• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

@ Tinky.  What exactly are you asking?  Are you wanting to know if it is ok to willingly keep walking in sin and be a Christian?  Are you asking if it is ok to continue to choose to do things you know are wrong with no guilt because salvation is by grace?  If that is what you are asking, the answer is no.  If you are asking if you lose all hope because you stumble at times, the answer is no to that as well.  Confess your sins and God is faithful and just to forgive you and cleans you of all unrighteousness.  But lets look at it like this.  Lets suppose I begin to have an affair and I become convicted.  I know this is wrong, but I want to continue seeing the other woman.  Can I keep having this affair and remain saved, or do I have to repent and forsake the affair?  I believe I must repent and forsake the affair.  If I just acknowledge what I am doing is not right, where did I change my mind?  I only changed my mind when I decided to break off the affair and choose to be faithful to my wife.  Real repentance brings a change.  Where is the boasting in my changing my mind and being faithful?  There is nothing to boast in because I know that if not for grace, the penalty for my sin is death, and by all rights, I should be condemned.  I have nothing to boast of because now I am living right.  The Bible says that when we have done all that our Lord commands us say that we are unprofitable servants, because we have only done what was our duty.  I know some people are self righteous in thinking that because they abstain from certain things they are superior to others, but even our best would be as filthy rags if not for grace.  At the same time, that doesn't mean we are not to do our very best.  We do the best we can, and then we trust in God's grace.  We don't continue to walk in sin that grace may abound, and that is almost what it sounds like you are suggesting, though I could be misunderstanding you.  That is why I am asking for a clarification. 

Butero, are you of the mind that keeping one's salvation is performance based? If salvation is freely given as a gift, it cannot be maintained by one's own efforts, or it is no longer a gift. If we can't earn it to begin with, we can't keep it by our own will.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Days Won:  22

Didn't David sin willfully?

Yes, he certainly suffered for that willfullness, but did God forgive him or not?

and if God did in fact forgive King David, then how much more those who turn from sin, willfull or not

so then, we might ask is any sin included in the reference given in v 26 of Hebrews 10 or is the meaning more specific?

the answer is in v. 29...the specific sin actually being referenced here is denying Jesus Christ

What a difference that makes!!

Of couse God forgives if you sin because not a one of us will never sin again once we are saved.  Anyone that tells you that is lying or dead

Denying Christ is turning away from God and more or less trampling the sacrifice Jesus made on our behalf...it does not mean adultery or any other sin 

that is MOST certainly covered.

Hebrews 10:14 states that For by one offering he has perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Who are the sanctified?

Matthew Henry...that good ole dependable commentary puts it this way:

Under the new covenant, or gospel dispensation, full and final pardon is to be had. This makes a vast difference between the new covenant and the old one. Under the old, sacrifices must be often repeated, and after all, only pardon as to this world was to be obtained by them. Under the new, one Sacrifice is enough to procure for all nations and ages, spiritual pardon, or being freed from punishment in the world to come. Well might this be called a new covenant. Let none suppose that human inventions can avail those who put them in the place of the sacrifice of the Son of God. What then remains, but that we seek an interest in this Sacrifice by faith; and the seal of it to our souls, by the sanctification of the Spirit unto obedience? So that by the law being written in our hearts, we may know that we are justified, and that God will no more remember our sins.

and the pulpit commentary, for the more studious among us, puts it this way:

For by one offering he hath perfected forever them that are sanctified. The tense of the participle ἁγιαζομένους, instead of as ver.ἡγιασμένους, in 10, does not involve a different sense of the verb, viz. the ordinary one associated with the word "sanctify." When it was necessary to express by the word itself the accomplishment of sanctification in the sense intended, the perfect participle was used; here the subjects of the same sanctification are denoted, the accomplishment being expressed byτετελείωκε (cf. οἱ ἁγιαζομένοιHebrews 2:11). The meaning of τετελείωκε("hath perfected") may be taken as ruled by τοὺς ἁγιαζομένους: hath perfected them as ἁγίοι, done all that was required for their being such, without any need of any further offering

So Who sanctifies?  God Himself through the shed blood of His Son

Which means, WE don't, we can't...we would not even know where to begin so quit trying to do it via works

