• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

The reason I came up with this question is after reading Ephesians 1 22-23. And He put all things in subjection under His feet and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

So if he is head of all things to the church, why would we still be praying to the Father.

Because the Father is the ultimate and one true God. He is even the God of Jesus. There is no one higher than the Father. In Jesus' prayer in John 17 He said,

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. (Joh 17:3 KJV)

Paul said,

16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;

17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:  (Eph 1:16-17 KJV)

He also said,

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all. (1Co 15:27-28 KJV)

The Father is always the ultimate in authority.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Pamela

Jesus taught the disciples how to pray, to the Father.                                                                                   Posted by Enoch

Amen to that but also .......we are in an intimate relationship with our Lord & Savior,our Father ,the GodHead Triune.........be not thrown off by the word"prayer",speak to,talk to ,confide in,all Three(individually or together ).....different subjects,different persons in God ,let the Holy Spirit guide your spirit even into prayer.................

King James Bible
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.                                                                                                                       Romans 8:26

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,269
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0

Christ Jesus the only begotten Son of God, is the bridge for us to reach God.

1 Timothy 2: 4,5

4who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

5For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

6who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time...

God is Light and in Him is no darkness.

1 John 1:5

5This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all. 6If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth;…

Cross References

Christ Jesus was sent from God to free us from sin.

By His blood we are healed  (Isaiah 53)

Christ Jesus came to rescue the fallen adamic race and break satans power over us.

This was accomplished on the cross at Calvary (John 19: 28-30)

He is our advocate, our intercessor to God, who pleads our case before God,

1John 2;1,2

1My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; 2and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.…

Through Christ Jesus sacrifice on the cross, dying for our sins makes us acceptable to come into the presence of God because of His shed blood covering on us and over our sins.

Colossians 1: 21,22,23

21And although you were formerly alienated and hostile in mind, engaged in evil deeds, 22yet He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach-- 23if indeed you continue in the faith firmly established and steadfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel that you have heard, which was proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, was made a minister.

Of course God will meet you where you are at, when you seek Him with all your heart and reveal more about Himself and His son , though His Holy spirit working in your heart ...as you continue developing your relationship with Him.

Jeremiah 29:1

You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

Christ Jesus  said :ask in my name...

Christ Jesus said: "Whatever you ask in My name, that I will do

so my Father may be glorified in the Son."

John 14:12-13

12"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father. 13"Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14"If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.

John 16:23   Christ Jesus said: 

23"In that day you will not question Me about anything. Truly, truly, I say to you, if you ask the Father for anything in My name, He will give it to you.

24"Until now you have asked for nothing in My name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be made full...

God is looking for a sincere heart and spirit when we pray.

John 4:24

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

Psalm 25:4-5 

Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long.

Psalm 40:4

Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

How can you be certain whether you are talking to God or not just a figment of your imagination or the devil pretending to be God?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

How can you be certain whether you are talking to God or not just a figment of your imagination or the devil pretending to be God?

God knows when you are talking to Him.  He knows your heart.  All the hairs on your head at this moment are even numbered. (no not odd and even numbered). He is totally soverign, all knowing, and if you are talking to someone else, you seriously need to get saved.  If something is happening where you are hearing something and not sure who it is, it is probably not God.   That does happen, unfortunately.  But I do know it is very important to know scripture so that anything contrary to scripture said you will know for certain it is not God. 

Blessings.  Prayer to you concerning this and your growth in your walk with God.  Certainly hope all is well.  Take care.

:thumbsup:

Believe

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17

And Be Blessed Beloved

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6

Love, Joe

God knows when you are talking to Him.  He knows your heart.  All the hairs on your head at this moment are even numbered. (no not odd and even numbered). He is totally soverign, all knowing, and if you are talking to someone else, you seriously need to get saved.  If something is happening where you are hearing something and not sure who it is, it is probably not God.   That does happen, unfortunately.  But I do know it is very important to know scripture so that anything contrary to scripture said you will know for certain it is not God. 

Blessings.  Prayer to you concerning this and your growth in your walk with God.  Certainly hope all is well.  Take care.

I like the fact that you care about people's courage I have no doubts at all, but I was wondering if anyone has found a sure and certain way of knowing or even testing the connection to God.

Now, you mentioned the unerring care of God for His own, which really is vital and the only connection by faith.

But the scriptures also ask the Christian to "add to faith knowledge" and I am pretty sure the only knowledge worth having is that of God's love towards His creatures.

I was in a crisis once, where I was breaking away from the realms of Satanic influence, when I was assailed with serious doubt about who I might be talking to, and I asked the Q to my self as above, receiving an answer almost immediately, and I was wondering if others may have been given the same answer.

Believe

And Be Blessed Beloved

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6

Love, Joe

It's pretty clear from the text that faith comes first. I have been in a situation where my faith was in the balance, and I needed a test to apply to whatever situation I might come into that was spiritually tricky. I did not ask God for a sign, because I could not know who i was praying to, so He gave me something simple that can be applied, as I found out later, whenever there is doubt or spiritual deception, it is like a shield. I was wondering if anyone has found the same, without me telling what it is. 

Believe

And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

It's pretty clear from the text that faith comes first. I have been in a situation where my faith was in the balance, and I needed a test to apply to whatever situation I might come into that was spiritually tricky. I did not ask God for a sign, because I could not know who i was praying to, so He gave me something simple that can be applied, as I found out later, whenever there is doubt or spiritual deception, it is like a shield. I was wondering if anyone has found the same, without me telling what it is. 

What It Is

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

Never Fails

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160