Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  292
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

These protesters are not heroes. they are thugs.  Michael Brown is not a civil rights hero.  He is not a symbol.  He is not on the same level f MLK Jr. or Rosa Parks.  Michael Brown was a thug and a thief.   He was on drugs when he assaulted a police officer and a convenience store owner. 

The protesters are nothing but lawless thugs who need to be arrested and these protests are not lawful and need to be shut down.  Looting and stealing, damaging stores and private property do not qualify as lawful protests and police, FBI and the National Guard need to finally shut it down.  It is not productive or peaceful.

Those of us with commonsense and a clear eye to this story knew that these protests in Ferguson were going to go downhill and spiral into violence once the verdict was announced.

The reference to civil rights hero was to Marion Berry.

No, I am referring to the way that Michael Brown is being held up as a symbol of the Civil rights struggle and how that he will heralded as if he were on the same level as Rosa Parks or other civil rights pioneers who actually deserve the respect they get.

I think it is ironic that many the same people ranting about violence in Ferguson in the social media sphere largely dismissed his death this past weekend as removing a worthless addict from the world.  Marion Berry was definitely one of the Pioneers in the civil rights movement and especially the non-violent protest part. I believe a similar topic was posted on here, ripping on him, post mortem that thankfully got deleted.

It seems like when it comes some skin colors have trouble saying anything positive.

the one making this about race evidently is you.  The fact is that this entire conflict has nothing to do with race.   I don't support Darren Wilson because he is white, but because he is unfairly characterized as a racist white cop who brutally murdered an unarmed black boy.

It is the protesters that inserted race into this. The Grand Jury correctly ruled that there is no reason to indict Wilson, that there is no evidence of a racial hate crime having been committed by him.   But the thugs in the street wanted blood and an indictment no matter what.  To them, Wilson is guilty till proven innocent and they intended on protesting even if they got the indictment they wanted.   This is not about justice, but thuggery.   

They have shown their true colors and have shown that they are not interested in truth, only revenge, be it just or not.   So don't even try to play the race card with me. 

I don't hold up Michael Brown as any kind of hero either and I haven't met anyone who has so that is a bit of a straw horse statement to object to that. 

(sigh)   I wasn't referencing YOU.   I was referencing how the protesters and some other activists were doing that.

Race was definitely called out by another poster and I called her out on it and made my comment.  I have only been a part of these forums for a short time but it appear that race baiting both flagrant and dressed in thinly veiled derivative concerns seem to go unchecked here.

Who has made a racial comment that needed to be called out???   I don't see any race baiting on here.

See my first post in the thread.

Guest shiloh357

These protesters are not heroes. they are thugs.  Michael Brown is not a civil rights hero.  He is not a symbol.  He is not on the same level f MLK Jr. or Rosa Parks.  Michael Brown was a thug and a thief.   He was on drugs when he assaulted a police officer and a convenience store owner. 

The protesters are nothing but lawless thugs who need to be arrested and these protests are not lawful and need to be shut down.  Looting and stealing, damaging stores and private property do not qualify as lawful protests and police, FBI and the National Guard need to finally shut it down.  It is not productive or peaceful.

Those of us with commonsense and a clear eye to this story knew that these protests in Ferguson were going to go downhill and spiral into violence once the verdict was announced.

No, I am referring to the way that Michael Brown is being held up as a symbol of the Civil rights struggle and how that he will heralded as if he were on the same level as Rosa Parks or other civil rights pioneers who actually deserve the respect they get.

I think it is ironic that many the same people ranting about violence in Ferguson in the social media sphere largely dismissed his death this past weekend as removing a worthless addict from the world.  Marion Berry was definitely one of the Pioneers in the civil rights movement and especially the non-violent protest part. I believe a similar topic was posted on here, ripping on him, post mortem that thankfully got deleted.

It seems like when it comes some skin colors have trouble saying anything positive.

the one making this about race evidently is you.  The fact is that this entire conflict has nothing to do with race.   I don't support Darren Wilson because he is white, but because he is unfairly characterized as a racist white cop who brutally murdered an unarmed black boy.

It is the protesters that inserted race into this. The Grand Jury correctly ruled that there is no reason to indict Wilson, that there is no evidence of a racial hate crime having been committed by him.   But the thugs in the street wanted blood and an indictment no matter what.  To them, Wilson is guilty till proven innocent and they intended on protesting even if they got the indictment they wanted.   This is not about justice, but thuggery.   