No one becomes instantly sinless.  therefore, there is no way that we can understand Hebrews 10 is saying to us that if we sin we loose our salvation and further,

what is being addressed, is the specific turning away from salvation...that is REJECTING Christ after accepting Him

If you sin, it does not mean you have rejected your Savior.  It means you need to have a heart to heart with Him and acknowledge your sin

Well, I have already been long winded, so here is a link to gotquestions that I thought explained repentance in a way that expresses the thought from scripture and

hopefully answers the question that maybe we all ask from time to time

HERE   

And I will also add this paragraph from that same page on the site

It is crucially important that we understand repentance is not a work we do to earn salvation. No one can repent and come to God unless God pulls that person to Himself (John 6:44).Acts 5:31and11:18indicate that repentance is something God gives—it is only possible because of His grace. No one can repent unless God grants repentance. All of salvation, including repentance and faith, is a result of God drawing us, opening our eyes, and changing our hearts. God's longsuffering leads us to repentance (2 Peter 3:9), as does His kindness (Romans 2:4).

Read more:http://www.gotquestions.org/repentance.html#ixzz3L9RTLC3X

Repentance

correcting his opponents with gentleness.

God may perhaps grant them repentance

leading to a knowledge of the truth, 2 Timothy 2:25 (ESV)

Is A Gift

I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil:

and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.

Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee,

because thou hast left thy first love.

Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen,

and repent,

and do the first works;

or else I will come unto thee quickly,

and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. Revelation 2:2-5

~

God forgives them,

and he doesn't even see their sins, according to your doctrine....

:thumbsup:

My

Therefore being justified by faith,

we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: Romans 5:1

Doctrine Is

By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation

worketh patience; And patience, experience; and

experience,

hope:

And hope maketh not ashamed;

because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts

by the Holy Ghost which is given

unto us. Romans 5:2-6

Jesus Alone Saves

For when we were yet without strength,

in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

For scarcely for a righteous man will one die:

yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. Romans 5:7

So Just Who

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son,

much more, being reconciled,

we shall be saved by his life. Romans 5:8-10

Am I To Mix

And not only so,

but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

by whom we have now received the atonement.

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin;

and so death passed upon all men,

for that all have sinned: Romans 5:11-12

My Understanding

(For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

But not as the offence, so also is the free gift.

For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. Romans 5:13-16

And Pontifications Into His Work?

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. Romans 5:17-19

Beloved Brother, I Am Just A Grateful Child Of The KING Of KING'S

Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 5:20-21

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

PS: Beloved I See A Continues Battle Within The Church

Jesus said unto her,

I am the resurrection, and the life:

he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.

Believest thou this? John 11:25-26

Between Salvation And Sanctification

But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord,

because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation

through sanctification of the Spirit

and belief of the truth: 2 Thessalonians 2:13

By Self Righteous Works

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: Romans 3:10

Or By God's Work

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Romans 4:5

As I See It

There is a battle in the church Fresno Joe,

but it is far more involved than one between those trusting in Jesus and those trusting in "self righteous works." 

You do make a good point when you speak of sanctification,

and the disagreements that exist concerning that subject,

but here is the bigger question. 

Can a real born again Christian continue in sin that grace will abound? 

:thumbsup:

Beloved, I Know I May Sound Simple To Most

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man,

and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart

departeth from the LORD. Jeremiah 17:5

For I Truly Truly Do Believe

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD,

and whose hope the LORD is. Jeremiah 17:7

Only Jesus Makes

For this is my blood of the new testament,

which is shed for many for the remission of sins. Matthew 26:28

A Fellow

Forasmuch as ye know

that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things,

as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

But with the precious blood of Christ,

as of a lamb without blemish

and without spot: 1 Peter 1:18-10

Right

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead,

and the prince of the kings of the earth.

