IGNORED

Genesis 1 Vs Big Bang/String/Inflation and Darwinism

Tsun Tsu

You see the words right in front of you.

I don't have to defend "birds" and "every living thing that moveth" coming from the water. 

God said it,

I will therefore believe it,

and this simply puts me in the fortunate position that it agrees also with the fossil record.

Why would you choose a belief that neither fits Gods word,

nor the fossil record?

:thumbsup:

I

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

And the evening and the morning were the fifth day. Genesis 1:20-23

Believe

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: John 1:9-12

Even The Debris Field Of The Flood

And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark. Genesis 7:23

Shows The Power

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever. Deuteronomy 32:39-40

And The Truth

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119-160

Of Jesus

But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 1 Corinthians 15:20-22

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Wow.. very long posts. Too long for me to want to even read them.  I hope you realise that you may enjoy intricate debates but you lose your audience that way, people who follow these threads prefer a succinct response.

The days are obviously literal days, an evening and a morning, the first day.  

But the KJV and the Hebrew agree that Genesis 1 is about the creation of the "expanse" that we call the sky, and the creation of LAND. Later translations then used the same word "earth" which had changed its dominant meaning since KJV times from meaning land, to meaning "planet earth".   The later translations were incorrect.

In the beginning God created the SKY and the LAND. Now the LAND was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground “LAND,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.

A literal reading of Genesis 1 supports an unknown age of the planet, and then land and sky and biological life are created in a literal 7 days.

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

The Bible says

He made light, days before He made the sun

He made the fish and birds on the Same Day, a day before the land animals

and our Lord in Luke and Matthew said that Adam and Eve were made at the beginning...not 4.5 billion years later

This is the word of God and it is sacrosanct

I also used to try and wed the Word of God with the "wisdom" of men....but it cannot be done

Also for your thinking

Now. according to the bible...did Jesus create Adam as a baby?  No

Did God create Eve as a baby...no

Did God created the Animals as babies....no

So if God created every living thing mature and with age

Why could he not have created the earth mature and with age  

The earth would have to be mature to support life anyway

Of course when the scientists test the age of things they would get an old result.  But not a true result

No rule that says God has to make everything new, and evidence to the contrary

Edited by Riverwalker

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,059
  • Content Per Day:  14.50
  • Days Won:  0

AMEN~!

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 1 Corinthians 6:24

I believe the Gap Theory is both correct and scientific.  I also believe in 6 days creation / 1 day of rest, as described in the Bible, not the Day-Age interpretation.  The Jewish people would not have understood this Day - Age concept.  So I take the Bible literally, with a Gap between Genesis 1 and 3, with the condition of the earth as described in Genesis 2.  Genesis 3 starts the 6/7 days of recreation to put things right.  For example, the Sun wasn't created at this time, but was already created in Genesis 1:1.  But of because of God's first judgment on earth, the sun and moon were not visible. 

Someone mentioned Noah's Flood.  Noah's Flood was a large local flood, not a global flood.  The word for earth here and elsewhere means land.  The Jewish people did not have a concept of a sphere in space at this time.  So when they say whole earth, they can mean whole land and it would be scripturally correct.

Guest shiloh357

AMEN~!

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 1 Corinthians 6:24

I believe the Gap Theory is both correct and scientific.

I prefer to believe the Bible, which makes no room for the gap theory.

The Bible also teaches a global flood not a local flood.  It is so much easier to take God at His word than to try and mold it around what you want to believe.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60

The Bible also teaches a global flood not a local flood.  It is so much easier to take God at His word than to try and mold it around what you want to believe.

yes it is.....

After all what is grey except white tainted with black

A literal reading of Genesis 1 supports an unknown age of the planet, and then land and sky and biological life are created in a literal 7 days.

Short, Succinct And To The Point

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

A Literal Reading Of The Bible Supports The Young Age Of Planet Earth

But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. Mark 10:6

~

Wow.. very long posts....

Too long for me to want to even read them....  

I hope you realise that you may enjoy intricate debates....

but you lose your audience that way, people....

who follow these threads prefer....

a succinct response....

Well Bless Your Heart~! Beloved, As You Have Attested

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:1-3

Not All Posts Are Intended For All Posters

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15

At Worthy Ministries 

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17

You See

Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved. Acts 2:47

~

And To Put It Succinctly, Please Do Forget All That "So Called Knowledge" Of Men

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: 1 Timothy 6:20

And Just Point To

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

Jesus

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

AMEN~!

I believe the Gap Theory is both correct and scientific.  I also believe in 6 days creation / 1 day of rest, as described in the Bible, not the Day-Age interpretation.  The Jewish people would not have understood this Day - Age concept.  So I take the Bible literally, with a Gap between Genesis 1 and 3, with the condition of the earth as described in Genesis 2.  Genesis 3 starts the 6/7 days of recreation to put things right.  For example, the Sun wasn't created at this time, but was already created in Genesis 1:1.  But of because of God's first judgment on earth, the sun and moon were not visible. 

Someone mentioned Noah's Flood.  Noah's Flood was a large local flood, not a global flood.  The word for earth here and elsewhere means land.  The Jewish people did not have a concept of a sphere in space at this time.  So when they say whole earth, they can mean whole land and it would be scripturally correct.