They have shown their true colors and have shown that they are not interested in truth, only revenge, be it just or not.   So don't even try to play the race card with me. 

I don't hold up Michael Brown as any kind of hero either and I haven't met anyone who has so that is a bit of a straw horse statement to object to that. 

(sigh)   I wasn't referencing YOU.   I was referencing how the protesters and some other activists were doing that.

Race was definitely called out by another poster and I called her out on it and made my comment.  I have only been a part of these forums for a short time but it appear that race baiting both flagrant and dressed in thinly veiled derivative concerns seem to go unchecked here.

Who has made a racial comment that needed to be called out???   I don't see any race baiting on here.

See my first post in the thread.

You've got to be kidding me...   "Showing your true colors" is an expression, a well worn expression that refers to a person's true character.   I think you know that.   You took Jade's comments and injected something into them that she did not intend.   That is called a "strawman"  argument.   She wasn't talking  about race.   She is in a bi-racial marriage.   

Honestly, you are the one making this about race and I am ashamed for you that you would descend into that kind of personal attack on Ayin Jade.  No one with any commonsense would take what she said as racist.

Sorry, but you don't have a leg to stand on.  You are trying paint us as racists and you doing so in a manner that lacks integrity and should not be taken seriously.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

They are already blaming cops for using tear gas (none was used, only smoke) to quell the riot.

according to the cnn reporters that isn't true.  

CNN???  You mean the "Communist News Network?"

While we don't agree with a lot of their assessments, they are structured to give a much better flow of live news on situations like this.    We had three TV's going last night and CNN by far had the best flow if information....

Guest Judas Machabeus

These protesters are not heroes. they are thugs. Michael Brown is not a civil rights hero. He is not a symbol. He is not on the same level f MLK Jr. or Rosa Parks. Michael Brown was a thug and a thief. He was on drugs when he assaulted a police officer and a convenience store owner.

The protesters are nothing but lawless thugs who need to be arrested and these protests are not lawful and need to be shut down. Looting and stealing, damaging stores and private property do not qualify as lawful protests and police, FBI and the National Guard need to finally shut it down. It is not productive or peaceful.

I think it is ironic that many the same people ranting about violence in Ferguson in the social media sphere largely dismissed his death this past weekend as removing a worthless addict from the world. Marion Berry was definitely one of the Pioneers in the civil rights movement and especially the non-violent protest part. I believe a similar topic was posted on here, ripping on him, post mortem that thankfully got deleted.

the one making this about race evidently is you. The fact is that this entire conflict has nothing to do with race. I don't support Darren Wilson because he is white, but because he is unfairly characterized as a racist white cop who brutally murdered an unarmed black boy.

It is the protesters that inserted race into this. The Grand Jury correctly ruled that there is no reason to indict Wilson, that there is no evidence of a racial hate crime having been committed by him. But the thugs in the street wanted blood and an indictment no matter what. To them, Wilson is guilty till proven innocent and they intended on protesting even if they got the indictment they wanted. This is not about justice, but thuggery.

They have shown their true colors and have shown that they are not interested in truth, only revenge, be it just or not. So don't even try to play the race card with me.

This doesn't happen often!!! But I agree whole heartedly with Shiloh.

Guest Judas Machabeus

My 2 cents is for shoes_united.

I think because of your passion and your point of view you are reading into posts things that are not there. Jumping to conclusions and such.

The young MAN(he wasn't a kid like the protesters keep calling him) had just been violent and robbed a store. He was high on drugs and became overtly aggressive with a police officer.

This is NOT the description of a Martyr. It's the description of a dangerous and violent man.

This is how it's being viewed by "whites". Nowhere in my description did I mention races or colour. It's the black community that injects all the race baiting, and they are doing more damage to themselves cause the rest of the world stands back and watches their behaviour. They create the stereotype that the are accusing the "whites" of putting on them.

I interact with a lot of people from all walks of life throughout the course of my day, and all this white vs black garbage is just that. Garbage!

A cop shot a dangerous and violent criminal that was a threat to his safety and the communities. That's what happened.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  9

I don't hold up Michael Brown as any kind of hero either and I haven't met anyone who has so that is a bit of a straw horse statement to object to that.  Race was definitely called out by another poster and I called her out on it and made my comment.  I have only been a part of these forums for a short time but it appear that race baiting both flagrant and dressed in thinly veiled derivative concerns seem to go unchecked here.

