IGNORED

US Government Banning Donut Sprinkles

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

In keeping with liberal, tyrannical, communistic principles of limiting freedom for all, Obama's FDA has decided that you should not be allowed to have sprinkles on your donuts.   Evidently our tax dollars at work have nothing better to do than to tell us what we can and cannot eat, along with what kind of cars we should drive and what we should feed our children, and what kind of light bulbs we must use, how much soda we can drink,  and the kind of appliances we should buy.

Welcome to the USSR

http://politicalpistachio.blogspot.com/2014/12/obamas-fda-to-ban-doughnut-sprinkles.html?m=1

It is getting to the point where real life is looking like a parody of liberalism in America.  I personally like those little sprinkles on my donuts.  I suppose if they are going to ban them, they will ban letters for birthday cakes next, if they don't ban cakes next.  If you haven't seen the "Atlas Shrugged" movies or read the book, you need to in order to see where the Obama administration is taking us.  I just wonder how long people will continue to take this stuff without fighting back.  In this case, perhaps it is time to look at bootlegging donuts with sprinkles?  It can be the start of a new prohibition era like we had when alcohol was made illegal.  I can see it now, a modernized "Untouchables" in prime time where the feds are going after those who illegally make and sell donuts with sprinkles.  Get a life Washington.  There is going to come a time where the American people will rise up and say enough is enough. 

Guest shiloh357

Yeah, I think just a few weeks ago, they were coming out against us eating raw cookie dough.  Reports have surfaced of kids who don't like the food being served under Michelle Obama's school food initiatives, not being allowed to bring their lunches to school on the grounds that they need to buy the lunches at school so that her program will work.

At some point, we need to wake up and realize that we have allowed our representative government to take on too much power.  We have sat around, oblivious and disinterested in what is going on in government and we have let things get out of hand and now our representatives view themselves as the ruling elite.  "We the people" need to start reining them in.  They have forgotten that they work for us, not the other way around.

Tyranny always begins with,  "This is for your protection."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

They are also taking the trans fat another step forward, trying to ban it outright.  Forcing the manufactures to label the amount was not enough of a determent, I guess.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  292
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

The FDA is seeking to ban trans fats that are used to prolong the life in a number of baked goods.  This includes sprinkles.  Therefore, if you run a website that depends on throwing out click bait on a daily basis by feeding people's existing biases, you spin this as they are banning sprinkles.  In reality sprinkles will continue as always but just won't contain this type of trans fat...but who would click on a headline like "FDA Bans Trans Fats that Shorten Shelf LIfe of Some Baked Goods and Ingredients".

So yeah, kind of Russia like that you can't really trust what you read in the media.  As far as the FDA goes, here's a long list of FDA milestones spanning virtually every President in the last 100+ years.

http://www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/WhatWeDo/History/Milestones/ucm128305.htm

Edited by shoes_untied

Guest shiloh357

The FDA is seeking to ban trans fats that are used to prolong the life in a number of baked goods.  This includes sprinkles.  Therefore, if you run a website that depends on throwing out click bait on a daily basis by feeding people's existing biases, you spin this as they are banning sprinkles.  In reality sprinkles will continue as always but just won't contain this type of trans fat...but who would click on a headline like "FDA Bans Trans Fats that Shorten Shelf LIfe of Some Baked Goods and Ingredients".

So yeah, kind of Russia like that you can't really trust what you read in the media.  As far as the FDA goes, here's a long list of FDA milestones spanning virtually every President in the last 100+ years.

Like I said, this is how tyranny always begins.  It starts banning things on the grounds that this is for our protection, when the real motive is control. 

Your little list isn't the same as what we are talking about here. 

It is one thing to make sure that drugs do what they claim to do,  food is safe to eat and free of poisons, and that ingredients are correctly represented and that what is on the label is what is in the can. 

But this government is trying to control what you eat, what you can drink and how much, what your kids eat, what you can drive, and so on.  This ban on trans fats is just another example of that. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  292
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Like I said, this is how tyranny always begins.  It starts banning things on the grounds that this is for our protection, when the real motive is control. 

It is one thing to make sure that drugs do what they claim to do,  food is safe to eat and free of poisons, and that ingredients are correctly represented and that what is on the label is what is in the can. 

But this government is trying to control what you eat, what you can drink and how much, what your kids eat, what you can drive, and so on.  This ban on trans fats is just another example of that. 

I actually don't have a problem with you fighting the elimination of trans fats but what is being purported in the quasi news article is that that sprinkles are being banned which is frankly a lie being used just create click bait targeted at people so eager to hear something that feeds their conspiracy bias that they will believe it unquestioningly and then pass it on.

The reality is that trans fats do nothing for the enjoyment of the food you eat and while it does occur naturally in small amounts in some foods, it is nothing more than a manufactured preservative that allows bakeries to store baking materials or frozen baked goods longer.  If the sprinkles issues is of particular concern to you, fear not, they will still exist.  They will just have to be fresher when you consume them.

Whether this is over reaching or not is a fair question but since I live in the land of opportunity and would rather devote my time taking advantage of that, I would prefer not to have to have to become an expert at what is being added to my food in order to make it store longer.  Because of this, I'm glad that agencies like the FDA exists.  However, I do like the idea of keeping agencies like this in check which is why I object to a silly re-framing of the discussion as is happening in articles like this.  I don't want to waste my time on nonsense that doesn't keep me properly informed.

Guest shiloh357

I actually don't have a problem with you fighting the elimination of trans fats but what is being purported in the quasi news article is that that sprinkles are being banned which is frankly a lie being used just create click bait targeted at people so eager to hear something that feeds their conspiracy bias that they will believe it unquestioningly and then pass it on.

The information is in more reputable news sites, but they have side adds that promote questionable things so that I can't link to them here.  This was the only article that I could link to without violating the TOS.    But the story is carried by many news sites that are better.   It's not a lie.

The reality is that trans fats do nothing for the enjoyment of the food you eat and while it does occur naturally in small amounts in some foods, it is nothing more than a manufactured preservative that allows bakeries to store baking materials or frozen baked goods longer.  If the sprinkles issues is of particular concern to you, fear not, they will still exist.  They will just have to be fresher when you consume them.

I don't care about the sprinkles.  I don't eat the sprinkles generally.  It's the principle that I am concerned with.  It is the constant need this administration has to control what we buy and consume.   If trans fat is no big deal one way or the other there is no reason to ban it, other than to exercise control.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

I guess there are no wars, no terror threats, no hungry people, no homeless, no weather related concerns, no illegals coming through, no killings or riots etc. only these minor sprinkles to worry the government about. Peace has come to the U.S.!!

Guest shiloh357

I guess there are no wars, no terror threats, no hungry people, no homeless, no weather related concerns, no illegals coming through, no killings or riots etc. only these minor sprinkles to worry the government about. Peace has come to the U.S.!!

LOL