=======================================================================================================================

Scientific?  OK, Go ahead....

The Scientific Method:

Step 1: Observe a Phenomenon

Step 2: Lit Review

Step 3: Hypothesis

Step 4: TEST/EXPERIMENT

Step 5: Analyze Data

Step 6: Valid/Invalid Hypothesis

Step 7: Report Results

??

So I take the Bible literally, with a Gap between Genesis 1 and 3

What Gap?  ....

(Genesis 1:1-3) "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.  {2} And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.  {3} And God said, Let there be light: and there was light."

Looks like Genesis 1:2 is between Genesis 1:1 and 1:3.

For example, the Sun wasn't created at this time, but was already created in Genesis 1:1.

We must be reading different Bible's....

(Genesis 1:14-16) " And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:  {15} And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.  {16} And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also."

??

But of because of God's first judgment on earth, the sun and moon were not visible

Please Identify Specifically in Scripture:  GOD'S First Judgement on the Earth......?  AND,  Where the Sun and Moon were not visible prior to Day 4......?

Noah's Flood was a large local flood, not a global flood.  The word for earth here and elsewhere means land.

What about this...

(Genesis 7:19) "And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered."

Are you saying there were "High Hills" that existed that weren't under the "Whole Heaven"??

Additional Questions:

1. If the flood wasn't the WHOLE EARTH then why did Noah have to take the animals on the Ark?  Wasn't there animals some place else?

2. Or why build the Ark....why not just tell Noah to move?

3. Why build an Ark over 400 feet long if it was only a Local Flood?

4. If the Flood was local, then did God break his promise not to Flood the "world" again? Hasn't the Mesopotamian Valley been flooded many times since Noah?

5. If the Flood was local, why would birds have been sent on board? Couldn't they simply have winged across to a nearby mountain range?

(Matthew 24:37-39) " But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.  {38}  For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,  {39}  And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

So if people would have happened to not live in the Mesopotamia vicinity they would have not been affected and would've escaped GOD's Judgement.  What did Jesus mean when he likened the coming "End Time" Judgement of "all" men to..."in the days of Noah"?  Is the coming judgement a partial judgement?

The Jewish people did not have a concept of a sphere in space at this time.

This is Non-Sequitur (Fallacy).  How does what concepts the Jews knew or did not know impact whether the The Flood was Local or Global....?

And How do you know what the Jews knew or didn't know @ this time....?

AMEN~!

I prefer to believe the Bible, which makes no room for the gap theory.

And from a salvation standpoint, it makes no difference.  I take the Bible literally, that's why I believe in the Gap Theory.  That's why I believe in a large local flood.  I take the Bible literally.  You believe the Bible contains no gap and also take a literal view.  The language leaves both views to be acceptable.  This is not a view that should divide Christians.  From the standpoint of salvation, it makes no difference.

AMEN~!

=======================================================================================================================

Scientific?  OK, Go ahead....

The Scientific Method:

Step 1: Observe a Phenomenon

Step 2: Lit Review

Step 3: Hypothesis

Step 4: TEST/EXPERIMENT

Step 5: Analyze Data

Step 6: Valid/Invalid Hypothesis

Step 7: Report Results

??

So I take the Bible literally, with a Gap between Genesis 1 and 3

What Gap?  ....

(Genesis 1:1-3) "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.  {2} And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.  {3} And God said, Let there be light: and there was light."

Looks like Genesis 1:2 is between Genesis 1:1 and 1:3.

For example, the Sun wasn't created at this time, but was already created in Genesis 1:1.

We must be reading different Bible's....

(Genesis 1:14-16) " And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:  {15} And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.  {16} And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also."

??

But of because of God's first judgment on earth, the sun and moon were not visible

Please Identify Specifically in Scripture:  GOD'S First Judgement on the Earth......?  AND,  Where the Sun and Moon were not visible prior to Day 4......?

Noah's Flood was a large local flood, not a global flood.  The word for earth here and elsewhere means land.

What about this...

(Genesis 7:19) "And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered."

Are you saying there were "High Hills" that existed that weren't under the "Whole Heaven"??

Additional Questions:

1. If the flood wasn't the WHOLE EARTH then why did Noah have to take the animals on the Ark?  Wasn't there animals some place else?

2. Or why build the Ark....why not just tell Noah to move?

3. Why build an Ark over 400 feet long if it was only a Local Flood?

4. If the Flood was local, then did God break his promise not to Flood the "world" again? Hasn't the Mesopotamian Valley been flooded many times since Noah?

5. If the Flood was local, why would birds have been sent on board? Couldn't they simply have winged across to a nearby mountain range?

(Matthew 24:37-39) " But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.  {38}  For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,  {39}  And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

So if people would have happened to not live in the Mesopotamia vicinity they would have not been affected and would've escaped GOD's Judgement.  What did Jesus mean when he likened the coming "End Time" Judgement of "all" men to..."in the days of Noah"?  Is the coming judgement a partial judgement?

The Jewish people did not have a concept of a sphere in space at this time.

This is Non-Sequitur (Fallacy).  How does what concepts the Jews knew or did not know impact whether the The Flood was Local or Global....?

And How do you know what the Jews knew or didn't know @ this time....?

A statement like that puts into question the oral tradition of passing the OT from generation to generation.  Is that your intent?