• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,119
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

Rev. 7:9 NKJV After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands... 13 Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, “Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?” 14 And I said to him, “Sir, you know.” So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple. And He who sits on the throne will dwell among them."

1) Who are these people?
2) Why does this passage come after the 6th Seal, and before the 7th Seal?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Rev. 7:9 NKJV After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands... 13 Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, “Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?” 14 And I said to him, “Sir, you know.” So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple. And He who sits on the throne will dwell among them."

1) Who are these people?

These are the Tribulation Saints who did not go in the Rapture because they were not a Christian.They have come to faith during the tribulation and will be martyred and will go into the Millennium.

These are the Tribulation Saints who did not go in the Rapture because they were not a Christian.They have come to faith during the tribulation and will be martyred and will go into the Millennium.

Lot of assumptions here. Jesus said,

Luke 21:36  “Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

Here we see saints standing before the the Lamb/Son of Man:

Rev. 7:17 "the Lamb is in the midst of the throne..."

Nothing said about these saints being martyred, nothing said about them coming to faith during the trib. Rather, it says they are standing before the throne of God in heaven, and before the Lamb, just as Jesus said those who escape will do.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12

1) Who are these people?

I'll take a stab at it, with scriptural support.

1)  From the text, they are the ones that have come out of the great tribulation.  The phrase "great multitude which no one could number" is very telling.  The false prophet comes after the apostasy and with all the deception of wickedness according to 2 Thess 2, and according to this verse:For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, there can not possibly be an innumerable multitude that "come to faith" all of a sudden.  There is no support for a "great revival" anywhere, only evidence to the contrary, so this multitude is made up of the church from around the world.

2) because the 6th seal marks the end of the great tribulation.  Compare the 6th seal with Matthew 24:29.  And these come out of the great tribulation.

Just read Scripture literally and you can't miss it.If you are not pre-trib then you are going to be resistant as to my interpretation.

Revelation 13:7

Revelation 14:12-13

Revelation 20:4

The Holy Spirit will be very active during the tribulation and will bring a very large harvest of believers to Christ.The Holy Spirit and the Two Witnesses.The disadvantage in this is that they will be under a huge persecution from the anti-christ.There will be a handful that will survive and go into the 1000 year Millennium.

1)  From the text, they are the ones that have come out of the great tribulation.  The phrase "great multitude which no one could number" is very telling.  The false prophet comes after the apostasy and with all the deception of wickedness according to 2 Thess 2, and according to this verse:For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, there can not possibly be an innumerable multitude that "come to faith" all of a sudden.  There is no support for a "great revival" anywhere, only evidence to the contrary, so this multitude is made up of the church from around the world.

2) because the 6th seal marks the end of the great tribulation.  Compare the 6th seal with Matthew 24:29.  And these come out of the great tribulation.

Sound reasoning overall, with the minor caveat that the 2 Thes. 2 stuff might be a wee bit underdeveloped, and lose some folks. (Picky, picky, picky.)

Just read Scripture literally and you can't miss it.If you are not pre-trib then you are going to be resistant as to my interpretation.

The Holy Spirit will be very active during the tribulation and will bring a very large harvest of believers to Christ.The Holy Spirit and the Two Witnesses.The disadvantage in this is that they will be under a huge persecution from the anti-christ.There will be a handful that will survive and go into the 1000 year Millennium.

So you are saying that the saints of Rev. 7 are the same people as the "souls who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus" in Rev. 20:4?? A very hard sell. It doesn't begin to answer the question of why they would be mentioned between the 6th and 7th Seals, 13 chapters earlier.

So you are saying that the saints of Rev. 7 are the same people as the "souls who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus" in Rev. 20:4?? A very hard sell. It doesn't begin to answer the question of why they would be mentioned between the 6th and 7th Seals, 13 chapters earlier.

Yes,that is what I am saying.You can take it or leave my interpretation.When I read Revelation literally that is how I interpret it.I will try to find answers about you questions of the 6th and 7 seals.If not Parker 1 is a very good teacher on this.Maybe he has some answers for you.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12

Sound reasoning overall, with the minor caveat that the 2 Thes. 2 stuff might be a wee bit underdeveloped, and lose some folks. (Picky, picky, picky.)

The reason I put the 2 Thess 2 bit in there is just to give an idea of the spiritual climate in the last days.  Those days are not conducive to a "great revival" as some suppose.  It's actually quite the opposite. 

The reason I put the 2 Thess 2 bit in there is just to give an idea of the spiritual climate in the last days.  Those days are not conducive to a "great revival" as some suppose.  It's actually quite the opposite. 

Completely agree.

"...the falling away/apostasia/apostasy comes first..." 2 Thes. 2:3

2 Tim. 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.

Plenty of those fables are being posted on this and other Christian websites, so we can see that the apostasy is well on its way.