Unto him that loved us,

and washed us

from our sins

in his own

blood, Revelation 1:5

And Dear Brother,

Neither is there salvation in any other:

for there is none other name under heaven given among men,

whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:12

I Believe Jesus Is The ONLY Question

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Acts 2:21

~

And Yes Beloved I Do Know

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope

by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

To an inheritance incorruptible,

and undefiled,

and that fadeth not away,

reserved in heaven for you, 1 Peter 1:3-4

You Are Indeed,

Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 1 Peter 1:5

Tattoos Or No

But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature;

because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth;

for man looketh on the outward appearance,

but the LORD looketh

on the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7

A Believer

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

in my understanding, in terms of spiritual rebirth, repentance means to stop directing the steps of your own path, and yield to the Lord's leading as confirmed by His revealed written word (that understanding of His written word that you gain through fellowship with Him). indeed, the reason we call Him Lord is because we recognize that His wisdom is infinitely superior to ours, and we recognize His ultimate authority and unlimited power; but the reason we seek Him is because He is SOOO good to us - it is the goodness of God that brings repentance; said another way, it is the goodness of God that brings us to seek His leading in all things, because He always leads us to intersect with blessings He's already placed in our path through this life, and to avoid destruction. the Christian life is not a changed life where God picks us up, dusts us off, points us in the right direction and says 'see if you can get it right this time' - the christian life is an exchanged life, where we realize that we aren't smart enough to avoid destruction in this life, or receive life eternal, by our own strength and understanding, and look confidently to Him for leading - and we know that He takes pleasure in the prosperity of His servant!  to the extent that you are led by God, you will not sin - effortlessly; because He will never lead you to sin. 

if you strive to 'stop that sinning' by your own understanding and strength instead of striving to 'hear' His leading and follow it, then your focus will be on your performance to the law that you think you understand from your own intellectual understanding of His word, rather than yielding to God's leading as confirmed by the revealed understanding of His word that comes through fellowship with Him and humble meditation of His word - if you strive to 'stop that sinning' instead of striving to 'hear' His leading and follow it, then your focus will be on sin and not on God; and you will find yourself on an endless treadmill of self-condemnation and ineffective faith.

the bible defines sin as:

1. unbelief ('sin') and

2. the wrong actions that result from unbelief ('sins').  

all wrong actions are the result ('birth') of some kind of unbelief ('conception'); this is why focusing on correcting wrong actions by one's own strength and understanding can't lead to true repentance; as the root cause of unbelief is not addressed - that cause being to refuse to believe that we simply aren't smart enough to apply the multitude of God's laws and commandments in any given situation by our own understanding, and therefore must be led by Him in our decisions.

unbelief has four basic forms:

1. 'natural' unbelief resulting from focus on what we perceive through our senses that seems to refute the revealed word of God.  prayer (fellowship with God that leads to the revealed understanding of His word) and fasting from things that satisfy the flesh (disciplining one's self to to control one's flesh rather than be controlled by it) reduces this kind of unbelief, but we can't fully overcome this kind of unbelief as long as we are in a flesh body.

2. ignorance of God's word.  the cure for this kind of unbelief is to become familiar with God's word; and is also a lifelong process that we never finish while we're in a flesh body.

3. wrong understanding of God's word.  the cure for this kind of unbelief is to first see from fellowship with God and His word that what we've been taught isn't consistent with the whole of God's word, and then to receive the revealed meaning of God's word through fellowship with Him, and is also a lifelong process that we never finish while we're in a flesh body.

4. willful rejection of God's revealed word.  the cure for this kind of unbelief is to continue on in fellowship with God and the study of His word ('line upon line, precept upon precept' causes one's understanding of the rejected word to change).  this kind of unbelief can lead to the 'sin unto death', as this kind of unbelief can't be corrected once someone has fully embraced it, seeing that they have permanently deafened themselves to God's leading.

ultimately, all unbelief has at it's core the desire to 'direct the steps of one's own path' rather than allowing one's steps to be 'ordered by the Lord'.  all wrong actions have been paid for by Jesus, but unbelief has not been paid for; if you don't believe that all your wrong actions (even future ones) have been paid for, then you won't be able to truly and finally receive forgiveness.

unbelief is the variable in the effectiveness of faith.  we all receive 'the measure' of God's faith; and God is not a respecter of persons -  a 'mustard seed sized' portion of God's faith is all anyone needs to overcome anything we might face in this life, so faith is never the variable.  but effective faith is the result of the combination of 'the measure' of faith we receive from God and the unbelief we have yet to overcome; the less unbelief we have, the more effective our 'measure' of faith will be.  a man of 'strong faith' is not a man that has more faith than others, but a man that has less unbelief.

