tigger398

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  2

If Matthew 24:40 -41, clearly belongs to the return of the "Son of man" then what verses cover the rapture?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Salty,

the eagles gathering where the carcase is, sounds like something about the dead etc, but I don't believe that anymore, because the previous two verses are talking about the manner of the coming of Christ, how it happens rather than what happens. Would you agree?

"As the lightning out of the east, shining unto the west..." It covers the entire sky.

and as the eagles gather together.

I have been in a broad valley where a carcase of an animal lay, and from out of nowhere, high in the sky the vultures began to circle down, their flights covering the entire sky. It reminded me of this text.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  3

Salty,

the eagles gathering where the carcase is, sounds like something about the dead etc, but I don't believe that anymore, because the previous two verses are talking about the manner of the coming of Christ, how it happens rather than what happens. Would you agree?

"As the lightning out of the east, shining unto the west..." It covers the entire sky.

I have been in a broad valley where a carcase of an animal lay, and from out of nowhere, high in the sky the vultures began to circle down, their flights covering the entire sky. It reminded me of this text.

The "carcase" idea our Lord Jesus used in Matt.24:28 was His answer in Luke 17:37 of where the first one taken would be taken to...

So no, I would not agree, since our Lord Jesus gave us more info about that 'taken' idea here in Luke 17.

Luke 17

34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

37 And they answered and said unto Him, "Where, Lord?" And He said unto them, "Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together."

Just as with many topics spread out in different parts of God's Word, especially in The Four Gospels, the combination of related parts makes a whole. If we skip His Message on a subject in one Book we will most likely miss His real intent of the teaching. So once these Luke 17:34-37 passages are understood about the one 'taken', then we go back and look at Matthew 24 and understand what He really meant.

In the OT prophets, God also gave a flood metaphor for how the enemey comes in like a flood for the end times. It's also used about the Antichrist in the Dan.9 example, and in Rev.12 about waters as a flood coming out of the serpent's mouth. That's a parallel for the end times of the flood of Noah's days, but it has a spiritual meaning for the last days, not another literal flood like in Noah's day.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  67

Salty,

The "carcase" idea our Lord Jesus used in Matt.24:28 was His answer in Luke 17:37 of where the first one taken would be taken to...

So no, I would not agree, since our Lord Jesus gave us more info about that 'taken' idea here in Luke 17.

Luke 17

34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

37 And they answered and said unto Him, "Where, Lord?" And He said unto them, "Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together."

Just as with many topics spread out in different parts of God's Word, especially in The Four Gospels, the combination of related parts makes a whole. If we skip His Message on a subject in one Book we will most likely miss His real intent of the teaching. So once these Luke 17:34-37 passages are understood about the one 'taken', then we go back and look at Matthew 24 and understand what He really meant.

In the OT prophets, God also gave a flood metaphor for how the enemey comes in like a flood for the end times. It's also used about the Antichrist in the Dan.9 example, and in Rev.12 about waters as a flood coming out of the serpent's mouth. That's a parallel for the end times of the flood of Noah's days, but it has a spiritual meaning for the last days, not another literal flood like in Noah's day.

Hey salty,

By body, couldn't that be understood to mean, "the body of Christ."  Being that those taken immediately return with Him to what we see depicted in Revelation chapter 19?  That is my understanding of it.  I don't see that those taken are said to be the carcasses, just that they will be where the carcasses are.

God bless you.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  244
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

there is the possibility that since flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven when the rapture occurs peoples bodies could fall to the ground dead as they are not needed when our spirits aquire the new tent in a twinkling of the eye

thus a person could be taken yet their bodies are not............who knows but God alone what this event will look like

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  3

Salty,

Luke 17

Hey salty,

By body, couldn't that be understood to mean, "the body of Christ."  Being that those taken immediately return with Him to what we see depicted in Revelation chapter 19?  That is my understanding of it.  I don't see that those taken are said to be the carcasses, just that they will be where the carcasses are.

God bless you.

No, it cannot mean the Body of Christ because in the Matthew 24:28 version of that Luke 17:37 verse, the Greek word for "carcase" literally means a 'dead' body. And Christ's Body certainly is not... a dead body.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  67

Salty,

Luke 17

Hey salty,

God bless you.

No, it cannot mean the Body of Christ because in the Matthew 24:28 version of that Luke 17:37 verse, the Greek word for "carcase" literally means a 'dead' body. And Christ's Body certainly is not... a dead body.

Yes, but what I'm saying is that at this battle, many of the enemy are slain.  They are the carcasses.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Luke verse is weird. The luke 17 one. Sounds like homosexuality 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,996
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.68
  • Days Won:  226

Thought second coming was judgement.

It is and occurs after the last 7 years of Daniel's 70th week. But it is not the final judgement. It is the sheep and goat judgment at the beginning of the Millenium.

A lot of people get the sheep and goat judgment confused.