IGNORED

State of the Union Address

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

True, Onelight.   One of his weaknesses is that he believes his own hype.   When he first got elected, he thought he could make everyone do what he wanted just by sheer power of his words.  He was put up on such a high pedestal and now it has been made clear that he can't deliver.

Guest shiloh357

It was interesting that Obama was pandering to the middle class and pretending that he knows what's it's like to make mortgage payments and struggle to make ends meet. He tries to make the rich look evil, 

The outfit  Michelle Obama was wearing retails for$2600.  The jacket alone was around $1600.   But if you're in the middle class, he wants you to know that he feels your pain.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

It was interesting that Obama was pandering to the middle class and pretending that he knows what's it's like to make mortgage payments and struggle to make ends meet. He tries to make the rich look evil, 

The outfit  Michelle Obama was wearing retails for$2600.  The jacket alone was around $1600.   But if you're in the middle class, he wants you to know that he feels your pain.

Does he know how many months of mortgage payments on my home her outfit is worth? How many months of grocery bills that would pay for? How many months of car payments that is? I should live as good as they do.

Guest shiloh357

That's the thing.  They are elitists and they live in a world of hypocrisy.  They go on ultra-luxurious vacations but act like those in corporate America make too much money and live too well.   They paint the rich in business as evil, while he and Michelle live the high life and force the tax payer to foot the bill.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Days Won:  22

Cannot take one minute of that voice.  

I didn't watch it.  I don't believe anything Obama says, and wasn't going to put myself through having to endure another of his speeches.  Even Rush Limbaugh and Mark Levin refused to watch it this year.  One of them compared listening to an Obama speech with being water boarded. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  128
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/14/1958

I didn't watch it.  I don't believe anything Obama says, and wasn't going to put myself through having to endure another of his speeches.  Even Rush Limbaugh and Mark Levin refused to watch it this year.  One of them compared listening to an Obama speech with being water boarded. 

I didn't either.  As I understand it, lots more 'investment' in the middle class, courtesy the ebil rich.

Disgraceful covetousness and theft by government proxy. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

Thing is, a lot of middle class will be hurt. He wants to raid inheritance, capital gains, and 401k's. That is going to hurt anyone who made an attempt to save a nest egg or who tried to save to provide something to give to their children. 

Guest shiloh357

Oh they are now wanting to tax people who have those  529 accounts that people use to save for their kids' college education.   I am glad we now have a chance in Congress to block the president from carrying out his crazy policies.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Did not watch the State of the Union address.

I believe it was Mark Twain who once said that 'giving authority to government is like watching a baby play with a hammer'.