the same substance as God.

Much later, these 3 where all seperate beings, the FAther the creator, Jesus the Son, the Holy Spirit (God's Spirit) Became one God. Rome added that in with zero scriptural support which thay admitted (Cathloic encyclopedia 1912) so they called that a Mystery of Christain faith on how 3 distinct beings found in scripture are just one.

In 1914 Oneness was invented and split the Assymblies of God Church in 1928. Oneness uses scriptures much like I seen posted here. Their favorite is John where Jesus becomes a Word Part of a God system. (The Word made flesh and dwelt among men) They also use other scriptures proving there is ONE God such as in Isa, to say God manifest Himself into 3 different personalities.

Oneness is 1 that become 3.

Trinity is 3 that are 1

Most folks that claim they are Trinity are really Modalist and not true trinitarians at all. You can tell a Modalist by their vain attempts to prove Trinity in Scripture when the folks that made the Doctrine have already offically stated it can't be proven.

Fasinating doctrine though, don't take my word for anything, go look it all up.

Have a awesome day, everyone.

Great post. Very interesting

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  4,274
  • Content Per Day:  1.24

I  can see the trinity all over the new testament  even thought the word "trinity isn't used, I understand  the Father ,  the only begotten Son of God,  the Holy Spirit  of God,point to One God.

Christ Jesus is also referred to in the old testament as is the Holy Spirit of God.(not necessarily the scripture that I found and posted in my last post here, but in other places of the old testament.

Here in 2 Peter ch1v20-21

-20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation.

-21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God, spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

(For me, this points clearly to the Holy Spirit of God.

and that His presence helped holy men of God to write down prophecy.

I believe in the Father  God, the only begotten son of God and the Holy Spirit of God,

The three are written all through the bible.)

Also from my own experience, I understand how God's Holy Spirit  works in my heart.

Christ Jesus said that He had to leave so we could receive the comforter,  Holy Spirit of God into our hearts

John14:11-16

Christ Jesus said: Believe in Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me....

-16 "And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide in you forever.

17 "eve n the Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him;

but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

-18 " I will not leave you orphan, I will come to you."

John ch16:7,8

Christ Jesus said: " Nevertheless I tell you the truth.

It is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper

will not come to you.

v8 "And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness and of judgment.

For me it is clear that the Godhead is 3 in one.

Praise God!

1to3

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I can see the trinity all over the new testament even thought the word "trinity isn't used, I understand the Father , the only begotten Son of God, the Holy Spirit of God,point to One God

I am not exactly sure what your seeing. The True and Original Trinity doctrine Never was about Monotheism. Modern man twisted the precious original doctrine to suite their own twisted understanding of scriptures and to split whole churches with their fake versions of the doctrine. I can post the true and first trinity doctrine if you like.

One more time. Jesus is of the same substance as His FAther, God of God. Not one God, but of the same substance as............. Not a created being, but begotten of the FAther. Always has been here, always been the I am like hist FAther, but not his FAther, and not lumped into a one God mess. Oneness did that, not Trinity.

It was much later Rome decided to lump them into 1 God, and call that a mystery. The TRue Trinity Doctrine does not do that, and much different than the modern fakes. It's why Trinity purist have worded their Modern version to match the original which was created to defend the Deity of the Lord Jesus. Jesus is of the same "Nature" as God, God like His father, but not His Father.

There is a Big difference between the Nicene Original and the 2 hundred year later. The Athanasian Creed came out for much different and self serving purposes than to defend the deity of the Lord Jesus. A junk Doctrine that somehow just got mixed in through the years with the original and the rest of everything else man makes up.

Be blessed.

Correction the new "Creed" came around the 1500's, not two hundered years latter and was only accepted by some Western believers.. Rome finally adopted it.

Edited by By Faith

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

It depends on what you mean by the Trinity. The modern concept doesn't fit the Scriptures.

What exactly is "the modern concept"?  Is it the theologically liberal belief that Jesus is not God, or is it the heretical belief that the Holy Spirit is not a Divine Person?  There are many Unitarian types of teachings which one would consider "modern", but they are heretical.

The Bible clearly teaches that the Godhead is a triune Godhead (Mt 28:19).  Indeed the first verse in the Bible speaks of Elohim (Gen 1:1).  Elohim (God) is a uni-plural Hebrew word which means that there is a plurality within the Godhead.  Hence we read in Gen 1:26 "And Elohim said, Let us make man IN OUR IMAGE, AFTER OUR LIKENESS...".

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

Hello everyone. New here. Just reading over all the post about Trinity. A whole lot of you are not Trinitarians, but Modalist actually, and some of you have crosed over into Apostolic Oneness.

I don't believe that any of the posts I have read indicate Modalism.  Modalism states that God is a single person who, throughout biblical history, has revealed Himself in three modes or forms.

That is not what Trinitarians believe.  God is three distinct eternal Divine Persons (the Father, the Son (the Word), and the Holy Spirit), NOT one person in three modes.

Again, you say *some have crossed over into Apostolic Oneness*.  I do not think that is true either.  Regarding Oneness -- *This doctrine states that there is one God, a singular divine Spirit, who manifests himself in many ways, including as Father, Son, and Holy Ghost (a.k.a. Holy Spirit). This stands in sharp contrast to the doctrine of three distinct and eternal "persons" posited by Trinitarian theology.* (Wikipedia).

The creeds are all fine in their place, but the ultimate source of Bible doctrine is Scripture itself.

Edited by Ezra

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

It depends on what you mean by the Trinity. The modern concept doesn't fit the Scriptures.

What exactly is "the modern concept"?  Is it the theologically liberal belief that Jesus is not God, or is it the heretical belief that the Holy Spirit is not a Divine Person?  There are many Unitarian types of teachings which one would consider "modern", but they are heretical.

The Bible clearly teaches that the Godhead is a triune Godhead (Mt 28:19).  Indeed the first verse in the Bible speaks of Elohim (Gen 1:1).  Elohim (God) is a uni-plural Hebrew word which means that there is a plurality within the Godhead.  Hence we read in Gen 1:26 "And Elohim said, Let us make man IN OUR IMAGE, AFTER OUR LIKENESS...".

The modern concept I was referring to is the idea that God is a being that consists of three persons. 

What is the Godhead?

Regarding triune, are you familiar with the Hebrew Majestic Plural? The Majestic Plural is when a plural pronoun is used of single person to emphasize their greatness.

Guest shiloh357

The Trinity is a biblical concept even though it is not spelled out in the text of Scripture.   All three, Father, Son and Holy Spirit are demonstrated to be divine, but separate Persons.