Ok, just a comment, and I probably should not step into this. I did not see race called out by any other poster. Maybe you misread a post, or I did. I was going to respond to a post, but saw you made it a race issue.

I was going to respond to 'so ferguson has their excuse to display their true colors... an incredible lack of class, a total disregard for truth, or for justice, and a handy excuse for committing more violent crimes '. Ferguson is mainly middle class or lower middle class working people. I would not expect most people living in Ferguson to be the violent protesters as Ferguson does not have a reputation for being a violent city. However, there are violent people outside of Ferguson who like to show up for an excuse to riot. I just would not say that these riots are Fergusons true colors at all.  

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

The police are being criticized for not doing enough to stop the arson that at current count has destroyed at least 25 buildings.  But, I believe they did exactly what they were told to do.  To stand down and use restraint.  Buildings are much easier to replace than people, and even the lives of the lowest criminals have more value than any structure, because, as long they are still breathing they can be redeemed by the Holy Spirit.

From the President after the Grand Jury Announcement:  "I also appeal to the law enforcement officials in Ferguson and the region to show care and restraint in managing peaceful protests that may occur.  Understand, our police officers put their lives on the line for us every single day.  They’ve got a tough job to do to maintain public safety and hold accountable those who break the law.  As they do their jobs in the coming days, they need to work with the community, not against the community, to distinguish the handful of people who may use the grand jury’s decision as an excuse for violence — distinguish them from the vast majority who just want their voices heard around legitimate issues in terms of how communities and law enforcement interact"

The rioters burned and looted the city, and as of yet, no one in Ferguson has been killed.  The rioters also proved that they weren't really concerned about peacefully protesting what they thought was an injustice.  They wanted the police to use restraint, not for their own safety, but so they could rampage through the city and knock over a few liquor and consumer products stores.  They had the intention all along to bring anarchy to this city and many others around the country.  A state senator was even quoted as saying this was a race war.  29 People have been arrested so far.

Al Sharpton is on his way to pour gasoline on the fire and to maybe cash in on their feelings while he's there.

Guest Judas Machabeus

Qnts2

I do see what you are saying. There were reports that the protesters were trying to "police" themselves. I suspect that those individuals were the ones from Ferguson.

The other side of the coin is they brought this on themselves. You don't cry fire in a crowded movie theatre. As soon as they allowed this to turn into a white vs black issue the crazies are going to come. The people of ferguson had ample time to diffuse this as a race thing. But they didn't because they were getting all kinds of attention.

We have them up here in Canada as well. The media call them professional protesters. They show up just to cause trouble. But if someone is going to cry a fowl and play the race card it's going to attract these so called professional protesters.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

I don't hold up Michael Brown as any kind of hero either and I haven't met anyone who has so that is a bit of a straw horse statement to object to that.  Race was definitely called out by another poster and I called her out on it and made my comment.  I have only been a part of these forums for a short time but it appear that race baiting both flagrant and dressed in thinly veiled derivative concerns seem to go unchecked here.

Ok, just a comment, and I probably should not step into this. I did not see race called out by any other poster. Maybe you misread a post, or I did. I was going to respond to a post, but saw you made it a race issue.

I was going to respond to 'so ferguson has their excuse to display their true colors... an incredible lack of class, a total disregard for truth, or for justice, and a handy excuse for committing more violent crimes '. Ferguson is mainly middle class or lower middle class working people. I would not expect most people living in Ferguson to be the violent protesters as Ferguson does not have a reputation for being a violent city. However, there are violent people outside of Ferguson who like to show up for an excuse to riot. I just would not say that these riots are Fergusons true colors at all.  

I'm not trying to speak for anyone here, but maybe the poster should have said "so, many of the protesters got their excuse to display their true colors, instead of saying Ferguson, which is kind of a broad ranging indictment against the entire city.  I don't believe racial undertones or inferences were intended with the original statement.  I don't think any of us were surprised by the riots after the decision either.  They were planning to riot whether Officer Wilson was charged or not.  Afterall, they were already dressed up and the stage had been set.  People were disguising and covering their faces before the decision was even announced.

"so ferguson has their excuse to display their true colors... "

Can you explain who you are referring to as "their".  I'm sure it's not a race statement.  Probably just talking about kids from broken homes again, not even thinking about race.

why do you turn everything into a race thing? rioting, thuggery, looting, and anarchy are crimes that are color blind. "their" means the people of ferguson involved in the criminal activity, WHATEVER their skin color may be. please, get off the race baiting.