Dawn33

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I have attended a JW worship service and I wouldn't call them a cult. They make some very valid points.

I look in the Bible and I don't see scriptural evidence supporting the trinity or at least I can see how they interpret it that way. I am actually quite confused on the trinity issue because nowhere in the Bible does it say "He is three in one." So it's confusing.

Also they do not pay their clergy, I like that a lot. And they train their members to interact with the rest of the world, something a traditional church does not. I think learning to interact as a christian with the rest of the world is important and I think the church really fell flat on that.

I can also see how they can be precieved as a cult but I do not believe they are. They look and act and believe strange but isn't that the foundation of Christianity? Being seperate from the world?

But don't you find it cult like how they have added their own book, written from their own profit or founder ? 

*shrug* In all honesty I have no room to judge them. That's Gods job. I wouldn't say they are a cult and I don't agree with what they did to the Bible either. God called us to love thy neighbor. He said LOVE thy neighbor, not judge, not love conditionally. I can see both good and bad in JW's. I think about how the world views Christians and how Christians view JW's. We aren't going to change their minds by hating them. 

Plus some of what they believe made sense. Like about the trinity, I was genuinely confused (thanks again for those verses, Willa). I don't see the problem in questioning Christianity as long as you do it with the right motives and the right mindset. The right motives and right mindset being, wanting to find the truth and what the Bible really says. 

I believe that Satan has distorted our interpretation of the Bible so that's why I like asking big questions like that, so I can know FOR SURE if the Bible really means that or something else. Does all this make sense? 

No, I am afraid it does not make sense.  You asked a question, seem to reject answers, then defend them.  That does not make sense at all.  Sorry ...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

I have attended a JW worship service and I wouldn't call them a cult. They make some very valid points.

I look in the Bible and I don't see scriptural evidence supporting the trinity or at least I can see how they interpret it that way. I am actually quite confused on the trinity issue because nowhere in the Bible does it say "He is three in one." So it's confusing.

Also they do not pay their clergy, I like that a lot. And they train their members to interact with the rest of the world, something a traditional church does not. I think learning to interact as a christian with the rest of the world is important and I think the church really fell flat on that.

I can also see how they can be precieved as a cult but I do not believe they are. They look and act and believe strange but isn't that the foundation of Christianity? Being seperate from the world?

But don't you find it cult like how they have added their own book, written from their own profit or founder ? 

*shrug* In all honesty I have no room to judge them. That's Gods job. I wouldn't say they are a cult and I don't agree with what they did to the Bible either. God called us to love thy neighbor. He said LOVE thy neighbor, not judge, not love conditionally. I can see both good and bad in JW's. I think about how the world views Christians and how Christians view JW's. We aren't going to change their minds by hating them. 

Plus some of what they believe made sense. Like about the trinity, I was genuinely confused (thanks again for those verses, Willa). I don't see the problem in questioning Christianity as long as you do it with the right motives and the right mindset. The right motives and right mindset being, wanting to find the truth and what the Bible really says. 

I believe that Satan has distorted our interpretation of the Bible so that's why I like asking big questions like that, so I can know FOR SURE if the Bible really means that or something else. Does all this make sense? 

No, I am afraid it does not make sense.  You asked a question, seem to reject answers, then defend them.  That does not make sense at all.  Sorry ...

Please show me where I rejected answers. And please show me scripture where it says that it's ok to not love someone. There are verses about not associating with certain people but it says nothing about hating, bad-mouthing, or anything of the sort. 

Now, if there is TRULY something LEGITIMATE that I have not been clear on, let me know and I will try to clear it up as opposed to putting words in my mouth. Thanks! ;-D

We are called to reject heretical doctrines and told in the bible to avoid false teachers. 

Doesn't mean we have a right to hate them. We can hate what they do. Gods will for them is not to perish so our will for them should be that they not perish. Reject their teachings, hate what they believe, thus hating Satan but love the people because God loved them enough to create them and die for them. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

We are called to reject heretical doctrines and told in the bible to avoid false teachers. 

Doesn't mean we have a right to hate them. We can hate what they do. Gods will for them is not to perish so our will for them should be that they not perish. Reject their teachings, hate what they believe, thus hating Satan but love the people because God loved them enough to create them and die for them. 

Feel free to point out anywhere that I have shown hate for them. I have merely said the religion is a cult and that a Christian should not follow their teachings. They should be prayed for, witnessed to etc. I never once said or implied that we should hate them. Nor has anyone else shown hate for them.

Feel free to point out anywhere that I have shown hate for them. I have merely said the religion is a cult and that a Christian should not follow their teachings. They should be prayed for, witnessed to etc. I never once said or implied that we should hate them. Nor has anyone else shown hate for them

I think because I do not see them as a cult and a lot of people are using that word it's putting me on the defensive. Do I think they are a false religion, yes. Do they bring up good points? Yes. Should we search for answers in a Biblical manner? Yes. 

