• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

http://nypost.com/2014/11/05/90-year-old-faces-jail-time-for-feeding-homeless/

Fort Lauderdale police say Arnold Abbott violated a new city law, but the 90-year-old homeless advocate says his only crime was to “love thy neighbor.”

Abbott was charged Sunday along with two local pastors with violating the city’s new ordinance that effectively bans giving out food in public. He faces 60 days in jail and a $500 fine, and he intends to get cited again Wednesday night, when he sets out to feed some of the Florida city’s estimated 10,000 homeless on a public beach.

“I know that I will be arrested again, and I am prepared for that,” Abbott said by phone from his office at Love Thy Neighbor, Inc., a nonprofit he established in honor of his wife, Maureen, after her death in a car accident 23 years ago. “I am my brother’s keeper, and what they are doing is just heartless.”

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Oak....

I lived in Ft Lauderdale for many years & as you know,I still live in Broward County,Florida     We have a saying here"Arrive on vacation & leave on probation",,,,,,the State of Florida has little revenue other than fines,citations,court cost,monthly probation fees etc....."arrest,arrest,arrest,tickets,tickets,tickets",,,,,,,this is what the politicians want to win favor with the voters,,,,,the voters are the elderly Florida communities & they demand THEIR beaches free from "riff-raff",funny thing is most of them are but part-time residents that are only here half the year,,,,,,,,many of these "snow birds "were my clients,most of which are wealthy,jewish,northerners,,,,,,they did a fine job ridding FtLauderdale of the spring-breakers and they make a lot of noise when they want something done to keep their "view" from anything they deem unsightly...............this of course is still my opinion but I have many good reasons to believe this to be the plain truth of it.....

Love,Kwik

Understand please,I am not at all anti-Semetic but in my many years here I have seen & encountered quite the opposite......"anti-Christian"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Snow birds? That's a new expression to me. I am guessing that means somebody who lives in the colder north and moves to the warmer south for winter, am I right?

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,718
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I saw this on facebook, was considering posting it. what is this world coming to? The reason for the laws is because it keeps people away from the city food? Id think the city would be happy-saves them money. . .

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Snow birds? That's a new expression to me. I am guessing that means somebody who lives in the colder north and moves to the warmer south for winter, am I right?

yes

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Snow birds is what we in arizona call those who move here from snowy states/countries in the wintertime to spend the winters in warmer climates. Im guessing florida has the same expression.