• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  193
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/11/1973

I went over www.oneplace.com and sure enough after I did a search for Left Behind there was the entire series FREE for the listening.  Thanks Joe! for the site.  Yesterday my son wanted to see the movie so we watched it.  Man, what a difference between the movie and the book.  I never realized it before because I saw the movie (both 1 & 2) and then years later started reading the books.  Now the movie makes a lot more sense to me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your welcome. Glad I could be of help.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Well the big earthquake has hit and much of the world is destroyed. Now all the girls are missing and the boys are busy searching for Haittie, Amanda and Cloe. So far no luck!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Well the big earthquake has hit and much of the world is destroyed.  Now all the girls are missing and the boys are busy searching for Haittie, Amanda and Cloe.  So far no luck!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know right where you're at in the books! I'd wish I could read them for the first time again. It's difficult to find a book that you just can't put down! ENJOY the read!

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I'm just finishing book 5 now. The skys gone dark wreaking havoc on the global solar system and the beasts of the air have been set loose stinging all the unbelievers including Hattie. Everyones gone into hiding. No ones got a job anymore. And more is on the way...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

I think Simon on American Idle should play Nicolae!

Blessings

Dan

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Good Morning Butterflykisses!

I woke up at 3am with heartburn (rarity for me) and thought I'd hop online for a bit.

I don't think they've taken the books too far. I believe the books are pretty scriptural, but I also don't forget that they are a work of fiction. I just learned recently that the new book came out.

I checked out the Left Behind Website and there is going to be a trilogy of books that prequel the 12 book series. It chronicles the lives of the characters before the rapture. Here is one revealing question asked of author Jerry B. Jenkins....

QUESTION: How will the three books be organized? Will each focus on specific characters? Or will each cover a segment of time leading up to the Rapture?

Jerry: We start with the birth of Antichrist and interweave it with Rayford (who is a schoolboy at the time). The story takes Nicolae Carpathia into his early twenties and Rayford into his early thirties. The second book will take these two characters to shortly before the Rapture and will pick up several other character stories: Buck, Leon, Tsion, Chaim, et al.

Here is another little blurb about "The Rising".

Countdown to the Rapture #1

The Rising

Antichrist Is Born

Marilena Carpathia has only one dream: to be a mother. So when a mysterious clairvoyant promises the fulfillment of this dream, Marilena does not hesitate. Through genetic engineering and the power of the prince of darkness himself, Marilena is about to become a chosen vessel, one who will unknowingly give birth to the greatest evil the world has ever known.

Halfway around the world, God's plans are subtly being carried out too. Young Ray Steele is determined to avoid one day taking over the family business. Instead, Ray sets his heart on becoming a pilot

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

butterflykisses, I think we'll find out when the book comes out. If it sells then it's not too far.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  12/18/1981

Pre-Tribber here... :b:

I read the entire series and enjoyed them very much, except I felt that the entire last book should have just been done as a good chapter or two at the end of book 11.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Also I was struck with how they sort of got  desperate to find ways to get rid of the characters.  What happened to Chloe?  Was the Lord leading her to her death? What possessed her to just walk out and get killed?!?!?!  I stopped reading the book after they killed off one of my favorite characters that way!  :thumbsup: lol I'm not going to say who it was, just that it was a guy...  :b:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually there is a case for just this butterflykisses, It is not that we live or die that is important, it is how we live and how we die that is important, and Chloe went out in style giving a lot of people uplifting courage in doing so. To any of us death should be nothing. Now the pain between here and there might be a different story. Just remember that Jesus told us that even if they kill us, not a hair on our heads will perish (that is assuming that there is hair on your head) If I could go the way she did it would be ok with me. I would need the help of the Spirit to carry through, but we have been promised this so it sould not be any big deal. I guess we'll most likely see in a while.......

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

I did like the series for the most part, but it obviously became drug out for the marketing factor. Initially it was going to be less than 10 books but when they became such a huge smash the series got longer and the books got shorter, lol.

I did have several disagreements. While I certainly don't play "devil's advocate" (who'd want to advocate for him anyway! :b: ) they made the False Prophet out to be a bafoon IMHO. I began getting the impression that they were taking their cues from old episodes of "Hogan's Heroes." I certainly believe that God could blind the Antichrist to things occuring right under his nose, but this is going to be the most powerful and most ruthless dictatorship known to man-is he really going to allow his plane to be bugged? Is he really going to allow a Christian website to operate right under his nose?

The second thing I had a problem with was when Chang received the mark of the Beast. I don't know about y'all, but I'd be kicking, screaming, and hollering that I was a Christian! Chang didn't volunteer that he was a Christian and I have serious misgivings about that.

Third thing is there seemed to be sort of an anti-Catholic spin in the 2nd book (I think it was the 2nd) when it said that most Catholic people didn't go in the rapture. I disagree with a lot of RCC doctrine, but I also know there are sincere Catholics out there who love Christ with all of their heart. I see that as judgemental as the writers aren't in God's position to judge who serves Him and who doesn't. There will be plenty of people from ALL denominations that won't go in the rapture and get left behind-I doubt any one denomination will hold a monopoly on that regretful fact.