OldSchool2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.97
  • Days Won:  0

...It seems almost a banal observation to make that a sizable swath of our citizenry hasn't a clue what the scientific method entails even though they are eager to avail themselves of the fruits of this enterprise.

"scientific method," as in "publish or perish"?

That was very well played   :thumbsup:

I suppose we should all genuflect and pay homage to: paleontology, archaeology,  anthropology, evolutionary biology, geology, cosmology, et al whenever we fire up the computer, cell phone, search the web, drive our cars, visit a doctor, ect .... these "disciplines" were Absolutely Crucial in the development of these technologies and services :clap:

Should we also pay homage to all the pharmaceutical companies who have and still are making vaccines from aborted babies?

http://www.rtl.org/prolife_issues/LifeNotes/VaccinesAbortion_FetalTissue.html

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,122
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

There are other uses for knowledge, yes?

Yes there is...

Should we also pay homage to all the pharmaceutical companies who have and still are making vaccines from aborted babies?

Those cell lines were started from fetal tissue, but to make the statement the way you are making it, it looks as though you are saying that they are killing babies to make these vaccines......               There are huge amounts of research and drug manufactureing that is done using the three cell lines that are available......      the babies were aborted by the parents for various reasons and a lot of good has come from the use of the tissue that has been produced from these three.     I see nothing wrong with using the tissue any more than I would organ transplants.

While I don't pay homage to those companies, I do give them thanks that my wife can still walk....

Those cell lines were started from fetal tissue, but to make the statement the way you are making it, it looks as though you are saying that they are killing babies to make these vaccines......               There are huge amounts of research and drug manufactureing that is done using the three cell lines that are available......      the babies were aborted by the parents for various reasons and a lot of good has come from the use of the tissue that has been produced from these three.     I see nothing wrong with using the tissue any more than I would organ transplants.

While I don't pay homage to those companies, I do give them thanks that my wife can still walk....

My wife and I refuse to get any vaccine using aborted babies as part of the process.  We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/facing-up-to-vaccines-created-with-aborted-fetal-cells

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

My wife and I refuse to get any vaccine using aborted babies as part of the process.  We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/facing-up-to-vaccines-created-with-aborted-fetal-cells

Besides vaccines, you have the debate of the stem cells used in research for soft drinks and a whole lot of foods. Seems too much to keep up on!

Besides vaccines, you have the debate of the stem cells used in research for soft drinks and a whole lot of foods. Seems too much to keep up on!

You are absolutely correct.  The ethics/morality is fuzzy at best.  I want to make it clear, I am not condemning anyone who believes otherwise.  There are some alternatives but it takes a lot of research to find them.

these cell lines are from cultures that were taken from aborted babies about 50 years ago...

these cell lines are from cultures that were taken from aborted babies about 50 years ago...

Why is that relevant?  Do you believe in situational ethics, morality, sin, ...?

Why is that relevant?  Do you believe in situational ethics, morality, sin, ...?

do you believe in organ transplants?

Do you believe that sometimes God uses bad situations to make good for deserving people.

Do you really think that someone with terrible diseases should refuse the cures and suffer in life or even early death just because a part of the cure came from a culture that was started from an aborted pregnancy 50 years ago.....              Do you REALLY believe that?

If your wife or daughter was in a wheel chair for the rest of her life and something came along that would repair the nerves so they could walk again, would you really leave them in that wheel chair.....             If so, thank God you are not my neighbor....

I'm as against abortion as you or any of you on this thread, but using these things to help other people is a whole different discussion.......   the baby is dead...   are you going to refuse the help for millions of others because some woman killed her kid????

GGRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr..........

do you believe in organ transplants?

Do you believe that sometimes God uses bad situations to make good for deserving people.

Do you really think that someone with terrible diseases should refuse the cures and suffer in life or even early death just because a part of the cure came from a culture that was started from an aborted pregnancy 50 years ago.....              Do you REALLY believe that?

If your wife or daughter was in a wheel chair for the rest of her life and something came along that would repair the nerves so they could walk again, would you really leave them in that wheel chair.....             If so, thank God you are not my neighbor....

I'm as against abortion as you or any of you on this thread, but using these things to help other people is a whole different discussion.......   the baby is dead...   are you going to refuse the help for millions of others because some woman killed her kid????

GGRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr..........

My wife has had 10-12 major surgeries, including losing two children during pregnancy. We have no children on this earth. I'm the healthy one. I have psoriatic arthritis in all my joints, epilepsy, degenerative disc disease in my back, bulging disc in my neck (C7) which causes me to lose feeling in my fingers, TIA (mini-stroke), an 8" diameter cyst in one kidney that I just had drained, migraines, 54% total lung function, etc., but still manage to work every day even though I am over 65. I have to -- I can't afford health insurance otherwise. As a child growing up, I had the usual childhood diseases plus: Hepatitis B (although my wife believes my psychopathic mother was poisoning me to get attention), shingles, rheumatic fever, rheumatic condition, etc.

Organ transplants are voluntary and setup usually before death. I have no problem there, or blood transfusions. Neither my wife or I have had either. We both live in constant pain and are grateful to the good doctors/nurses we have had over the years. But none of that would have been possible without God's help and our ultimate dependence on Him.

If my spelling is bad it's probably because my hands are shaking. Something new in the past couple of weeks. I don't judge you in your decisions. I can certainly see both sides of the argument.As for God using bad situations for good, one only has to read Job, or the prodigal son in the NT.