• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I found some verses that sounds like the rapture. Matthew 24:40 and 24:41. If not rapture tell me what it means. Read from verse 39 all the way to 44

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

I agree completely tigger, that is the imagery of the rapture.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

I found some verses that sounds like the rapture. Matthew 24:40 and 24:41. If not rapture tell me what it means. Read from verse 39 all the way to 44

Those are verses referring to the second coming not the rapture that will take place before the tribulation.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,243
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

I agree with  bopeep & Parker,

Marilyn.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Thought second coming was judgement.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

I agree with you on that as well tigger.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

I agree with you on that as well tigger.

I agree as well.  And don't forget that the "rapture" is just a part of a larger event:

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.  1 Thess 4:15-17

There is a resurrection that precedes the "catching up".  The resurrection happens on the last day.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Not quite. See the Luke 17 version, especially our Lord Jesus' answer to His disciples when they asked Him "Where, Lord?" about the first one 'taken', just where they were taken to. Then look at the Matthew 24:28 version of His answer, pointing to their being like a dead "carcase". The example of Noah is that he and his family were protected in the ark that went through... the flood. The idea of the first one taken in Luke 17 is about those taken in deception and thus gathered as a dead carcase wheresover the eagles are (which actually means being surrounded and supped on by birds of prey which represent who?).

Our Heavenly Father and His Son will allow anyone to be deceived if that's what they want. A good way to do that is to hop and skip in His Word instead of using discipline to read and study it line upon line so you don't miss anything He gave us.

Likewise with the latter Matt.24 example of the "goodman of the house", He gave that to show the difference between His faithful servants who stay on 'watch' so as to not be surprised by the thief breaking in at night. The one not watching instead allows his house to be broken up per that parable. Watch for what then? The "as a thief" timing...

In 1 Thess.5, 2 Peter 3:10, and our Lord Jesus in Rev.16:15, those are all examples tied to that idea of His coming "as a thief". And they are hard-linked to events of the Day of The Lord that will only occur at very end of the "great tribulation" our Lord Jesus taught.

Watching for the event of our Lord Jesus' second coming, as it will be "as a thief in the night", is about staying faithful all the way through the tribulation and to the time of the Day of The Lord when He comes as written. It is not about just the idea of 'being ready' without any idea of knowing what He commanded us to watch. It is not about simply being ready to be raptured out prior to the tribulation, because He nor none of His Apostles ever taught that kind of idea.

But He will allow us to believe whatever we want, and follow things other than what He said.

It is and occurs after the last 7 years of Daniel's 70th week. But it is not the final judgement. It is the sheep and goat judgment at the beginning of the Millenium.