Sister

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

That's a bit to take in but it sounds reasonable.  God is certainly able to take dry bones and make them live.  I think it's important to make the distinction between "being raised from the dead" and being raised immortal.  Someone raised from the dead can die again but someone raised immortal can not be subjected again to a natural death.

Hi Last Daze

Yes a lot to take in, which is why I couldn't put all those scriptures in one post.

Those dry bones being "raised from the dead" are spoken of in Ezekiel 37, and yes not the same as being raised immortal.  We have many examples of that throughout the NT.

The general rule is that it is appointed for men to die once, but in some cases there are exceptions to this rule.

Isaiah 49:6   And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

I'm curious as to who you see as the gentiles that make it into the millennial kingdom.  The first resurrection, being raised immortal, includes those who are dead in Christ and those who are alive at His coming.  This happens on the day of the Lord, the last day, when He sets up His kingdom.  That would leave only unbelievers?

Isaiah 11:4   But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

Regarding the surviving unbelievers, the very wicked will be removed at the coming, but there are many in this world that do not know Christ.  They could be of any religion, race or culture, or they could be the ones that missed out in this lifetime of all the good things, eg, the poor, the sick, the oppressed.  They may of lacked truth, but had love in their heart, who knows, or they may include Christians who failed the test and took the Mark of the beast.

The fact is, they will witness the coming, and witness a different world ruled by Christ.  They will experience a world without evil.  They will talk and say things like this, "remember how bad things used to be?,  look we have food now, and no man oppresses us".  Talk will spread, and the main reason is that their future children, born without the Mark of the Beast, will get a chance to know the Lord, for knowledge will spread throughout the earth.

Isaiah 14:7   The whole earth is at rest, and is quiet: they break forth into singing.

Isaiah 14:8   Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee, and the cedars of Lebanon, saying, Since thou art laid down, no feller is come up against us.

Isaiah 32:15   Until the spirit be poured upon us from on high, and the wilderness be a fruitful field, and the fruitful field be counted for a forest.

Isaiah 32:16   Then judgment shall dwell in the wilderness, and righteousness remain in the fruitful field.

Isaiah 32:18   And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places;

The wilderness was the world,  It will be turned into a forest producing fruit spiritually. 

The earth is at rest, but it's beauty will not compare to those living inside the Kingdom.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  67

Hello sister,

I wanted to share this with you in regards to your conclusions regarding the remnant and the 144,000.  Just something for you to consider, I will just post a small portion, but recommend reading the entire chapter.

Zephaniah 3:11 On that day you, Jerusalem, will not be put to shame
    for all the wrongs you have done to me,
because I will remove from you
    your arrogant boasters.
Never again will you be haughty
    on my holy hill.
12 But I will leave within you
    the meek and humble.
The remnant of Israel
    will trust in the name of the Lord.
13 They will do no wrong;
    they will tell no lies.

A deceitful tongue
    will not be found in their mouths.
They will eat and lie down
    and no one will make them afraid.”

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.11
  • Days Won:  4

...  I'm curious as to who you see as the gentiles that make it into the millennial kingdom.  The first resurrection, being raised immortal, includes those who are dead in Christ and those who are alive at His coming.  This happens on the day of the Lord, the last day, when He sets up His kingdom.  That would leave only unbelievers?

William butting in here to respond to the question. Consider Rev. 1:7

When Jesus comes in the clouds to take up his elect, every eye will witness his coming, believer and unbeliever alike. "Those who are ready" -- the wise virgins, Matt. 25:10 -- will go with him. Everyone else, including the foolish virgins who believe in him, will not.

I agree with this statement, however, I don't think we agree on when this resurrection takes place.  There is a time period after the sixth bowl and before the seventh trumpet / bowl.  This is the time that Jesus describes as when He will come like a thief; Rev 16:15.  If I understand Daniel right, it's 45 days.  During the time of waiting / testing after the sixth bowl, those who resisted the false prophet are again enticed by his deception to worship him.  This time, however, the two witnesses have been killed and the effects of the plagues have subsided.  He seems victorious.  Who will stay true to the Lord (5 wise) and who will succumb to the false prophet's enticements (5 foolish)? 

Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision.  Joel 3:14

Then, on the last day, when the seventh trumpet sounds, Christ comes in the clouds for the resurrection.  The 5 foolish then realize their foolishness and many I suspect will repent.  Those who repent, I believe, will be among those who enter the millennial kingdom.  Meanwhile, the 5 wise are with Christ at the wedding feast.  Later on that day, the day of the Lord, Christ returns with the saints, His kingdom is established, and they rule for 1000 years.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.11
  • Days Won:  4

That's a bit to take in but it sounds reasonable.  God is certainly able to take dry bones and make them live.  I think it's important to make the distinction between "being raised from the dead" and being raised immortal.  Someone raised from the dead can die again but someone raised immortal can not be subjected again to a natural death.

Hi Last Daze

Yes a lot to take in, which is why I couldn't put all those scriptures in one post.

Those dry bones being "raised from the dead" are spoken of in Ezekiel 37, and yes not the same as being raised immortal.  We have many examples of that throughout the NT.

The general rule is that it is appointed for men to die once, but in some cases there are exceptions to this rule.

Isaiah 49:6   And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

I'm curious as to who you see as the gentiles that make it into the millennial kingdom.  The first resurrection, being raised immortal, includes those who are dead in Christ and those who are alive at His coming.  This happens on the day of the Lord, the last day, when He sets up His kingdom.  That would leave only unbelievers?

Isaiah 11:4   But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

Regarding the surviving unbelievers, the very wicked will be removed at the coming, but there are many in this world that do not know Christ.  They could be of any religion, race or culture, or they could be the ones that missed out in this lifetime of all the good things, eg, the poor, the sick, the oppressed.  They may of lacked truth, but had love in their heart, who knows, or they may include Christians who failed the test and took the Mark of the beast.

The fact is, they will witness the coming, and witness a different world ruled by Christ.  They will experience a world without evil.  They will talk and say things like this, "remember how bad things used to be?,  look we have food now, and no man oppresses us".  Talk will spread, and the main reason is that their future children, born without the Mark of the Beast, will get a chance to know the Lord, for knowledge will spread throughout the earth.

Isaiah 14:7   The whole earth is at rest, and is quiet: they break forth into singing.

Isaiah 14:8   Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee, and the cedars of Lebanon, saying, Since thou art laid down, no feller is come up against us.

Isaiah 32:15   Until the spirit be poured upon us from on high, and the wilderness be a fruitful field, and the fruitful field be counted for a forest.

Isaiah 32:16   Then judgment shall dwell in the wilderness, and righteousness remain in the fruitful field.

Isaiah 32:18   And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places;

The wilderness was the world,  It will be turned into a forest producing fruit spiritually.

The earth is at rest, but it's beauty will not compare to those living inside the Kingdom.

It makes sense to me that there will be those in remote areas, where the grasp of the false prophet isn't very tight, that will make it through.  You've also brought up an interesting possibility by including "Christians who failed the test and took the mark of the beast" in those who make it through.  I tend to agree.  I think they will be among the 5 foolish.

Hello sister,

I wanted to share this with you in regards to your conclusions regarding the remnant and the 144,000.  Just something for you to consider, I will just post a small portion, but recommend reading the entire chapter.

Zephaniah 3:11 On that day you, Jerusalem, will not be put to shame

for all the wrongs you have done to me,

because I will remove from you

your arrogant boasters.

Never again will you be haughty

on my holy hill.

12 But I will leave within you

the meek and humble.

The remnant of Israel

will trust in the name of the Lord.

13 They will do no wrong;

they will tell no lies.

A deceitful tongue

and no one will make them afraid.”

Hi Wingnut

Thank you for the scripture.

It's speaking of Israel during the millennium, not before.  In that day, when even "the daughter of my dispersed" shall bring an offering into the kingdom is after the Kingdom is set up on earth.  This is referring to the future generations yet to be born during that time.   These scriptures do not point to the 144,000, but the remnants and even the remnants offspring (daughter of my dispersed)

They would be the children of the remnants not accepted in the kingdom.  It is the children who bring in a clean offering, which is them, their worship. They will be accepted.

Zephaniah 3:8   Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.

Zephaniah 3:9   For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.

Zephaniah 3:10   From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine offering.

Zephaniah 3:11   In that day shalt thou not be ashamed for all thy doings, wherein thou hast transgressed against me: for then I will take away out of the midst of thee them that rejoice in thy pride, and thou shalt no more be haughty because of my holy mountain.

