IGNORED

Obama a No-Show at Paris Rally

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2015/01/10/why-isnt-president-obama-going-to-paris/

As of late, the are now sending the Sec of State, but that's just too little too late.

The excuse offered by the Administration is that the president's security detail was just too large and would have distracted from the event.  Yeah, like none of the other world leaders would have large security details of their own present at the event. 

This really shows a lack of leadership and sends the wrong message to other world leaders and sends the wrong message to the terrorists as well. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

But even if Obama went, he would still be an empty gesture in a empty suit.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I'm not surprised in the slightest. In fact I would have been shocked if he had have gone.

Guest shiloh357

Well you know, he is the president and presidents have really busy schedules and meetings and important briefings and they have stay on top of what's important to the best interests of the country, so shouldn't we give him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he had an important national security issue to deal with, or some other pressing concern that demanded his immediate attention and would naturally take precedence over a rally?

Well, you might think that's the case... Turns out that it's not...   in fact, he had nothing to do...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/01/11/did-a-public-obligation-keep-obama-from-attending-paris-rally-his-sunday-schedule-spells-it-out/

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

What a surprise that no one representing the US showed up. I guess actions speak volumes.

i'm not surprised either. i think he didn't want to go because he's supportive of the terrorists. that's just my opinion. regardless of what the reason is, it shows a lack of class and a total lack of respect.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  128
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  10/14/1958

This really shows a lack of leadership and sends the wrong message to other world leaders and sends the wrong message to the terrorists as well. 

He can be counted on doing the wrong thing for America.

imo, he has personal scores to settle with this country, and, in one of the most bizarre cases of truth being stranger than fiction, managed to become president.  The fact that he still has legions of supporters is truly horrifying.

The good and great America that once was doesn't exist anymore.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  292
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

OK, maybe I’m just feeling ornery today and since I voted for Bush twice, then McCain, and then Romney there isn’t any reason I shouldn’t take a nice easy ride on the “against everything Obama regardless” train.  Trying to remember the European leaders that made an appearance her in the US after we lost almost 3000 citizens in the 911 attacks to show their solidarity against terrorism and seem to be drawing a blank.  I know the 19 members of NATO issued a formal statement of solidarity but I don’t really recall feeling the love of the world afterwards.

I was in Europe about 7 months after the attacks and while it is not fair to all Europeans to cast a broad net, the general attitude was that we should not have been surprised and that it was largely the culmination of us being international interventionist bullies.  I know there are some moderators here from Europe so feel free to correct me although Great Brittan was probably the most supportive of western European countries.  One of our biggest critics was France.  Remember we were all going to start using the term “freedom fries” instead of “French fries?”

I’m sure if the President could take a mulligan (using golf terms he would be familiar with) he would send representatives.  However, I didn’t hear anyone in advance calling for the President to go or send a representative.  In fact, if he had gone, it would not surprise me at all to see the whole slate of predictable pundits spinning this as just more evidence of Obama caring more about Europeans than he does Americans and all the tpnn.com like sites would be posting spin about how Obama barely interrupted his daily state legislative/lawyer life when we were bombed.  We would also likely be seeing song and dance about France’s arrogance in thinking this terrorist attack

As far as our respect in the world is concerned, based on two trips to Europe during the Bush administration, it would be hard to convince me that Obama is held in lower esteem than Bush ever has been.  Even if Europeans are upset that Obama did not show it would be used as evidence of France’s arrogance (an opinion I would be sympathetic to) thinking this loss was more important in the world than the widespread violence on a much larger scale in other places like Nigeria and the middle east.

Funny how, with the same crowd, Obama is usually the preferred enemy in just about any situation.

Edited by shoes_untied

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

While it's not the best source , ( see section Western world and rest of The World) 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactions_to_the_September_11_attacks

Not to mention the 46 countries that deployed troupes and lost troupes in Afghanistan.

Your country was not left alone.