Using the word "Jehovah's Witness" usually kicks up a strong reaction from people because of what they believe. I may have been reading some of these comments in the wrong tone because of that and because this is the internet. Things are easily misinterpreted. 

I also think that because they are seen in such a negative light as Christians we should strive to see the best in them (as people) and not let their religion define them. Ya know? 

Guest shiloh357

JF, you need to show where anyone said that they hate JW's.    No one here has said that JWs are bad people.  Their arguments have only been aimed at what they teach, not them as a people group.   No hate has been spoken, only disagreement with their false teachings.    Calling the JWs a cult is not hate.  It doesn't mean they are bad people per se.  Calling them a cult is statement regarding their teaching.

I think you are throwing "hate" as awfully free and loose and you haven't shown that anyone here hates them.  Disagreeing with them is not hate.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

I think because I do not see them as a cult and a lot of people are using that word it's putting me on the defensive. Do I think they are a false religion, yes. Do they bring up good points? Yes. Should we search for answers in a Biblical manner? Yes. 

Does the Watchtower organization control the Jehovah's Witnesses' thinking?

http://carm.org/watchtower-organization-control-jehovahs-witnesses

“These few quotes should be more than adequate to demonstrate that the Watchtower not only maintains a control over the thinking of its adherents but also actually discourages independent thought. This is definitely one of the signs of a cult.”

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

You can't be a CHRISTian without accepting the Resurrection, the fact that Jesus is the Son of God or the Trinity.  It doesn't get any simpler than that.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

You can't be a CHRISTian without accepting the Resurrection, the fact that Jesus is the Son of God or the Trinity.  It doesn't get any simpler than that.

Hi, Morning Glory. Haven't heard from you in a while. Happy New Year.

My Thread hijack has finished.... I will now release it :whistling:

Do they bring up good points? Yes....

Should we search for answers in a Biblical manner? Yes....

:thumbsup:

Beloved Yes,

And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces.

In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates: Genesis 15:17-18

The Whole Bible

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Isaiah 44:6

Speaks Of The Lord Jesus

For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. Isaiah 54:5

And Beloved Yes,

Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel. Psalms 2:6-9

Some Have Even Rewritten The Whole Bible

Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.

Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him. Psalms 2:10-12

To Erase The LORD God Jehovah

Fill their faces with shame; that they may seek thy name, O LORD.

Let them be confounded and troubled for ever; yea, let them be put to shame, and perish:

That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth. Psalms 83:16-18

To Wipe Out His Name

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Philippians 2:6-8

The Biblical Jesus

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:9-11

From The Face

Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. Colossians 1:13-17

Of Earth

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:12

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

PS: The JW Doctrines And Their Monies Show Up At The Top

In Their Many Publishing Companies' Profits

And "Voluntary" Donations

~

The Average Joe Is Enslaved To The Publisher's Interpretation Of The Rewritten (Changed) Scriptures

John 1:1-3

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

In the Jehovah’s Witness Bible called the New World Translation, they translate John 1:1 as "In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was a god."  Notice that they add the word "a" before the end of the sentence.  It should not be there.  Now, we could go into Greek analysis of the verse, but that would be long, involved, and technical.  Instead, we can use a simpler approach.

We ask the JW if Satan is a true god or a false God.  The typical Jehovah's Witness will say that Satan is a false god.  Then we must ask the JW to read John 1:1 again in his Bible and tell us if Jesus who is "a god" there a true god or a false god. 

If he says "true god," that doesn't agree with his Watchtower theology and that would make Jesus true God.  If he says Jesus is a "false god," he's in trouble because that would make Jesus a false God.

Also, if Jesus is "a" god, according to the Witnesses, then doesn't that mean there are two gods?  It would seem so; but the JW often answers by saying, "There is only one God but Jesus is like God.  He is not the Almighty God.  He is only the mighty god.  And besides, there are those in the Bible who are called gods but really aren't."  The biblical response is to go to Isaiah 10:21 where God himself is called the Mighty God.  So if Jesus is not the Almighty God and only the mighty God, as the JW's maintain, then that makes Jesus God since GOD is called the mighty God the same as Jesus.

We must note that there are those who are compared to gods, such as Moses in Exodus 7:1 where God says to him "See, I make you as God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron shall be your prophet."  God is not, of course, making Moses a god.  He was saying that Moses will exhibit the power of God.  But John 1:1 does not say that Jesus is a God in the same sense as Moses was said to be "as" God. http://carm.org/responding-jehovahs-witness-attacks-bible

And The JW Assertion That Only They Can Approve Who Is Saved Or Not

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil. Ecclesiastes 12:13-14