Zephaniah 3:12   I will also leave in the midst of thee an afflicted and poor people, and they shall trust in the name of the LORD.

Zephaniah 3:13   The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies; neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth: for they shall feed and lie down, and none shall make them afraid.

Zephaniah 3:14   Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem.

Zephaniah 3:15   The LORD hath taken away thy judgments, he hath cast out thine enemy: the king of Israel, even the LORD, is in the midst of thee: thou shalt not see evil any more.

Isaiah 66:20   And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  67

Hi Wingnut

Thank you for the scripture.

It's speaking of Israel during the millennium, not before.  In that day, when even "the daughter of my dispersed" shall bring an offering into the kingdom is after the Kingdom is set up on earth.  This is referring to the future generations yet to be born during that time.   These scriptures do not point to the 144,000, but the remnants and even the remnants offspring (daughter of my dispersed)

They would be the children of the remnants not accepted in the kingdom.  It is the children who bring in a clean offering, which is them, their worship. They will be accepted.

Zephaniah 3:8   Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.

Zephaniah 3:9   For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.

Zephaniah 3:10   From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine offering.

Zephaniah 3:11   In that day shalt thou not be ashamed for all thy doings, wherein thou hast transgressed against me: for then I will take away out of the midst of thee them that rejoice in thy pride, and thou shalt no more be haughty because of my holy mountain.

Zephaniah 3:12   I will also leave in the midst of thee an afflicted and poor people, and they shall trust in the name of the LORD.

Zephaniah 3:13   The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies; neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth: for they shall feed and lie down, and none shall make them afraid.

Zephaniah 3:14   Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem.

Zephaniah 3:15   The LORD hath taken away thy judgments, he hath cast out thine enemy: the king of Israel, even the LORD, is in the midst of thee: thou shalt not see evil any more.

Isaiah 66:20   And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD.

Hello again sister,

There are several issues with your assertion this takes place during the millenium.  I will offer some of these examples from the verses you posted and then explain the problem I see.

Zephaniah 3:Therefore wait for me,”

declares the Lord,

“for the day I will stand up to testify.

I have decided to assemble the nations,

to gather the kingdoms

and to pour out my wrath on them—

all my fierce anger.

The whole world will be consumed

by the fire of my jealous anger.

First from this verse, when does the Lord gather all the nations?  The final battle.  When will the whole world be consumed by fire?  The final battle.  That would be post-millenium, when Satan is destroyed.

Zephaniah 3:13 They will do no wrong;

they will tell no lies.

A deceitful tongue

and no one will make them afraid.

In this verse, note the first segment in italics and compare this to what is said in the passage that follows from Revelation 14 which I will post below.  The underlined passage at the conclusion of this verse states that no one will make them afraid.  How can this be during the millenium then?  The final battle would still be yet to come, when Jerusalem is surrounded by an army beyond counting.  Not possible for this to take place until post-millenium.

Revelation 14:These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they remained virgins. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among mankind and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb. No lie was found in their mouths; they are blameless.

The characteristics of the 144,000 are directly attributed to the remnant of Israel right here, no lies, they are blameless, the exact thing Zephaniah said in the previous verse.  There is no separating the remnant from the 144,000, this is scripture confirming scripture.

Zephaniah 3:15 The Lord has taken away your punishment,

he has turned back your enemy.

The Lord, the King of Israel, is with you;

never again will you fear any harm.

Again in this verse we see specifically that they will never fear harm again, which means this cannot be the millenium because the final battle where Satan and his armies surround Jerusalem would still be to come.  The translation you posted states, never again will they see evil, impossible if Satan is yet to bring the final battle to Jerusalem.  This is post-millenium.

Zephaniah 3:18 I will remove from you

all who mourn over the loss of your appointed festivals,

which is a burden and reproach for you.

This verse makes it clear that there will never again be animal sacrifices.  They are a burden and reproach, referencing the appointed festivals.  People who want them are removed.  The offering that Isaiah speaks of in the final verse you posted is not speaking of animal sacrifice, Jesus was the perfect sacrifice, God does not want or accept this anymore, not since the resurrection of Jesus.  The clean vessel that they bring will be themselves, purified by the blood of the Lamb.  The bottom line here is this, the 144,000 are the remnant spoken of by the prophets, and this is all speaking to post-millenium time.

God bless you.