1Sa 16:7 KJV
(7)  But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

David was a murderer and an adulterer, but yet it is clear from God's word that he was a man after God's own heart in spite of his wrong actions.  with God, it's all about what's in your heart concerning your relationship with Him; not your outward actions.  from God's perspective, all wrong actions have been paid for by Jesus - regardless of whether one receives that payment.  God doesn't send people to hell for their wrong actions ('sins), people choose hell by rejecting a right relationship with God through willful unbelief ('sin').

salvation is all about a right relationship with God; one based on faith in His grace and independent of our own performance, good or bad.  outward holiness is a fruit of right relationship with God, not the root.  true repentance results in right relationship with God where we yield to His leading as confirmed by His revealed written word (which is already blessed) rather than making our own decisions ('sin') and asking Him to bless them, this effortlessly produces outward holiness, as He will never lead us to wrong actions ('sins').

Jer 10:23 KJV
(23)  O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

Psa 37:23 KJV
(23)  The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.

Joh 17:3 KJV
(3)  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Mat 7:22-23 KJV
(22)  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
(23)  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Edited by disciplehelovestoo

David repented after he sinned.  But again Sevenseas, if what you say is true, that those who are saved can not lose their salvation because of things like adultery, how is it you continue to find fault in those God finds no fault in?  You are very hard on men that cheat.  Who are you to come against the sanctified of God?  You should be defending them.  You should be saying things like "one sin is the same as another in the sight of God," and "we shouldn't be judgmental, knowing that we all fall short at times."  Why do you condemn people God doesn't?  Why do you advise women in marriages where their husbands cheat to leave?  God forgives them, and he doesn't even see their sins, according to your doctrine.  Why should the wives see the sin? 

As a work of fiction, your response is not very creative.  

David also had Bathsheeba's husband killed...murder by proxy...and he did not repent of his sin of adultery and murder until Nathan, sent by God revealed the sin in a way that David

had not choice but to admit to what he had done.  That's interesting because David's first choice was to COVER up his sin...not REPENTANCE by any means.

Apart from that oversight on your part, your post is rambling and actually untruthful.  However, I'm used to dealing with that so let's have a closer look.

You are very hard on men that cheat. 

Actually, I like lying even less...but as I have stated elsewhere, I believe forgiveness is the first option.  However, whether it is a man or a woman who commits adultery,

they need to stop.  Pay attention to scripture.  By your own admission, Jesus said that adultery is grounds for divorce.  Now if you deny saying that, you perjuring yourself.

Who are you to come against the sanctified of God?  

This is awkward.  It demonstrates that you appear to categorize people by judging them.  According to the Bible, I am actually one of the sanctified of God.  

It is God who sanctifies through His Holy Spirit and you no say in the matter whatsoever.   

Why do you condemn people God doesn't?

Are you sure that you are not condemning me?  However, you can't and I am not your judge either.  Have you overlooked the passages in scripture that state there is NO

condemnation for those who are IN Christ Jesus?  Here is a reference, which you can find in Romans chapter 8

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set youa free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh,b God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering.c And so he condemned sin in the flesh, 4in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Why do you advise women in marriages where their husbands cheat to leave? 

That is false.  What I have said and will continue to say ALONG with most people here, including moderators, is that a woman should not stay in an abusive relationship

where her physical being and possibly also that of any children, mayb e in danger.  I have advised women who are being beaten to leave if they can...certainly they

should dial 911 and have an intervention as some men go as far as to commit murder or put a woman in the hospital...some with broken bones or worse.  I have never

told any woman to leave her husband.

I would also advise counselling for that woman as her self esteem would be at rock bottom.  I don't believe most people consider beating and endangering a person's

life to be part of a committed and loving healthy marriage.  I certainly don't and most people here do not either.  There is just no defending that type of thing.

You don't address the scripture I posted...again that is typical of your 'style'.  You accuse and distort and make false statements.

It is a truly obnoxious way of trying to conceal the fact that your particular doctrine of needing to still fulfill only certain parts of the law in order to be saved, is wrong.