It makes sense to me that there will be those in remote areas, where the grasp of the false prophet isn't very tight, that will make it through.  You've also brought up an interesting possibility by including "Christians who failed the test and took the mark of the beast" in those who make it through.  I tend to agree.  I think they will be among the 5 foolish.

Thanks Last Daze.

Hello again sister,

There are several issues with your assertion this takes place during the millenium.  I will offer some of these examples from the verses you posted and then explain the problem I see.

Zephaniah 3:Therefore wait for me,”

declares the Lord,

“for the day I will stand up to testify.

I have decided to assemble the nations,

to gather the kingdoms

and to pour out my wrath on them—

all my fierce anger.

The whole world will be consumed

by the fire of my jealous anger.

First from this verse, when does the Lord gather all the nations?  The final battle.  When will the whole world be consumed by fire?  The final battle.  That would be post-millenium, when Satan is destroyed.

Hello Wingnut.

I don't recognise that wording. It doesn't speak to me. Hope you don't mind, I will go through it in this version.

To get a clearer picture, go to the top of the chapter.

Zephaniah 3:1   Woe to her that is filthy and polluted, to the oppressing city!   (Babylon the Great.  Satan's kingdom is an oppressing City.  The harlot.)

Zephaniah 3:2   She obeyed not the voice; she received not correction; she trusted not in the LORD; she drew not near to her God.  (Babylon the Great)

Zephaniah 3:3   Her princes within her are roaring lions; her judges are evening wolves; they gnaw not the bones till the morrow. (Babylon the Great, Satan's kingdom...before the 1000 year reign.  so this refers to ....before the kingdom is set up on earth.  )

Zephaniah 3:4   Her prophets are light and treacherous persons: her priests have polluted the sanctuary, they have done violence to the law. (Babylon's Priests, they did not belong to God, they have corrupted the truth)

Zephaniah 3:5   The just LORD is in the midst thereof; he will not do iniquity: every morning doth he bring his judgment to light, he faileth not; but the unjust knoweth no shame.

Zephaniah 3:6   I have cut off the nations: their towers are desolate; I made their streets waste, that none passeth by: their cities are destroyed, so that there is no man, that there is none inhabitant. (Christ will do this at his coming.  He will take reign. 

Towers= the high ones

All the cities of the world will not be inhabited again.  They will remain piles of rubble.  The survivors will not rebuild in the cities, but outside the cities, as this will be a no go zone.  The cities will be a dwelling place for wild beasts.  Remember only Satan was cast in prison, but his angels are not.  They will be sent to these areas, and man is not allowed to enter these old cities during the millennium. 

I'll give scripture later, can't find right now).

Zephaniah 3:7   I said, Surely thou wilt fear me, thou wilt receive instruction; so their dwelling should not be cut off, howsoever I punished them: but they rose early, and corrupted all their doings. (Speaking of Israel now)

Zephaniah 3:8   Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy. (Armageddon.  God will gather the armies there altogether in one place)

Zephaniah 3:9   For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent. (One doctrine)

Zephaniah 3:10   From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine offering. (Even the daughter of Israel, ...the children of the remnants)

Zephaniah 3:11   In that day shalt thou not be ashamed for all thy doings, wherein thou hast transgressed against me: for then I will take away out of the midst of thee them that rejoice in thy pride, and thou shalt no more be haughty because of my holy mountain. (Speaking of Israel)

Zephaniah 3:13   The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies; neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth: for they shall feed and lie down, and none shall make them afraid. (In the 1000 yr Kingdom)

(Because their King will show them the way now.  Satan is locked up.  Evil will not touch these remnants ever again)

Zephaniah 3:16   In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not: and to Zion, Let not thine hands be slack. (Israel shall not fear anything during the millennium.  They will enjoy the fruit of their own labour)

Ezekiel 28:26   And they shall dwell safely therein, and shall build houses, and plant vineyards; yea, they shall dwell with confidence, when I have executed judgments upon all those that despise them round about them; and they shall know that I am the LORD their God.

Don't get Jacob's trouble mixed up with after the 1000 yrs (Gog and Magog war)

Zephaniah 3:13 They will do no wrong;
    they will tell no lies.
A deceitful tongue

and no one will make them afraid.

In this verse, note the first segment in italics and compare this to what is said in the passage that follows from Revelation 14 which I will post below.  The underlined passage at the conclusion of this verse states that no one will make them afraid.  How can this be during the millenium then?  The final battle would still be yet to come, when Jerusalem is surrounded by an army beyond counting.  Not possible for this to take place until post-millenium.

Your two scriptures do not go together.  One is speaking of the remnants, the other Rev 14 is speaking of the 144,000.  They are not the same which is what this whole thread is about from my angle.

The reason why I can say you are mistaken is because Zephaniah 3:13 is speaking of the remnants during the millennium when they are taught Christ.  They will be almost perfect, because their enemy Satan is gone.    These remnants have been chosen from all generations.  They have Christ now and will learn fast.  The holy spirit will be there in abundance, ..in that whole kingdom and also in them.

The 144K on the other hand are found faultless before the millennium even starts.  What you see the remnants doing in the kingdom, these 144K are doing even before Christ returns.  That's the difference.  They did not have to be punished and rescued to see the truth, they already had it during their walk.

Revelation 14:These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they remained virgins. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among mankind and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb. No lie was found in their mouths; they are blameless.

Revelation 14:4   These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

Revelation 14:5   And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

Women = Religion

Virgins = never served another God.  Loyal.

Without Fault = Forgiven.  Sins blotted out.

Follow the Lamb = Christians, not race.  Of the heart.

The characteristics of the 144,000 are directly attributed to the remnant of Israel right here, no lies, they are blameless, the exact thing Zephaniah said in the previous verse.  There is no separating the remnant from the 144,000, this is scripture confirming scripture.

I explained already above.

Zephaniah 3:15 The Lord has taken away your punishment,
    he has turned back your enemy.
The Lord, the King of Israel, is with you;
    never again will you fear any harm.

Again in this verse we see specifically that they will never fear harm again, which means this cannot be the millenium because the final battle where Satan and his armies surround Jerusalem would still be to come.  The translation you posted states, never again will they see evil, impossible if Satan is yet to bring the final battle to Jerusalem.  This is post-millenium.

Why would you think that those remnants in the Kingdom during the Millennium would fear harm?

They are fully taught of Christ.  He has been their protection for a thousand years, and they are fully trained right to the end of the thousand years.  They have truth, and all the fruits of the spirit.

Just like we know prophecy now, they will learn prophecy also.  Just like we are warned now, they will be warned also.  Don't forget it is Christ teaching them, and making them stronger and stronger in spirit.

The attack on the "Camp of the Saints" is just an attack.  They only surround the camp, but do not enter.  No harm ever comes to them.

Zephaniah 3:18 I will remove from you
    all who mourn over the loss of your appointed festivals,
    which is a burden and reproach for you.

This verse makes it clear that there will never again be animal sacrifices.  They are a burden and reproach, referencing the appointed festivals.  People who want them are removed.  The offering that Isaiah speaks of in the final verse you posted is not speaking of animal sacrifice, Jesus was the perfect sacrifice, God does not want or accept this anymore, not since the resurrection of Jesus.  The clean vessel that they bring will be themselves, purified by the blood of the Lamb.  The bottom line here is this, the 144,000 are the remnant spoken of by the prophets, and this is all speaking to post-millenium time.

God bless you.

Zephaniah 3:18   I will gather them that are sorrowful for the solemn assembly, who are of thee, to whom the reproach of it was a burden.

Zephaniah 3:19   Behold, at that time I will undo all that afflict thee: and I will save her that halteth, and gather her that was driven out; and I will get them praise and fame in every land where they have been put to shame.

I'm sorry but your version says exactly the opposite.  It is turning things upside down.  Be careful.

God will gather the ones of Israel who sorrow for the solemn assembly.  They will be the remnants chosen from all generations.

Solemn assembly = Israel assembled unto God.

They miss when Israel listened to God, and God was with them.

The reproach is Israel's punishment, (Jacob's trouble, and for those in times past, past punishments)  These punishments were a burden to them and not a joy.  They are sorrowful for Israel's once connection to God.  God sees into their heart.  They will be re-joined with God, those that are sorrowful, the remnants.

There's so much to cover.  If we look at the surrounding verses, we can get a clearer picture.

There will not be any animal sacrifices again ever.  That was done away with.  The sacrifices they bring in, is their worship.  They have a change of heart/spirit, just like we are supposed to, ....eradicate sin from our lives for the Lord. Give it up, throw it away.  This is the sacrifice that pleases him.

God bless you Wingnut.