As you are unable to demonstrate that you are right, you attack and try to create a messy fight which will derail the thread.  

I would hope that someone who claims to know as much as you claim to know, would be above that sort of thing, but I guess not.  

You appear to have difficulty in understanding scripture.  I'll quote the following again:

It is crucially important that we understand repentance is not a work we do to earn salvation. No one can repent and come to God unless God pulls that person to Himself (John 6:44).Acts 5:31and11:18indicate that repentance is something God gives—it is only possible because of His grace. No one can repent unless God grants repentance. All of salvation, including repentance and faith, is a result of God drawing us, opening our eyes, and changing our hearts. God's longsuffering leads us to repentance (2 Peter 3:9), as does His kindness (Romans 2:4).

Read more:http://www.gotquesti...l#ixzz3L9RTLC3X

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

I have to step in and remind people that we all claim to be Christian adults.  As Christian adults, we should inquire if what we think someone is saying is what they are trying to say, instead of assuming or reading into others words.  That is maturity in Him when we do so.  To do otherwise, we are responding in the flesh, which takes me to this part of the ToS.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

From what I see, when someone is not sure and assumes to understanding what someone means and does not confirm this, but posts as if it is factual, that statement would fall under inaccurate, and possibly a couple others.

Please, Brothers and Sisters, when you have a question of what someone is saying, ask them to clarify and do not respond as if you are 100% sure what you think is right. Respect each other in Christ, for we all are part of Him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Butero: "You didn't answer my questions Tinky.  Are you saying that if I am a professing Christian, I can run around on my wife and be ok with God?" 

No. Not at all. God will certainly chastise His children, but our salvation is still secure - because it's not based on what we do, but what Jesus did, on the cross. If keeping our salvation is based on our performance in any way, then we can rightfully claim part of God's glory for ourselves. We can proudly declare we have a share in redemption and deserve some of the praise reserved for God.

Butero: "This shows the need for performance.  I gave the example of a fornicator and adulterer, two things on this list that will keep you from inheriting the Kingdom of God."

I'm sorry, but you are starting to sound pharisaical - heaping rules upon people - until they are so weighed down, they are crushed. The reason Scripture states the things you quoted, is to show once and for all that nobody can keep the law - because God requires perfection for anyone to enter His Kingdom. Perfection in thought, word and deed. That's the reason why Jesus said if you even lust after a woman, as far as God is concerned, it's the same as committing the act of adultery. Or if you hate your brother, you are a murderer. 

As a matter of fact, the Bible says that anyone who tries to continue on with the Law after salvation is under a curse. Actual believers do strive to obey God, but it is out of love and reverence for what He did to save us - not out of obligation. We will still fall, because we are still in the flesh. 

Whether you accept it or not, we will all remain sinners until we go to glory. Some will go on to great rewards, and some will arrive "as if through fire" having all of their works deemed worthless. 

Remember, even Paul said, "I am the chief of all sinners" not "I was."

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

I'm interested in what others believe actual repentance entails.

Do you think it is simply a "changing of one's mind" or must one "forsake their sins" in the manner of "Lordship salvation"? 

Thanks in advance!  :emot-heartbeat:

One has to forsake their sins or die in their sins. It is a choice a decision every individual will have to make in this life. It is God who does the work in our hearts and we must walk in that newness of life and forsake the walk of our old man and it's lifestyle. It is God who makes the inward change in our hearts when we reach out to him and call on him with our mouths and confession is made unto salvation and it is He who saves to the uttermost. Our conscious is sprinkeled with the blood from dead works to serve the living God. We are to serve God with our whole man body, soul and spirit.

If one does not believe they have to serve God after salvation from a grateful heart then don't that is the individuals choice and they will have to live with it. If one does believe they should serve God after salvation from a grateful heart then by all means do so that is the individuals choice and they will have to live with it as well.

Repentance should be genuine so one must ask themselves if their repentance was genuinely sorrowful to the point of turning away from it and not doing it again. Or just sorry but not sorry enough to forsake the sin that so doth easily beset them. If one continues on in their sins after salvation with no change then what were they saved from if they are still in their sins. Does not salvation have freedom? Or is there no freedom from sins bondage after salvation?